Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Wow. Today United celebrated my 18 million miles in the Polaris lounge in Chicago. My wife and I were on our way to Hong Kong. Normally, when I pass another million milestone, it's an intimate celebration with a few of the Global agents in the first class lounge. A bottle of Vueve,a nice cake and a hand written card. That has always made it special! But today... wow..again. The entire Global team , the crew from my flight to Hong Kong, the VP of Mileage plus and some other executives from United were all there!!! ( like they didn't have better things to do on their Saturday morning) That alone was amazing, but the gifts blew me away! A Tiffany wine decanter, a beautiful leather wallet, a luxurious umbrella, a bottle of Vueve, and my favorite gift of all, instead of a t-shirt, they gave me a customized United windbreaker with my name and 18 million miles on it! I love it and will proudly wear it as an ambassador of United. A special shout out to Colleen for the jacket, Steve Hobbs and of course Lisa Cole for making this happen! But, my proudest moment was being able to share this day with my wife, my sone,his wife and my granddaughter. My other son couldn't make it ,but was there in spirit. I will try to download some pictures if somebody will show me how.....yeah I'm still low tech. Safe journeys all and have a great summer!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Congrats, from the next concourse over (the B6 club)
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Congrats Tom. Glad that United helped you celebrate in style.

*edit
Julian at TPG has a blogpost about you hitting 18 million.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/06/man...-miles-united/

Last edited by oopl; Jun 24, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Wow. Today United celebrated my 18 million miles in the Polaris lounge in Chicago. My wife and I were on our way to Hong Kong. Normally, when I pass another million milestone, it's an intimate celebration with a few of the Global agents in the first class lounge. A bottle of Vueve,a nice cake and a hand written card. That has always made it special! But today... wow..again. The entire Global team , the crew from my flight to Hong Kong, the VP of Mileage plus and some other executives from United were all there!!! ( like they didn't have better things to do on their Saturday morning) That alone was amazing, but the gifts blew me away! A Tiffany wine decanter, a beautiful leather wallet, a luxurious umbrella, a bottle of Vueve, and my favorite gift of all, instead of a t-shirt, they gave me a customized United windbreaker with my name and 18 million miles on it! I love it and will proudly wear it as an ambassador of United. A special shout out to Colleen for the jacket, Steve Hobbs and of course Lisa Cole for making this happen! But, my proudest moment was being able to share this day with my wife, my sone,his wife and my granddaughter. My other son couldn't make it ,but was there in spirit. I will try to download some pictures if somebody will show me how.....yeah I'm still low tech. Safe journeys all and have a great summer!
Congrats Tom! I spoke with Rob GS Agent [EWR] on Thursday and I was mentioning your milestone. He sends his congratulations.

Last edited by NH_Clark; Jun 24, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Wow, what a fab celebration and to have your wife with you so she could enjoy too. But you earned it. Congratulations!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:40 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Congratulations Tom on your well-deserved recognition.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Congrats and here is one just posted less than an hour ago (I'll add it to the wiki)

GREAT PHOTOS!

Meet the Man Who’s Flown 18 Million Miles on United

Julian Mark Khee - 41 minutes ago - June 24, 2017

Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Congratulations, sorry I missed it. Hopefully will be there at the 19miliion celebration.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:41 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Congrats yet again on another amazing milestone Tom ^^^ and now I'll not only have to be on the lookout for "the man in the black hat" but "the man in the black hat and the United windbreaker"
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
That alone was amazing, but the gifts blew me away! A Tiffany wine decanter, a beautiful leather wallet, a luxurious umbrella, a bottle of Vueve, and my favorite gift of all, instead of a t-shirt, they gave me a customized United windbreaker with my name and 18 million miles on it! I love it and will proudly wear it as an ambassador of United.
I'd like to add my congratulations to the list. And I'm impressed with the gifts, too. Let's see. That leaves me just ... 17.2M shy. Better get flyin'.

Originally Posted by oopl
Julian at TPG has a blogpost about you hitting 18 million.

The blog post claims that the 18M miles are all BIS. Is that true? I thought they were 18M PQM. Either way, I can't be any less impressed.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by iapetus
The blog post claims that the 18M miles are all BIS. Is that true? I thought they were 18M PQM. Either way, I can't be any less impressed.
Mr. Stuker has indeed flown over 18MM BIS miles on UA ^^
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Is 18mm the most anyone has ever flown? That's just insane. And Mr. Stuker expects to hit 20mm in a few more years OMG!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by iapetus
I'd like to add my congratulations to the list. And I'm impressed with the gifts, too. Let's see. That leaves me just ... 17.2M shy. Better get flyin'.

Given your kind note of congratulations, pretty sure you mean "more impressed," not "less"!

I will try to download some pictures if somebody will show me how.....yeah I'm still low tech.
If you meant upload, it's actually straightforward! Just click/tap the button labeled "Manage Attachments" in the advanced post interface. Then on the resulting screen choose the photos from either your computer's file system or your phone's photo library. FlyerTalk is now smart enough to associate a newly uploaded photo with the post in which it was attached, so they should display automatically.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
If you meant upload, it's actually straightforward! Just click/tap the button labeled "Manage Attachments" in the advanced post interface. Then on the resulting screen choose the photos from either your computer's file system or your phone's photo library. FlyerTalk is now smart enough to associate a newly uploaded photo with the post in which it was attached, so they should display automatically.
Thanks for the tip! I've got to try it!

And Tom, big big kudos for 18M bis miles. Very glad your happy wife was with you for the celebration!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
Congrats Tom. Huge milestone! A pleasure to meet you en route MEL (my first and your second home!).

I watched you enrich a lot of peoples' day on that plane. I know it comes as second nature to you.

Lurker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.