ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:59 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I was able to personally congratulate Tom on June 28.

Tom, his lovely wife and I shared the F cabin from HKG to ORD. He was proudly sporting his new 18 MM jacket.

He told me about the lovely party that was held for him in the Polaris Lounge several days earlier.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
Tom--I hope one day I have the pleasure of meeting you in person. Given my Houston base and routings (mostly to SFO, BOS, LHR and SYD), I am afraid that our paths may not cross in the near future. Your adventures and posts consistently remind us of a number of important lessons: the majority of the folks at UA do a great job and are doing their best--it is an incredible challenge to deal with a couple of hundred customers inside a metal tube at 35,000 feet; commercial air travel is not always a seamless, incident free experience; and, a smile and treating people with politeness, dignity, respect and yes, sometimes a sense of humor (as you would want to be treated) goes a long way towards making the experience more pleasant for every one involved. Rock on to 20 million! Best, BTB ^
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Dear Tom,

May you continue to enjoy life with those who matter the most to you. Thanks for sharing your perspective and your life lessons with us all, including our United family that safely gets us to the most remote corners of the world.

My best,
big V (a fan of Tom, UAL, and FlyerTalk)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
2 Million PQM

Just passed 2 million PQM on a flight from London to Chicago. This has been an amazing summer! Since the day my wife got out of school(teacher) at the end of june ,we have been going non-stop. Hawaii ,Thailand, Florida, an 11 day European cruise, England, Germany, Salt Lake City, Chicago and Long Island so far. We will finish our summer by returning to where it all started....Hawaii to celebrate her birthday before she has to return to teaching. (some of the trips included my 2 sons, my step daughter and my precious grandaughter.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
On a completely different note........ years back I started to reward the Global service team (including drivers,valets and all) to gift cards at Christmas. over time more flyers have joined me to enable us to pool together our resources to provide eveen bigger gift cards! those gift cards are SO appreciated! so far ,we only do this in Chicago, but I would like to extend it to more cities. Each receipient gets a customized Christmas card that includes the names of all the flyers participating. If would like to join us in thanking the global service team, just reach out to me. Thanks and safe journeys.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:00 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Just passed 2 million PQM on a flight from London to Chicago. This has been an amazing summer! Since the day my wife got out of school(teacher) at the end of june ,we have been going non-stop. Hawaii ,Thailand, Florida, an 11 day European cruise, England, Germany, Salt Lake City, Chicago and Long Island so far.
Hi Tom:

Congratulations on reaching your latest milestone! I understand that you and my mom were on the same cruise; small world...

Enjoy your trip to Hawaii and safe travels!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Hi Tom:

Congratulations on reaching your latest milestone! I understand that you and my mom were on the same cruise; small world...

Enjoy your trip to Hawaii and safe travels!
It was my honor to have met your mom. She is a class act all the way and a lot of fun to be with. Please say hi to her from both my wife and I
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 21, 2017 at 2:32 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by oopl
Congrats Tom. Glad that United helped you celebrate in style.

*edit
Julian at TPG has a blogpost about you hitting 18 million.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/06/man...-miles-united/
Oh my gosh, I feel honored that Tom and I both share a love and affinity for the 3-class 67I, and Seat 1K! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one around here who's going to be feeling grief over the loss of this configuration

Originally Posted by The Points Guy
After flying so many miles on United, Stuker is likely the world’s utmost authority when it comes to the airline’s planes and seats. “The three-class 767 is without a doubt my favorite aircraft,” he said, while acknowledging it will soon be phased out in favor of two-cabin Polaris business. His preferred seat on the 767 is 1K, because “typically on an international flight, the pilot [off-duty rest seat] is in 2K with the drapes around him, so 1K feels like a private plane,” he explained. “You’ve got five people in first class so the stewardess gives you plenty of attention.”
Very short snippet I took in 2016 ZRH-IAD I'm going to miss her! She truly was the class of the fleet.

And lastly, Tom, you look like a complete badass in your new jacket. Rock on!

Last edited by tuolumne; Aug 21, 2017 at 7:03 pm
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Oh my gosh, I feel honored that Tom and I both share a love and affinity for the 3-class 67I, and Seat 1K! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one around here who's going to be feeling grief over the loss of this configuration

Very short snippet I took in 2016 ZRH-IAD I'm going to miss her! She truly was the class of the fleet.

Zurich-Dulles - United First Suite - Seat 1K - 3-Class 767-300ER - YouTube

And lastly, Tom, you look like a complete badass in your new jacket. Rock on!
I love this jacket. I was expecting another t- shirt but this was so much nicer. It is so practical. Having 2 planes named after you was an honor, but this is something I can use all the time. United should offer this to global service customers or even people hitting milestones. Love the jacket. Thank you United. On another note , I am surprised that I haven't had any responses to my post about the Global Service Christmas Club.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Just passed 2 million PQM on a flight from London to Chicago. This has been an amazing summer! Since the day my wife got out of school(teacher) at the end of june ,we have been going non-stop. Hawaii ,Thailand, Florida, an 11 day European cruise, England, Germany, Salt Lake City, Chicago and Long Island so far. We will finish our summer by returning to where it all started....Hawaii to celebrate her birthday before she has to return to teaching. (some of the trips included my 2 sons, my step daughter and my precious grandaughter.
Hi Tom! We met you at the Hilton in Antwerp and on the cruise (I'm the Scottish one). Say a big hi to your lovely wife from us!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by jkenn
Hi Tom! We met you at the Hilton in Antwerp and on the cruise (I'm the Scottish one). Say a big hi to your lovely wife from us!
So great to hear from you guys! Darlene and I are celebrating our final summer trip here in Hawaii before she heads back to teaching. Aloha to you and Chester! It was so nice to meet the 2 of you! What a great cruise!!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:57 pm

Going to pass 18,500,000 tomorrow on my flight from SFO to LHR. I was also able to snag 2 first class seats on the "last" 747 flight from SFO to HNL. That should be a gas! A big thanks to my great friend Jason who woke me up at 5 in the morning in Sydney this week to jump on it! Looking forward to meeting up with all the FT'ers that booked a seat!1
Flyloha, jdivenere and GDL like this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:34 pm

I'm starting to embrace social media. My friend suggested I start an Instagram account and post photos from my travels, so I will try to do that moving forward. If you are interested and want to follow along, I'm @ua1flyer

Instagram
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:55 am

Just passed 2,500,000 PQM on a flight to Honolulu. Might have to cancel or reschedule some October trips depending how deep my Cubbies go in the playoffs. I'm ok missing a couple of Bears/Bulls games.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:51 am

Just passed 2,700,000 PQM Friday on my way home from Paris. Great memories and sad memories as well. My wife and I were at the Ritz the same night Princess Diana was killed. She stayed on the floor above us. Seems like only yesterday ,though it was 20 years ago.
Coskigirl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.