Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Congrate

Congratulation on 9 MM, it seem not enough time for taking vacation once a month
Old Mar 30, 2010, 6:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by karung99
Congratulation on 9 MM, it seem not enough time for taking vacation once a month
some are just a few days or a long weekend.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Life is to short so I now work to live, not live to work.
Isn't that the truth!! Years ago it was the opposite when I was a young whippersnapper. I retired for two years and went back last year because I like to travel (on someone else's dime), although I made 1K for two years with DEQM and trips over the Pacific when I wasn't working. When I dislike what I do, I am done. I work to enjoy, take my wife at times, and as long as I make 1K and SPG Plat I am happy.

Truly an older persons perspective that makes sense, and I am only a young guy at 52 with hair, allbeit some white and missing hair. .
Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:12 am

Congratulations ua1flyer! I just saw your Nightline story, what an incredible accomplishment.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:20 am

Congratulations.

I hope that you cross the 10million mark with flying colours!!!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by imm2b
Congratulations ua1flyer! I just saw your Nightline story, what an incredible accomplishment.
Was there another Nightline story, or did you see the one from a few months ago?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Was there another Nightline story, or did you see the one from a few months ago?
Sorry, this was the same story a few months back. I came across it today by accident and google his name on FT and found this thread.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by imm2b
Sorry, this was the same story a few months back. I came across it today by accident and google his name on FT and found this thread.
No problem, just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss a new story!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
OK I have an idea........ If possible I think it would be cool for other FTer's to join Tom on his flight when he crosses 10mm. I for certain would love to be on it. I can't imagine there are too many people in the world who have 10mm of recorded bis miles on one airline and for us travel savvy it would have special meaning.

Kind of like when an athlete breaks an all time milestone we know what 10mm bis miles means, and we hold it with a similar reverence.

I remember generally predicting when Tom would cross the 10mm threshold and it was sometime in the Fall of 2011. This is if he maintains his current pace.

What do you say FTer's? I'm sure UA would love this idea as well. An in the air FT DO on UA with Tom crossing 10mm bis miles?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
OK I have an idea........ If possible I think it would be cool for other FTer's to join Tom on his flight when he crosses 10mm. I for certain would love to be on it. I can't imagine there are too many people in the world who have 10mm of recorded bis miles on one airline and for us travel savvy it would have special meaning.

Kind of like when an athlete breaks an all time milestone we know what 10mm bis miles means, and we hold it with a similar reverence.

I remember generally predicting when Tom would cross the 10mm threshold and it was sometime in the Fall of 2011. This is if he maintains his current pace.

What do you say FTer's? I'm sure UA would love this idea as well. An in the air FT DO on UA with Tom crossing 10mm bis miles?
I think that would be a really interesting trip to go on! Especially if it was an international trip!!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K MM, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
I think it's a great DO idea!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kents
I think it's a great DO idea!
If it was international, we could fill the C cabin with FTers! That would be a great flight!!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:37 pm

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
Very cool idea (assuming ua1flyer doesn't mind, of course)!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum/2MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
If it was international, we could fill the C cabin with FTers! That would be a great flight!!
Great idea. But with so many FTers, who gets/ who misses upgrade?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Downdog
Great idea. But with so many FTers, who gets/ who misses upgrade?
The best way to mitigate that is to do it on an old config 777.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.