Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Make sure they have your name spelled correctly this time for the special occasion!
I'll second the above!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
My plans are constantly changing , but my best guess on hitting the 20million would be between November 3rd and November 11th. These are 2 troundtrips to Australia. I was contacted by United yesterday ,informing that they would like to do something at the Chicago Polaris on a date following. Don’t have any details. Not sure what they will do. I’m expecting something along the lines of much less 6han the 10 million. I would be thrilled with cake champagne a new jacket and my family by my side. United has always ,Day in and day out globally givin me more than I would expect and more than I deserve. I should throw them(my second family) a party for them!! I will post another update about the exact date and flight as well as any party info in about a week.
I suspect part of the reason you are treated so well by the people of United is because that is how you treat them. Respect and kindness go a long ways, and you seem to have both in abundance. Congratulations on another Million Milestone.
jjmoore likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Congrats Tom. I will be doing the SYD / SIN rounds this weekend through next week.

Any recommendations on restaurants in SYD?

Any plans to go for 30MM?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Congrats Tom. I will be doing the SYD / SIN rounds this weekend through next week.

Any recommendations on restaurants in SYD?

Any plans to go for 30MM?
plenty of great restaurants at “The Rocks” or Darling Harbour. Beautiful views and people watching as well. Safe travels. Can’t conceive of 30 million. Would love to hit 25 though. That would mean I live to 70. That milestone is more important than ANY more millions. ........ still love flyin though.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
I pass 19,950,000 tomorrow heading home from Melbourne. I stop in LA for the day to meet with my partner on our new product that fights jet lag. Very exited about recent test results. I will announce the date and flight that I will pass the 20 million. Unofficially it will be November 7th from Newark to Australia. I will confirm in the next few days.
JetBunny, wxguy, narvik and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I pass 19,950,000 tomorrow heading home from Melbourne. I stop in LA for the day to meet with my partner on our new product that fights jet lag. Very exited about recent test results. I will announce the date and flight that I will pass the 20 million. Unofficially it will be November 7th from Newark to Australia. I will confirm in the next few days.
Guess it's one year to the day of the last 747 flight. Maybe they can bring one out of the graveyard just for your flight?

iluv2fly and jjmoore like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
Guess it's one year to the day of the last 747 flight. Maybe they can bring one out of the graveyard just for your flight?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZwbIMfh...on_share_sheet
That was my favorite flight all time!!! A non-stop Happy Hour!! As soon as we took off EVERYONE was standing for the entire flight untill they demanded we get buckled into our seats among roars of “ One more time!!!”
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.

That was my favorite flight all time!!! A non-stop Happy Hour!! As soon as we took off EVERYONE was standing for the entire flight untill they demanded we get buckled into our seats among roars of “ One more time!!!”
I was lucky enough to take my final 747 Flight SFO-ICN-SFO 2 days before the finals. Nowhere near the level of excitement on those flights. In fact, I had to have few words with a seatmate who was just berating the In-Charge about the reliability of those old 744's.

I've never posted on your thread until now, Txx. However, after perhaps 4mm on various airlines since birth (My father is a retired 744 skipper), I respect the amazing amount of travel you've completed.

And as other posters have commented, it is surely due to your graciousness that you are treated so well. We've never met but perhaps I'll have the pleasure someday.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...I stop in LA for the day to meet with my partner on our new product that fights jet lag...
Would that be an International First Class cabin on United?
jjmoore likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
i’m flying EWR-LAX-KOA on that day. i’ll gladly take a middle seat to SDC onto your EWR-LAX/SFO/IAH flight once we have details.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by riphamilton

i’m flying EWR-LAX-KOA on that day. i’ll gladly take a middle seat to SDC onto your EWR-LAX/SFO/IAH flight once we have details.
It is official. The 20 million flight will be on Wednesday the 7th on the 6 pm flight Newark to LAX. Ironically , I will pass the 20 million mark almost exactly where I crossed 10 million..... right over Des Moines.
PTahCha, 1P, Live4Upgrade and 20 others like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:16 pm

Ironically , I will pass the 20 million mark almost exactly where I crossed 10 million..... right over Des Moines.
That's coincidence, not irony.
drewguy likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
It is official. The 20 million flight will be on Wednesday the 7th on the 6 pm flight Newark to LAX. Ironically , I will pass the 20 million mark almost exactly where I crossed 10 million..... right over Des Moines.
super exciting! Big kudos. Thank you for keeping us posted. Will your wife or children be on your flight with you??
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by davie355
That's coincidence, not irony.
I stand corrected and will now eliminate “English Teacher” from my resume.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest

super exciting! Big kudos. Thank you for keeping us posted. Will your wife or children be on your flight with you??
My kids can’t make it ,but my wife will. I actually cancelled a few trips so that she would be able to join me. She is a teacher and has those days off. We are going to Australia for our friends 60th birthday party.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.