ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 8, 19, 1:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jdivenere
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 11, 11, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold and Silver Wings, AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
We would have loved to join in and to meet you in person, but Mrs. Fredd and I extend our congratulations to you in the meantime and hope perhaps to meet you down the road. ^
Old Jul 11, 11, 11:31 am

Congrats Tom, my wife saw a story about this over the weekend and she asked me if I had any thoughts of doing something like this that she might commit me. Hope your next 10MM goes smoothly.
Old Jul 11, 11, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
congrats Tom! Hopefully one day I'll reach my goal of just a mere million!

btw, are there any pilots/FAs who've kept track of how many miles they've flown in their careers? It'd be interesting to see...every FA I've asked have remarked that they really don't want to know how many they've flown saying that it's way too much...
Old Jul 11, 11, 11:51 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
What an event! The RCC party was wonderful, Tom's generosity of spirit shined throughout, United did him proud with gifts & personal acknowledgements, & the Hyatt after-party was great! Loved seeing old friends, making new ones & especially sharing with Tom & his family this amazing milestone. Can't wait to see Tim's video!
Old Jul 11, 11, 1:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
I was fortunate to be in attendance & yes, it really was a fantastic party & celebration. I posted my videos of the event on my blog today:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...ration-part-2/
Old Jul 11, 11, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Impressive, congrats! Would have loved to have been there!
Old Jul 11, 11, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, OW Ruby
10 million miler with Titanium MP card

Sorry if this has been posted before...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/07/11...ss_igoogle_cnn
Old Jul 13, 11, 4:31 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Marriott Silver; United PremExec; DL&Skybonus; Amtrak Select+
man - i saw this news elsewhere and only until now managed to find this thread here on FT.

still in awe.
Old Jul 13, 11, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...2-lax-ord.html
Old Jul 13, 11, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Absolutely Brilliant !!! Congratulations on a wonderful milestone Tom and ^^ to UA for doing such a great job.
Old Jul 14, 11, 12:21 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Silver/Hyatt Platinum
Thumbs up

Congrats on the milestone Tom!
Old Jul 14, 11, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K
I wouldn't want to intrude on Tom's privacy, but this is uncharted territory, and I am curious about a few things.

First, the articles (presumably for journalistic purposes) touted how he'd always get upgraded for life. Is this just an uninformed way of saying that as a GS (and maybe there's tiers of GS) he'd likely get upgrades, or is it more literally that whenever he books a flight, he gets put up front no matter what, regardless of upgrade inventory? In other words, are we ever going to see "STU/T" on the upgrade monitors? (perhaps in a different color to mean "forget it, you're not getting past me" )

Second, the articles mention after flying 10M miles, he has 50M FF miles (and presumably he's spent some over the years). Even with elite and cabin bonuses, I'm unsure how you get that high. Do GS get a higher elite bonus (200% 300%?). Is this just a lifetime of Elite Choice Awards or lucky use of double/triple miles offers? Does Tom buy Award Accelerator?
Old Jul 14, 11, 11:57 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Silver/Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff View Post
Second, the articles mention after flying 10M miles, he has 50M FF miles (and presumably he's spent some over the years). Even with elite and cabin bonuses, I'm unsure how you get that high. Do GS get a higher elite bonus (200% 300%?). Is this just a lifetime of Elite Choice Awards or lucky use of double/triple miles offers? Does Tom buy Award Accelerator?
Don't forget if he has a Mileage Plus CC and purchases most, if not all of those 10 million miles worth of flights/hotels/cars/meals with it, he's likely got plenty of miles from that as well.
Old Jul 14, 11, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by visorboy1974 View Post
Don't forget if he has a Mileage Plus CC and purchases most, if not all of those 10 million miles worth of flights/hotels/cars/meals with it, he's likely got plenty of miles from that as well.
Ah, good point, I overlooked that.
Old Jul 14, 11, 1:08 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 21million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff View Post
I wouldn't want to intrude on Tom's privacy, but this is uncharted territory, and I am curious about a few things.

First, the articles (presumably for journalistic purposes) touted how he'd always get upgraded for life. Is this just an uninformed way of saying that as a GS (and maybe there's tiers of GS) he'd likely get upgrades, or is it more literally that whenever he books a flight, he gets put up front no matter what, regardless of upgrade inventory? In other words, are we ever going to see "STU/T" on the upgrade monitors? (perhaps in a different color to mean "forget it, you're not getting past me" )

Toatal frequent flyer miles were form all airlines combined...plus credit card,hotel etc bonus miles.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 14, 11 at 4:01 pm Reason: merge

Search this Thread
Search Engine: