Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Sorry it took so long to respond to everything. Here it goes, It was MY fault NOT the flight attendant’s. I feel it was an honest mistake, but I️ stand behind the flight attendant 100%. She was simply doing her job. No shortage of Mai Tais on my end from the best flying party ever, so with much less inhibition, I assumed those nuts were soon going to be distributed to our seats along with a predepature cocktail........ like I really needed one. I want to publically apoplogize to the flight attendant and personally except 100% responsibility for that incident. I’m sorry it even got the attention it did. I have flown on over
8000 flights with United and can count on 1 hand the times a flight attendant was completely unacceptable in their actions. Not a bad record, a record ANY airline would be proud of.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:35 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Sorry it took so long to respond to everything. Here it goes, It was MY fault NOT the flight attendant’s. I feel it was an honest mistake, but I️ stand behind the flight attendant 100%. She was simply doing her job. No shortage of Mai Tais on my end from the best flying party ever, so with much less inhibition, I assumed those nuts were soon going to be distributed to our seats along with a predepature cocktail........ like I really needed one. I want to publically apoplogize to the flight attendant and personally except 100% responsibility for that incident. I’m sorry it even got the attention it did. I have flown on over
8000 flights with United and can count on 1 hand the times a flight attendant was completely unacceptable in their actions. Not a bad record, a record ANY airline would be proud of.
You are the definition of the word "mensch" Tom!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
This made me laugh

Did he pull out his oversized DYFKWIA Plutonium card with the imbedded moon rocks to show her???

oMG. How funny some of us can be.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA GS
Tom. Thanks for getting back to everyone here. Real class! Knowing you as well as I do, I was expecting a response almost exactly the same as you posted. Take care and hopefully we'll see you soon on the islands.
halls120 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Tom,

You're an absolute gem. I've not yet had the pleasure of serving you (maybe one day), but from all accounts, you're an absolute model flyer. Also, I think you're one of the few who can actually say that they fly more than most crew does!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sorry it took so long to respond to everything. Here it goes, It was MY fault NOT the flight attendant’s. I feel it was an honest mistake, but I️ stand behind the flight attendant 100%. She was simply doing her job.
Snapping at a customer - even if he was in the wrong - is never acceptable.
The Wolf and AugustusM like this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by halls120
Snapping at a customer - even if he was in the wrong - is never acceptable.
I wholeheartedly agree with this, though I have complete respect and praise for how Tom handled the situation. Not many out there that would have done the same.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by villox
I suggest Tom write in Customer Service to complain. They might throw in another airplane as compensation.
I snorted out loud at this!
FlyerTalkUserName likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I snorted out loud at this!
I'm very grateful for the 2 airplanes they put my name on already. I was equally honored both times. As many people know, United and it's 80,000 employees are like a second family to me. I am treated better than I feel I deserve. 99.9 % of the people I have met are super employees and really care about customers. The other point 01 just got up on the wrong side of bed. I am heading back home from Hawaii after a great 4 days . I have passed 1 million miles BIS in a year for the third time and look to hitting 19 million in the first quarter of 2018. I am trying to time my 19 million with losing 50 pounds. My weight loss means much more to me. I have lost 30 so far and want to drop another 20 to go along with the mileage milestone. I hope everyone had a safe, happy and blessed Thanksgiving, and I wish the same for everyone during the holiday season.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA GS
I'm very grateful for the 2 airplanes they put my name on already. I was equally honored both times. As many people know, United and it's 80,000 employees are like a second family to me. I am treated better than I feel I deserve. 99.9 % of the people I have met are super employees and really care about customers. The other point 01 just got up on the wrong side of bed. I am heading back home from Hawaii after a great 4 days . I have passed 1 million miles BIS in a year for the third time and look to hitting 19 million in the first quarter of 2018. I am trying to time my 19 million with losing 50 pounds. My weight loss means much more to me. I have lost 30 so far and want to drop another 20 to go along with the mileage milestone. I hope everyone had a safe, happy and blessed Thanksgiving, and I wish the same for everyone during the holiday season.
After all you’ve given to United you’re now also trying to help them become more fuel efficient. What a guy!
comfortablynumb likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA MM
Nice job with the weight loss, and keep at it! You should feel proud of yourself for that. I've lost 65 in a year and half and it's certainly among the hardest things I've done in my life.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Shedding that is no small feat once we get north of 40/50+ years old! I’m told swimming and walking may help.

Look forward to to your next TV/Movie/Netflix series!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I am trying to time my 19 million with losing 50 pounds. My weight loss means much more to me. I have lost 30 so far and want to drop another 20 to go along with the mileage milestone.
Congratulations, 30 lbs is amazing already, Tom!

Have them put GBB (garlic bread ban) in your file as special meal request until you’ve made it all the way to -50lbs.

”I can resist anything but temptation.”
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Losing weight while flying so much is also no easy feat. Congrats and good luck...and share any secrets you find out along the way!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Losing weight while flying so much is also no easy feat. Congrats and good luck...and share any secrets you find out along the way!
I just flew 881F with Tom, and we're sitting here in the NRT GFL. I can confirm he "ate healthy." Looking great! And wonderful to chat with you again, Tom!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.