Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bniu
john travolta takes it a step further, he has his own jet. With money being no object, private jets are the way to go, the plane follows your schedule, if you show up late, the plane waits for you, the plane leaves right after you board, no better way to travel...
And you don't have to deal with the bull crap from the TSA.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
The FT awards and some sort of special weekend activity are being planned for NYC on Apr 27 - through that weekend.

Any chance of ending up there for that? It would be great if we could all tie into those activities, since they will include another special guest.

-David
I would love to, but I will likely only be in the 9.8 range at that time. But tell me more about the do in April. I have a home just outside NYC and would love to go.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ua1flyer
I would love to, but I will likely only be in the 9.8 range at that time. But tell me more about the do in April. I have a home just outside NYC and would love to go.
Keep an eye on the Community Buzz forum where it will be announced. It would be great if you can make it.

I think the dates for the FT awards are the only part of it that's been announced so far, but only as posts in other threads, as far as I know.

-David
Old Dec 27, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by eightblack
Given that I grew up in Melbourne - I insist on being there. Please let us know the flight details when you get nearer to knowing actual dates.

You should have at least, a couple of token Aussies along for the ride...
Wouldn't do it without starting the celebration with my Aussie mates! And of course the stop in Sydney will have to include my dear friend Annie!

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
And you don't have to deal with the bull crap from the TSA.
Great idea but it has to be on United Metal.

Originally Posted by BigBossman
All I can say is, "Wow!"

10 million miles and over 1.4 million miles in 2010!!

Do you even bother paying for a house or apartment?!?!
I have 2 homes. One outside of Chicago and one outside of NYC. I haven't spent more than a week in either one of them for over 15 years.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 27, 2010 at 3:38 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
As another Melbourne boy (and a fan of Kramer), I have only one thing to say:

"I'm in!!!"

Lurker
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Someone's been reading this thread (or got in touch directly with Tom):
http://blogs.reuters.com/prism-money...h-think-again/
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Someone's been reading this thread (or got in touch directly with Tom):
http://blogs.reuters.com/prism-money...h-think-again/
Aha! This might explain why our December 2009 post about Tom, this thread, and FT on our own modest travel blog has generated so many hits, or it may be just a spillover of the general interest in Tom's amazing feats of flying.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 6:01 am

Some crazy friends and FTers are even wanting to ride along for the 24 hour party.
I just read the rest of this thread and think the 10MM celebration would be a wonderful idea! I would love to join. Does this make me crazy, or just a FTer, albeit a new one. After a bit more thought, maybe al FTers are a bit crazy.

Congratulations UA1flyer as the date nears!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:01 pm

Will hit 9.7 million tomorrow. 300k to go. Aiming for August but it might be tight.I am hoping to do it on a MEL- EWR trip.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Will hit 9.7 million tomorrow. 300k to go. Aiming for August but it might be tight.I am hoping to do it on a MEL- EWR trip.
^

Nice to meet you last month. Looking forward to a party on-board one of your flights! Now I wonder how many FTers will be in the F/C cabin on that flight
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like our 9MM GS was quoted on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/03/04...ex.html?hpt=T2

(CNN) -- Tom Stuker jokes that his home is "in Row One in a nice, big plane."

The 57-year-old car dealership consultant is a mega-frequent flier who has racked up 9.7 million miles during 5,000 flights over the past three decades -- and he's got the stories to prove it.

"I've experienced aborted takeoffs, aborted landings, near misses and passenger deaths on three different flights.".. Read more
Old Mar 4, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
I don't suppose you have a flightmemory account?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by tex1899
I don't suppose you have a flightmemory account?
Would love to use it. How do I go about establishing an account?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:03 pm

Would love to use it. How do I go about establishing an account?
ua1flyer, sign up here

http://www.flightmemory.com/

But it a pain to enter flights manually, at least that the only way I know how.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also look at open flights. I find it more user friendly.\

openflights.org

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.