Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
Good Morning Tom, happy January 1st, did you make 1K yet or is it a slow start...... lol

sitting in Melbourne let me know when you pas thru again , fly syd-sfo Friday
Happy New Year Jimmie. I will make 1K this Monday on my way to Melbourne, the first of 3 trips down under this month.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ua1flyer

Happy New Year Jimmie. I will make 1K this Monday on my way to Melbourne, the first of 3 trips down under this month.
1K by January 7th? Wow!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

1K by January 7th? Wow!
33K butt in seat booked in J.... that will do it.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM

Having just done LAX-MEL...I don’t know how you tolerate so many flights in the 787. Even the bulkhead J seats are just awful for a flight that long.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Over the years I would guess that I flew on at least 60-80 other airlines.
I'd say that's almost as impressive as the 20MM.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jjmoore
33K butt in seat booked in J.... that will do it.
Indeed. You'd only have to do something like SFO-SYD-SFO-FRA-SFO-MEL in 7 days to achieve it. Piece of cake Leave for SYD on the 1st on UA 863, get there on the 3rd. Spend a day there, and then back on the 4th on UA 870. Straight off to FRA on UA 58, getting there on the 5th, and then back on the 6th on UA 59, and then head to MEL on the 7th.

Years ago, before I'd heard of Tom, I used to be so proud when I achieved 1K by the summer!

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Seat2A just reached 200 airlines. I counted mine - I'm actually up to 68, much to my own surprise (I'd guessed I'd be around 30). UA1Flyer - you may have accrued a lot more than you imagine, particularly if you count all the regional airlines.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:30 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Well, 60 airlines, while impressive, is a lot easier than 20MM. In the past few years I've likely flown on 50 different airlines, but <1M BIS.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist
I was able to start the new travel year right by meeting UA1Flyer while in the SFO lounge awaiting flight UA1 on January 1st to SIN. Tom was great to chat with and the ultimate person to sit near in the lounge to talk all things travel. At the time he was wearing glasses so I had to compare to internet pictures before asking if it was indeed him. In reading various articles about him through the years, I was always wondering what he was like and it's my pleasure to report that he's incredibly nice and fun to spend a little time with! My wife and 4 year old daughter (herself a 1K) also enjoyed meeting him. With 1.8 million United miles, I figured it was an eventuality that I'd get to meet him someday and did in the most ideal way possible.
tuolumne, wrp96, jjmoore and 3 others like this.

Last edited by hawkswin; Jan 4, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry

unbeilevable

ill be back in Mel on the 25nd via sfo-akl

so so far I’m on track for 1,095,000 pqm in 2019, big numbers when you cross the pacific in the first 4 days then extrapolate the rate for the year!

Reality is somewhat different

kirkwoodj and jjmoore like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
Just saw this article come out with your tips for a good experience...guess you can't use that white lie anymore!

Travel Advice From a Man Who Has Flown 20 Million Miles | Money
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
I wish they didn’t mention that. I stopped doing that almost 30 years ago. Heck , I know most of the crews personally. Still, a kind word always goes a long way.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: UA Platinum

I don’t avoid anywhere. I am lucky that between United and the Star alliance,I get to about 98% of my intende destinations. Over the years I would guess that I flew on at least 60-80 other airlines.
Ever think about occasionally diversifying your airline choices just for the fun of it? It should be easy for you to get lifetime elite status on all 3 alliances if you haven't already.
rufflesinc likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I wish they didn’t mention that. I stopped doing that almost 30 years ago. Heck , I know most of the crews personally. Still, a kind word always goes a long way.
So the author of the article didn't interview you?

David
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by DELee
So the author of the article didn't interview you?

David
yes. And it was an accurate quote, just very dated.
Originally Posted by Ryu2
Ever think about occasionally diversifying your airline choices just for the fun of it? It should be easy for you to get lifetime elite status on all 3 alliances if you haven't already.
I am a lifetime gold on American

I don’t know anyone well at other airlines and I know everyone at United. So, I fly with my friends so to speak.

kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 8, 2019 at 12:36 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

When's your 20MM party at ORD?
Will any of us be invited?
Curious minds want to know!
wxguy and jjmoore like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.