Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:05 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Nice article Tom!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ua1flyer

Originally Posted by DELee
So the author of the article didn't interview you?

David

yes. And it was an accurate quote, just very dated.
So basically, the author got ahold of a UA press release (or maybe your posts here on FT), dug up some older articles and wrote another without talking to you?

Wow.

David
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
So basically, the author got ahold of a UA press release (or maybe your posts here on FT), dug up some older articles and wrote another without talking to you?

Wow.

David
very confused here. Not sure what your point is. Who is it you are trying to discredit, me or the author? I will again repeat. The author did interview me. The quote was accurate . That technique to flatter the flight attendants was something Iused to do many years ago,hence the word dated. I haven’t done it for many years because I now know so many of the crews personally now. I still don’t feel terrible about it. Actually both the author and laughed about it. Sort of when the wife asks “Do I look fat in these jeans?” Are we good?
LyfeSaver and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

very confused here. Not sure what your point is. Who is it you are trying to discredit, me or the author? I will again repeat. The author did interview me. The quote was accurate . That technique to flatter the flight attendants was something Iused to do many years ago,hence the word dated. I haven’t done it for many years because I now know so many of the crews personally now. I still don’t feel terrible about it. Actually both the author and laughed about it. Sort of when the wife asks “Do I look fat in these jeans?” Are we good?
Sorry - I misunderstood the rationale for why the author quoted you that way. As you've said and we know, you know the crews up front. The way the article was written, it doesn't seemed to properly convey your intent of being polite and understanding the challenges that flight attendants have to manage. Personally, the way that the article, and specifically the author, highlighted that approach seemed to be awkward at best.

My apologies for not quite understanding the context of how the author cited you. We're good!

David
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Sorry - I misunderstood the rationale for why the author quoted you that way. As you've said and we know, you know the crews up front. The way the article was written, it doesn't seemed to properly convey your intent of being polite and understanding the challenges that flight attendants have to manage. Personally, the way that the article, and specifically the author, highlighted that approach seemed to be awkward at best.

My apologies for not quite understanding the context of how the author cited you. We're good!

David
classic line from pulp fiction “ we good?”, “ we good!”

Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Just watched the video of the flight where he did 20 million miles....as a IMM I cannot even entertain the thought of flying 19m more miles. Free champagne for all the passengers was a nice touch.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Saw the pic of you in your 20MM jacket. Super cool! @ua1flyer
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by cruisr
Just watched the video of the flight where he did 20 million miles....as a IMM I cannot even entertain the thought of flying 19m more miles. Free champagne for all the passengers was a nice touch.
Actually they gave me 2 jackets, a light windbreaker just like the one they gave me at 18 and 19 million ,but the really cool one they gave me was a leather pilot’s jacket. Love it! It will help with the weight loss feels like it weighs 20 pounds! Lol. They also put a very small plaque on the liquor cabinet in the bar area of the ORD Polaris lounge citing the 20 million milestone. It was a small intimate cocktail party that was total class ,shared with my immediate family and my United family. Someone videod the presentation and speeches, just don’t know where they might be posted. I guess my new motto will be “Stay alive till 25!”
wxguy, 1015-1k, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
I'll be thru the ORD Polaris lounge Friday, I'll look for your plaque!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador

Actually they gave me 2 jackets, a light windbreaker just like the one they gave me at 18 and 19 million ,but the really cool one they gave me was a leather pilot’s jacket. Love it! It will help with the weight loss feels like it weighs 20 pounds! Lol. They also put a very small plaque on the liquor cabinet in the bar area of the ORD Polaris lounge citing the 20 million milestone. It was a small intimate cocktail party that was total class ,shared with my immediate family and my United family. Someone videod the presentation and speeches, just don’t know where they might be posted. I guess my new motto will be “Stay alive till 25!”
Congrats!! I was on your flight on Saturday from EWR-ORD, also in FC. I would've loved to say hi, you are somewhat of a hero to me. I have read about you since I graduated high school and always thought, I want to be him! I didn't want to interrupt you with your family though. Hope to have the chance another time.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by chgodrew
Congrats!! I was on your flight on Saturday from EWR-ORD, also in FC. I would've loved to say hi, you are somewhat of a hero to me. I have read about you since I graduated high school and always thought, I want to be him! I didn't want to interrupt you with your family though. Hope to have the chance another time.
hero..no ...fellow traveler.. yes. Feel free to stop and say hello anytime. Always love meeting fellow travelers.
wxguy, drotman, kirkwoodj and 6 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Just saw the video of your 20 mil on UA’s YouTube page. Looks like it was a fun flight! ^

Hope to see and meet you in the air someday!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by gmt4
I'll be thru the ORD Polaris lounge Friday, I'll look for your plaque!
feel like a selfie with that plaque is a must-do for anyone passing through the ORD Polaris lounge.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold

United - Tom Stuker reaches 20 million miles

“At the end of the day, it’s not about the places I go, it’s about the people I meet.” Congratulations on 20 million miles, Tom Stuker!

Wow, just wow, 20 million miles on United, I am at a loss for words!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:17 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc51dw9flM

United - Tom Stuker reaches 20 million miles

“At the end of the day, it’s not about the places I go, it’s about the people I meet.” Congratulations on 20 million miles, Tom Stuker!

Wow, just wow, 20 million miles on United, I am at a loss for words!
BRAVO Tom, BRAVO!
jjmoore likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.