Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by ua1flyer
I’m going to explore quite a few new destinations this year and I will be sharing most of my experiences as well as suggestions/tips etc.
We look forward to your trip reports!

Quick (hopefully) question, for those of us getting into travel for business+leisure: what are some of the more interesting places you've been to thus far?

My new motto is “ Stay alive till 25!”(million that is) follow me on Instagram and let’s have some fun!
Great motto to live by! Mine is: life is a journey of distinct experiences. While I have nothing on you in terms of miles flown or destinations, I've always looked forward to & enjoyed the journey!

Safe Travels,

James
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Holy crap 800k is alot of flying! I thought I was doing alot approaching 100k by the end of Feb. Logging 25M would be a truly massive accomplishment. You have my admiration.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by davie355
With those PQM and PQS numbers, plus the cold weather here in New York, I almost thought it was already December.
I could relate with the weather, I live in NJ. At least we didn’t get Chicago’s snow this winter. Edith way, that’s why I spend a lot of time in Australia, Mexico and California this time of year.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Just passed 1 million PQM yesterday on my way home from Australia. also over half way to 21 million. I see that United is making a strong effort in improving service,in my last several flights, I have seen excellent service!!
1P and jjmoore like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just passed 1 million PQM yesterday on my way home from Australia. also over half way to 21 million. I see that United is making a strong effort in improving service,in my last several flights, I have seen excellent service!!
Glad YOU have, at least!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Wow! That explains why UA already made those graphics up to 40 million miles
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Wow! That explains why UA already made those graphics up to 40 million miles
tom - in case you missed it, FT user @davie355 discovered this graphic 'hiding' on ua.com:

user @gmt4 then made that graphic a little more realistic:

Who has flown (or will fly) 40 million miles on UA?
ryan182, wxguy, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:27 pm

Funny. I would trade the 40 million medallion for the ability to live Long enough to have flown that many miles.
hscottm, Fredd, wxguy and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: United Gold
Tom - haven't seen any "upcoming trip" lists lately. Where you headed next?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:45 am

Ian in Frankfurt today and do London and finish the week in Melbourne. Saturday ,My wife and I visit some friends in LA, and continue to Honolulu Sunday for a whole week of downtime. I’ll head back to Japan and Hawaii the next week with my Brother,but fly over to Melbourne for that Saturday to celebrate a good friend’s 70th Birthday. Busy month. Should hit 20.7 million by the end of April Pretty exited about today’s flight back to Chicago! The 3 class cabin seats. Don’t see that very much any more!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Tom - a serious question. You state that you've seen "improving service" over your recent flights. What kind of improvement are you seeing? More attentive service from FA's? Better food and drink? Or is it something else, such as on time departure and arrival?

thanks in advance.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: None anymore
Ian in Frankfurt today and do London and finish the week in Melbourne. Saturday ,My wife and I visit some friends in LA, and continue to Honolulu Sunday for a whole week of downtime. I’ll head back to Japan and Hawaii the next week with my Brother,but fly over to Melbourne for that Saturday to celebrate a good friend’s 70th Birthday. Busy month. Should hit 20.7 million by the end of April Pretty exited about today’s flight back to Chicago! The 3 class cabin seats. Don’t see that very much any more!
Are you doing Japan, Hawaii, then MEL? So you fly TYO-HNL-SFO-MEL for a routing like that? And for London to Melbourne you fly to the US first I'm assuming so you can stay on UA?

Many times I'm caught going from Asia to Europe and that's impossible on United metal without going through the US first...
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Hey Tom, UA99 on Tuesday night , what day ou off to MEL, we can have our annual trip lol

oopps I mean 98

Last edited by Jimmie Jet; Apr 9, 2019 at 12:11 am Reason: Wrong flight
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by halls120
Tom - a serious question. You state that you've seen "improving service" over your recent flights. What kind of improvement are you seeing? More attentive service from FA's? Better food and drink? Or is it something else, such as on time departure and arrival?

thanks in advance.
I’ve been experiencing consistently good service from the flight attendents, which is very admirable considering they have cut one from the crew. My hat is off to the flight attendants for upping their game while being short handed at the same time. As far as the on time performance,my flights have been consistently early or on time. Of course,knock on wood, I haven’t dealt with much weather problems either. The funny part about the whole “on time” thing is that years ago when the govt started measuring the whole on time departures and arrivals, all airlines dramatically increased the flight times to give themselves plenty of wiggle room to comply. As far as food goes I find myself eating less meals on the planes because the food in the Polaris lounges are so much better.... better foods and better beverages.
Kitto likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by warrenw
Are you doing Japan, Hawaii, then MEL? So you fly TYO-HNL-SFO-MEL for a routing like that? And for London to Melbourne you fly to the US first I'm assuming so you can stay on UA?

Many times I'm caught going from Asia to Europe and that's impossible on United metal without going through the US first...
with my brother , we will go to Japan -Hawaii-Newark,drop him off Thursday afternoon, pick up my wife a few hours later and go Newark-LA-Mel, get into Melbourne Saturday morning,attend a cocktail party and dinner Saturday night to celebrate a good friend’s 70th, and head back home Sunday morning. And yes I will typically go London to SFO- Sydney or through LAXto Melbourne.
Heffeh41 and Jimmie Jet like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.