ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by UAL250
Another impressive year coming to an end! Will you hit 4 million PQM by the 31st? I may be dumb for even asking such a question!
if I do fly all my remaining reservations, I should surpass 4 million PQM. I assure you that it would be the first and the last time it will ever happen. I couldnt think of a better way to spend the last 17 days of the year than I am with my family. A cruise in the Caribbean, 3 days at Christmas in New Jersey with the extended family for a traditional Christmas ,and then the last week in Hawaii. I hope everyone here on FT has a safe and blessed holiday season. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Flight!!
kirkwoodj, wrp96, UAL250 and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ua1flyer

if I do fly all my remaining reservations, I should surpass 4 million PQM. I assure you that it would be the first and the last time it will ever happen. I couldnt think of a better way to spend the last 17 days of the year than I am with my family. A cruise in the Caribbean, 3 days at Christmas in New Jersey with the extended family for a traditional Christmas ,and then the last week in Hawaii. I hope everyone here on FT has a safe and blessed holiday season. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Flight!!
Good on ya, Tom!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by BeeeJay
I've cruised NCL quite a few times and have only three words to say: "Ultimate Beverage Package"!!!
With most cruise lines, you have to be a really heavy drinker for the packages to make sense.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
With most cruise lines, you have to be a really heavy drinker for the packages to make sense.
Challenge accepted.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I have joked to my friends that in the event of my death, they should call their broker and short Bacardi.So, maybe I would have been a guy to take advantage of that package. But things change. I am taking my 2 sons , my daughter in law and my Grandaughter on this cruise. ( my wife is still teaching till almost Christmas) My roommate for the cruise is my single son who is in recovery from Alcholism. It’s time to be the dad he needs me to be....hell its time for me to be that Dad that I need to be. I’m going alcohol free on the cruise.....and hopefully much more in the future. Not easy at all. I pray for all those who struggle each day with addictions. May God watch over them a little extra during this holiday season.
Rare, Fredd, superEGO and 10 others like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA

I have joked to my friends that in the event of my death, they should call their broker and short Bacardi.So, maybe I would have been a guy to take advantage of that package. But things change. I am taking my 2 sons , my daughter in law and my Grandaughter on this cruise. ( my wife is still teaching till almost Christmas) My roommate for the cruise is my single son who is in recovery from Alcholism. Its time to be the dad he needs me to be....hell its time for me to be that Dad that I need to be. Im going alcohol free on the cruise.....and hopefully much more in the future. Not easy at all. I pray for all those who struggle each day with addictions. May God watch over them a little extra during this holiday season.
Good for you for being there for your son, Ill be praying for both of you in this journey,

On the ship, there should be daily Friends of Bill W meetings. They will either be listed in the daily schedule or on a bulletin board near guest relations.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:06 pm

I have joked to my friends that in the event of my death, they should call their broker and short Bacardi.So, maybe I would have been a guy to take advantage of that package. But things change. I am taking my 2 sons , my daughter in law and my Grandaughter on this cruise. ( my wife is still teaching till almost Christmas) My roommate for the cruise is my single son who is in recovery from Alcholism. Its time to be the dad he needs me to be....hell its time for me to be that Dad that I need to be. Im going alcohol free on the cruise.....and hopefully much more in the future. Not easy at all. I pray for all those who struggle each day with addictions. May God watch over them a little extra during this holiday season.
Love this thread. Respect Tom for how open and real he is. Safe travels and enjoy the cruise!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.

Good luck, brother!
Change for the better is possible, even later in life.
Family and friends are truly the only meaningful measure of a good life.

Merry Christmas, Tom, to you and your family!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I think it's no surprise the stellar reputation of his consulting practice is known throughout the world!

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName

Love this thread. Respect Tom for how open and real he is. Safe travels and enjoy the cruise!
wrp96 and FlyerTalkUserName like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Congratulations on another epic year Tom! I'm looking forward to the 20mm mile celebration
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:10 am

In light of your personal situation, I apologize for my suggestion, and applaud you for your efforts and echo your sentiments for those struggling with a situation they are unable to manage
comfortablynumb likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:22 pm

Wow Tom!! 4 million, thats some serious flying, I though i had a busy year I feel i have been seating in Atlanta traffic in comparison this: is my first year flying over 1 million PQM i am 574 miles from that number now but who is counting curious whats your PQS be for 2018? I hope to see you again soon, I had the pleasure meeting you during the farewell of the 747!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA GS

Any idea on your BIS total for the year? Sounds like you will be way north of 1 million and a new personal best.
The best of Holiday wishes to you, Dar and the kids.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:13 am

Just passed 4 million PQM on my way to Hawaii today. Not done yet. My BIS will be just south of 1.4 million. I’ll put out my final numbers later in the week. Hope everyone is having a great holiday.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Just passed 4 million PQM on my way to Hawaii today. Not done yet. My BIS will be just south of 1.4 million. Ill put out my final numbers later in the week. Hope everyone is having a great holiday.
Awesome! So... gotta ask... is your enjoyment of flying keeping your retirement date at bay? Many of us have some fear of the grim reaper, and consider retirement a way to enjoy the time we have left. But you might be like my Grandfather, a farmer who spent his life in the fields, which he really loved. "Retirement" meant missing out on that. He didn't get to drive his old Chevy with his favorite dog through the fields anymore. What would you do without a plane to catch? :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.