Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Greetings from Hong Kong (2:45 am)! I appreciate all the nice words and hope to celebrate the big day with you! I still plan to make the trip MEL-SYD-LAX-ORD-EWR. That would be my first choice. I would also like it to be on a Friday or Saturday. As far as a doo....it could only be in Chicago..my hometown...the home of United and the soon to be world champion Bulls!
Old May 16, 2011, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Greetings from Hong Kong (2:45 am)! I appreciate all the nice words and hope to celebrate the big day with you! I still plan to make the trip MEL-SYD-LAX-ORD-EWR. That would be my first choice. I would also like it to be on a Friday or Saturday. As far as a doo....it could only be in Chicago..my hometown...the home of United and the soon to be world champion Bulls!
You know, SFO vs LAX could work for a personal touch and a photo-op )
Old May 16, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by DELee
(From 05/14/11 & 06/09/10):

Depending on ua1flyer's schedule, perhaps a UA hub-to-hub flight might be in order. Clearly the cheapest pairs are LAX-SFO, LAX-DEN and SFO-DEN but ORD-DEN might fit the bill. It would be even cooler if someone like aluminumdriver or freshairborne would helm the flight and we could go through fastair's gate!

David
How about Captain Denny? We could pack a UA 767 on LAX-ORD, just like FlyerTalk 1

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Something tells me that this is would never happen.
+1..

Originally Posted by goalie
Who's the photo op for?

Old May 16, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by goalie
I see you teasing me with that chocolate one! But you're going to have to bring them down to LAX!
Old May 17, 2011, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Flight and/or Do's: UA 840 (LAX-ORD) & RCCs'

I appreciate all the nice words and hope to celebrate the big day with you! I still plan to make the trip MEL-SYD-LAX-ORD-EWR. That would be my first choice. I would also like it to be on a Friday or Saturday. As far as a doo....it could only be in Chicago..my hometown...the home of United and the soon to be world champion Bulls!
ua1flyer: We'll be there when you're coming in - and any others who join you on the MEL-SYD-LAX legs. For those of us who are on this side of the Pacific, just let us know which Friday or Saturday will be the eventful flight day and the UA 840 LAX-ORD flight will get plenty of company as well as the RCCs' at both stations will have FT members to greet and welcome you. If you're continuing on to EWR, there will likely be others to join you on the ORD-EWR leg.

David
Old May 17, 2011, 9:54 pm

With about93K to go, I am thinkig July at the latest maybe even June. I will know more in about 2 weeks. I am also thinking about doing the Austalia leg on Friday..Have a party in LA Friday night...fly to chicago and maybe party there on Saturday night...and move on to newark Sunday.What do you think? This way the saturday fares would make it more affordable for more people and provide more upgrades to first!
Old May 17, 2011, 10:54 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
With about93K to go, I am thinkig July at the latest maybe even June. I will know more in about 2 weeks. I am also thinking about doing the Austalia leg on Friday..Have a party in LA Friday night...fly to chicago and maybe party there on Saturday night...and move on to newark Sunday.What do you think? This way the saturday fares would make it more affordable for more people and provide more upgrades to first!
I'm in LA so this works splendidly. Two parties, two cities, two nights. I like the way you roll!
Old May 18, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 Star
Drag..I was hoping you'd hit the 10 million mile mark while I was traveling to from SYD in Jul/Aug. Congrats on the milestone.^
Old May 29, 2011, 5:57 pm

70K to go! How does the second weekend in July sound?
Old May 29, 2011, 7:07 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Time for me to start looking for packing material.....
Old May 29, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
That could work. I'm back in the states during that time and will be in chicago and la during your times maybe able to join you for some of that time.

I think you can plan the party dates in advance and if you have a last second trip and happen to cross your threshold before so be it. At least some of us can help you celebrate your achievevment regardless of what day it actually happened on.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:23 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

We should invite the GS staff at ORD. They "luv" you...
Old May 30, 2011, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
We should invite the GS staff at ORD. They "luv" you...
Could't celebrate in Chicago without the Global staff that were there every mile along the way. 30 to 35 of United's best! I will know the exact dates by the end of this week.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Could't celebrate in Chicago without the Global staff that were there every mile along the way. 30 to 35 of United's best! I will know the exact dates by the end of this week.
Cool. I hope you do it in a wide body, preferably 3 class, and UA keeps it as NC9/NF9 to give FTers maximum chance to join you.

Congratulations. This milestone reflects a level of success in your personal and business lives that most of us can only dream of. Enjoy.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Congrats UA1Flyer on this remarkable Mile Marker! Was a pleasure meeting you at the SFO DO & would really love to be there for the Friday festivities @LAX plus Sat fun @ORD. Is the target weekend July 8, 9 & 10th? Naturally, the DEQM for SFO-LAX-ORD flights would just be another bonus to a great celebratory weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.