Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by ua1flyer

It is official. The 20 million flight will be on Wednesday the 7th on the 6 pm flight Newark to LAX. Ironically , I will pass the 20 million mark almost exactly where I crossed 10 million..... right over Des Moines.
UA1Flyer,

Since you've got a whopping 90 minute connection in LAX - can you ask for a tour of the soon to be opened Polaris Lounge ?

Last edited by Aspen; Nov 4, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓

It is official. The 20 million flight will be on Wednesday the 7th on the 6 pm flight Newark to LAX. Ironically , I will pass the 20 million mark almost exactly where I crossed 10 million..... right over Des Moines.
isn't that where George Clooney's character passed the 10MM mark in the movie? Now THAT would be irony.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

I stand corrected and will now eliminate “English Teacher” from my resume.
I guess you can keep that line in your resume if you feel like it. "Ironically" is used to denote a coincidental situation.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I guess you can keep that line in your resume if you feel like it. "Ironically" is used to denote a coincidental situation.
Just like people say "literally" when they mean "figuratively"?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond

Many millions of Congratulations Tom! Are you planning to slow down or just heading towards 30MM?
jjmoore likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, UA, AA, CX, SQ

OMG congrats. I barely crossed over 1MM today myself on UA 180.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by jjmoore
isn't that where George Clooney's character passed the 10MM mark in the movie? Now THAT would be irony.
Maybe it was, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t in one of his non- stops in an American 757 with champagne to St Louis, Tulsa or Detroit!
wrp96 and jjmoore like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...I will pass the 20 million mark almost exactly where I crossed 10 million..... right over Des Moines.
The Des Moines Chamber of Commerce has been waiting since the first 10 million for something new to brag about. Now they have it - “Visit the city ua1flyer flew his 10 and 20 millionth miles over!”
wrp96 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
IIRC he was over Dubuque in the movie, so not too far...
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

The Des Moines Chamber of Commerce has been waiting since the first 10 million for something new to brag about. Now they have it - “Visit the city ua1flyer flew his 10 and 20 millionth miles over!”
If they really wanted to "commercialize" this event, the CoC would run ads and rent out binoculars to the public so they can watch him fly by on Wednesday afternoon with an official to-the-mile countdown and a fireworks display.

Congrats Tom on your amazing achievements. I don't think there will be anyone to follow your footsteps anytime soon.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
If they really wanted to "commercialize" this event, the CoC would run ads and rent out binoculars to the public so they can watch him fly by on Wednesday afternoon with an official to-the-mile countdown and a fireworks display.

Congrats Tom on your amazing achievements. I don't think there will be anyone to follow your footsteps anytime soon.
on the 10 million flight , United opened up a couple of cases of Vueve and poured everyone a glass as we passed over. That would be nice. Before I take off, I will ask the pilot to give me the exact location. Worst case scenario, I could track it on the map on the entertainment system.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339

Many millions of Congratulations Tom! Are you planning to slow down or just heading towards 30MM?
Good to here from you Pat. I hope all is well. Darlene and I will be in Hawaii for both Hawaii and Christmas week. Hope you can join us for a Mai Tai .......or 2. Next goal is 25 million (God willing) that would be over 1000 times around the world. It would also mean I made it to 70......a more important goal. Just want to stay above ground regardless of altitude.
UA_Flyer, Pat89339, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stand corrected and will now eliminate “English Teacher” from my resume.
Impeccable demonstration of sarcasm. Consider adding 'English Teacher' to your resume.

Good to here from you Pat. I hope all is well. Darlene and I will be in Hawaii for both Hawaii and Christmas week. Hope you can join us for a Mai Tai .......or 2. Next goal is 25 million (God willing) that would be over 1000 times around the world. It would also mean I made it to 70......a more important goal. Just want to stay above ground regardless of altitude.
Which island? Seems every year there might be several FTers in for the holidays.

In any case, congratulations for the milestone! Or perhaps that should be MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmilestone.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:43 am

on the 10 million flight , United opened up a couple of cases of Vueve and poured everyone a glass as we passed over. That would be nice. Before I take off, I will ask the pilot to give me the exact location. Worst case scenario, I could track it on the map on the entertainment system.
Once again, 1000 congrats to you! Wish I could join the EWR-LAX on Wednesday, but I'm stuck in DFW this week managing some domestic affairs. Enjoy the celebration and post some pics!

I'm assuming you're off to SYD? Thanks for the recommendations a few weeks back, Darling Harbour was fantastic! Ended up at Born by Tapavino for dinner a short walk up at Barangaroo - some of the better tapas I've had in a long long while.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by fumje
...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmilesto ne.
(I counted all those "M"s and found them to be too many! )

Congrats on the amazing achievement on the 7th!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.