Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
Australia is gonna be open NOV 1, fingers crossed , I’ve booked the outbound but can leave a car at the airport if you are inbound for Bailey’s Day! Cheers mate
I thought baileys day was postponed until March? Is it still in December? Also , I’m booking Australia flights this weekend I hope, can’t wait to see you guys.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Doing my first-cruise ever with my wife next week in.... Greece! NCL Jade. I'd vowed to never go on a cruise; have always thought of them as floating virus factories. But with Covid, seems like all the stuff the cruise lines have done (100% vaccinated passengers and crew plus mask requirements for cruises in Europe) this is probably the safest time to go.

Closing in on 23 million miles.... wow. If I'm lucky I'll make it to 1 million before I die. 65 years old now and 200k more to go. :-)
book your “specialty restaurants early, they fill up fast!!!
Old Oct 21, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA GS
Tom. Good to see you back. Any progress on the book?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hey Tom, I appreciate you continuing to update us on this forum... you are definitely the closest thing to a living legend.

Thanks! Looking forward to the book.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Doing my first-cruise ever with my wife next week in.... Greece! NCL Jade. I'd vowed to never go on a cruise; have always thought of them as floating virus factories. But with Covid, seems like all the stuff the cruise lines have done (100% vaccinated passengers and crew plus mask requirements for cruises in Europe) this is probably the safest time to go. )
slightly OT, but how are you going to deal with these crap tunturi-style bikes for a week?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/...ter--v17571798
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Simply by his FT handle, ua1flyer _is_ a living legend.

David
tcdtcd and ricktassie like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:38 pm

I wish travel would revert to normal, firstly because I want to travel and secondly because I miss seeing ua1flyer hit ridiculous milestones every 9 months to a year.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by porciuscato
slightly OT, but how are you going to deal with these crap tunturi-style bikes for a week?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/...ter--v17571798
Thanks for the warning. I'll be skipping the trip to the gym if that's what they've got. YUCK. I hate indoor trainers in general, and if it's a "dumb" trainer to boot... no way. I'm one of those crazy people that's riding outside in crazy rain & wind.

Originally Posted by ua1flyer
book your “specialty restaurants early, they fill up fast!!!
Thankfully, I'm in an Aft Penthouse Suite. Not part of the "Haven" but still has concierge and butler services, so I was able to get reservations for Cagneys and LeBistro ahead of time. Otherwise everything is presently "no advance booking" allowed. This, for me, is a bucket-list break-the-bank trip, but what the heck, married 41 years, been through some rough times recently, time to go big or go home. :-) My wife has no idea how nice the room will be. She's thinking it will have an "ocean view" by pulling up the carpet and looking through a window down into the ocean. At best she's thinking it's probably a room right at the waterline, with waves splashing up against the window. Either of those two options would actually be pretty cool! For me. Not for her. I also did something really rare and paid for biz on the way out. Not upgrade, just paid outright. On the way back, we'll be in premium economy and that's OK. Should have lots of great memories from this trip.

Thanks for chiming in!
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:46 am

Just passed 22,250,000 yesterday flying home from Hawaii. Only gives me 200,000 BIS for the year. I have a bunch of flights before the end of the year and I’ll probably just hit 300,000 BIS, my lowest total in 33 years! I really doubt I will ever fly a million miles a year again ( 6 times was enough) , but I really want to hit 23 million by the end of 2022.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Tom,
It will be very interesting to see your thoughts and perspectives on the state of travel these days - I would be very interested in your objective assessments

-m
Old Oct 26, 2021, 12:20 pm

Tom has to be BY FAR the most frequent flier not only in UA but any program... I wonder who is 2nd?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'd vowed to never go on a cruise; have always thought of them as floating virus factories.
We just finished a 14-day transatlantic on the Celebrity Apex. The ship was probably the single safest place on the planet with everyone but one person (who was under 12) fully vaccinated and multiple tests required.
Mike Jacoubowsky and SKYEG like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
We just finished a 14-day transatlantic on the Celebrity Apex. The ship was probably the single safest place on the planet with everyone but one person (who was under 12) fully vaccinated and multiple tests required.
Excellent news...

Makes me wonder if Tom has ever gone on any cruises? Would take too much time away from the air I suppose?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Makes me wonder if Tom has ever gone on any cruises?
Uh, see ua1flyer 's post from August in this same thread:

Writing this on Seabourn Ovation off the coast of Greece today. This is the second of 3 cruises this summer. Other trips included are/ were, 2 Hawaii, Florida, The Atlantis in the Bahamas , 3 trips to Vegas, Milwaukee, And 2 trips to Chicago. Very busy summer. I am only at 22 million on United, probably will hit 23 late next year. (1 million plus on other airlines) can’t wait for more international flights to open up , especially Australia. Really wish everyone would get vaccinated. Too many people dying unnecessarily.
David
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
I thought baileys day was postponed until March? Is it still in December? Also , I’m booking Australia flights this weekend I hope, can’t wait to see you guys.
I missed the Bailey’s day planning dinner yesterday, so we will have to get patty to update everyone! I’m sure they had some ridiculous discussions with Johnny

cheers mate, get here soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.