Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA ,Qantas ,Southwest
Originally Posted by Baze
(see bolded text) Unless you are a GS, then they care a little.
I read with interest the comments on GS, I may not have 16m air miles , I have around 8m overall around 3.5m with UA. I have lived on 4 continents and worked on all except Antarctica, as a result been in a number of European and Asian elite programs over the years. Been in GS since it's inception and can honestly say I have seen with exception of one or two situations no measurable difference to how I am treated in GS v my regular premium passenger status on my previous airlines.
This is not a gripe just an observation.I have only ever received one truly long haul complimentary up grade in that time and 2 others due to broken seats or major UA F/ups which involved 24 hour delays.
Like all aspects of this business GS has seen it's cutbacks in quality in the past couple of years, loss of personalized re booking during IRROPs and the GS phone line agent quality which was downgraded in the most recent "improvement"
being the most disappointing fro me.

Last edited by rduer; Sep 2, 2015 at 5:04 pm
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
1Million PQM

Looks like the streak stays intact. Passed 1Million PQM coming back from Japan the other day.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Looks like the streak stays intact. Passed 1Million PQM coming back from Japan the other day.
Cutting it close - less than 4 months left in the year!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
With your saying yesterday that the majority of your flying being EWR-ORD-EWR (717 miles each way) I am wondering how you get to 1,000,000 MQM 8 months into the year. I appreciate that you obviously fly a lot of other routes too, but what are your main routings and consistencies ?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Well done, Tom! ^
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
With your saying yesterday that the majority of your flying being EWR-ORD-EWR (717 miles each way) I am wondering how you get to 1,000,000 MQM 8 months into the year. I appreciate that you obviously fly a lot of other routes too, but what are your main routings and consistencies ?
I begin my international trips out of EWR (home) or ORD (office). As far as where to.....everywhere but Antartica.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Hey curious, what flight was it? I just happened to fly NRT-SFO in F on Monday on UA838... that was "the other day"... I know that flight wasn't to either of your home or office cities though... but, were you on my flight? It was a 747 and I almost never fly in 3 class F.. so it would be nearly lottery winning odds if you were on it..
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Awesome! That seriously blows my mind!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Looks like business and life continue most excellently. Good on you, Tom! ^
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA GS
^Congrats once again Tom.

Even more fascinating will be the RDM's you will earn this year under the new rules. I am guessing that you will definitely be north of 10 MM and maybe as much as 15 MM.

Last edited by LAXOGG; Sep 3, 2015 at 6:09 pm
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
^Congrats once again Tom.

Even more fascinating will be the RDM's you will earn this year under the new rules. I am guessing that you will definitely be north of 10 MM and maybe as much as 15 MM.
If he is flying all the time earning them, does he ever redeem them ?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
everywhere but Antartica.
I highly recommend it. We went in March, and it was, by far, the best trip we've ever taken.

Do you think you'll hit 1M BiS this year?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Hey curious, what flight was it? I just happened to fly NRT-SFO in F on Monday on UA838... that was "the other day"... I know that flight wasn't to either of your home or office cities though... but, were you on my flight? It was a 747 and I almost never fly in 3 class F.. so it would be nearly lottery winning odds if you were on it..
I was on the 747 NRT-ORD. Might have seen you in the lounge. Yes it was Monday.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I was on the 747 NRT-ORD. Might have seen you in the lounge. Yes it was Monday.
I came in from SIN and was in the GFL for couple hours. 838 was delayed until about 5:50pm I think on Monday. I left the GFL for a few minutes to buy some Hibiki whisky then I came back..it was nearly empty when I returned and I even commented about that to someone in the food area that it was a nice quiet time to be there...but yes we were probably in the lounge at the same time for awhile. Wish I had known that!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I highly recommend it. We went in March, and it was, by far, the best trip we've ever taken.

Do you think you'll hit 1M BiS this year?
Ditto on that, we went in February and the 3 days cruising off the Antarctic coast was the best part of the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.