Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Congratulations Tom! What are you aiming for at this point? 20 Million?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Mrs. Fredd and I add our congratulations! Wherever your future travels take you we wish you continued friendly skies!

Fredd
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:03 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Hit 15 million tonight on my flight from LAX-SYD. Seems like only yesterday when I hit 10 million. There has been some bumps, but overall...smooth sailing.
Congratulations Tom. I am awaiting the day you reach 20MM, as this will be even more incredible.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Hit 15 million tonight on my flight from LAX-SYD. Seems like only yesterday when I hit 10 million. There has been some bumps, but overall...smooth sailing.
Care to elaborate on the bumps? I would expect (hope) UA has your account somehow flagged for the works. If you are having bumps and bruises we're all screwed.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
I think Tom has big plans - 50MM.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
Did he requal GS????
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by twebst
Did he requal GS????
No need to as Lifetime GS.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:12 am

Whoa, 15 million.
Congrats!
I have high respect for all you mmers, especially for someone who reached 15 million.
I haven't reached even 1 million yet, and I'm already getting tired of airports and flying constantly.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
impressive! congrats!!! as someone who is barely scratching at 250k, definitely am jealous lol
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Congrats! Such a cool achievement!:-:
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
15 Million - WOW! Congrats Tom. 10 Million was just a few years ago; can't believe you added 5 mil in just a couple of years. Yikes - that's a lot of air time. Keep flying & may all your journeys be safe, easy & filled with interesting seatmates & spectacular moments!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Congratulations! 15 MM miles is such an unbelievable number!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:39 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Hi Pat. I think my next goal would be 18 million...God willing.

Originally Posted by wethereyet
Care to elaborate on the bumps? I would expect (hope) UA has your account somehow flagged for the works. If you are having bumps and bruises we're all screwed.
I said bumps not sinkholes.Like any company with 80,000 plus employees,I take that back...8,80, 8000...Does it matter?Some people wake up on the wrong side of bed sometime,might have missed something in the training class or feel beat up,let down or disappointed at the moment. It happens to all of us on given days. Be the better person. Show empathy. Spend more time telling people what they are doing right. We are all human. We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils. Happy New Year from Prague!!

Originally Posted by xkr0p
impressive! congrats!!! as someone who is barely scratching at 250k, definitely am jealous lol
Don#t be jealous. Live in the moment. I enjoy having breakfast in my kitchen with my wife as much as the Pyramids or Taj Mahal. I like walking down the street with her to a movie as much as walking on the beach in Mauui. I like a simple game of cards or bowling with my kids as much as the safarri I took them on. It's not the journey...it's the destination. It#s not getting there...it's being there.

Originally Posted by travelsavant
15 Million - WOW! Congrats Tom. 10 Million was just a few years ago; can't believe you added 5 mil in just a couple of years. Yikes - that's a lot of air time. Keep flying & may all your journeys be safe, easy & filled with interesting seatmates & spectacular moments!
It's not 15 million BIS: I got a 2 million plus bump when they combined the 2 programs. It's actually 12 million plus BIS. But 4 million BIS in the last 5 years has been alot. No doubt interesting seatmates, everything from rock stars to world famous doctors, CEO's, designers,athletes etc. Moments........I could fill 100 scrap books!! Most of the pages filled with the trips I have taken with my wife, family and friends.

Originally Posted by blueman2
Wow, Amazing! I assume that includes the uplift UA did at the merger? I am curious how many true BIS that is. I know the 10M was all BIS since before the merger, right?
12 million plus BIS:

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 27, 2013 at 3:28 am Reason: merge
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Safe travels Tom...enjoying that cup of coffee with the SWMBO as I write...
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:44 am

Congratulation UA1Flyer !

I'd like to hear your reaction to the recent changes in UA MP from the award devaluations, removing online SQ availability , PQD and other changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.