Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by Fredd
That's a lot of flying by anybody's standards, with the possible exception of astronauts.
Even astronauts don't fly a million miles in one year -- a million miles is two round-trips to the moon.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Fredd
For some reason or other Tom seems to get good treatment from UA - must be luck or something.
Must be
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I am confused. Hasn't ua1flyer done this several times already? The year end EQM rankings have had him above 1 MM for the past few years IIRC. Or is this the first time he has done 1MM in a year on United and United Express *alone*?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vnatraj
I am confused. Hasn't ua1flyer done this several times already? The year end EQM rankings have had him above 1 MM for the past few years IIRC. Or is this the first time he has done 1MM in a year on United and United Express *alone*?
While he may have surpassed 1MM EQM in a one year before, I believe this is his first time achieving 1MM BIS in one year.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by vnatraj
This accomplishment is for 1MM BIS miles not EQMS.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by trainman74
Even astronauts don't fly a million miles in one year -- a million miles is two round-trips to the moon.
Depends...

ISS
It travels at an average speed of 27,724 kilometres (17,227 mi) per hour, and completes 15.7 orbits per day.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Remarkable achievement, but when I told the FA DYKWIA she gave me Toms' meal in FC last night....

(Seriously - congratulations Tom)
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Congratulations, Tom!!

Congratulations, Tom!! Amazing feat. Seriously, you must have been on the road 90%+ this year in order to achieve this. Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you do not repeat this achievement next year!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA GS
And they said it couldn't be done

Tom.....let me also chime in here. A truly remarkable accomplishment. It has been a privilege to fly with you over the years and to have a chance to share dinner with our understanding spouses.........Hopefully I will get my 1/2 mil next year. After seeing what you went through this year, there is no way that I would even think about a full mil!

Are you still asleep after crossing the finish line on 12/6?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Congrats Tom ^^
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Doesn't seem to match most people who have flown UA post 3/3...
....that post in this forum.

What sampling are you using for this?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by xzh445
....that post in this forum.
Not just FT... A lot of people have been affected by the problems from the past several months.

Originally Posted by xzh445
What sampling are you using for this?
Let's not forget all of the media that UA got about the move to SHARES, and the subsequent computer failures and other IT blunders..

But let's not try to divert the point of this thread too much..

Congrats, Tom ^
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueman2
Congratulations, Tom!! Amazing feat. Seriously, you must have been on the road 90%+ this year in order to achieve this. Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you do not repeat this achievement next year!
It is a remarkable "achievement" and, I would think, could not be beat except by somebody who was INTENTIONALLY trying to fly as much as possible. It's more than a roundtrip transpac flight a week -- from the USA East Coast! It's just hard for me to imagine a business or leisure reason to travel more than that (courier?). And you'd have to be putting all your miles on one airline.

But what do I know, I'm just a 1K.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Tom.....let me also chime in here. A truly remarkable accomplishment. It has been a privilege to fly with you over the years and to have a chance to share dinner with our understanding spouses.........Hopefully I will get my 1/2 mil next year. After seeing what you went through this year, there is no way that I would even think about a full mil!

Are you still asleep after crossing the finish line on 12/6?
Rob, Merry Christmas to you and Nancy. I was hoping to cross the finish line with you. This was it. I shot the wad. Never again this many BIS. 700K maybe but not a million! Lol! Look forward to catching up with you in the new year. Don't forget to catch my show Car Lot Rescue on Spike coming out Feb 10th. Talk to you soon!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
impressive. does he use flightmemory by chance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.