Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Can you include the time you hitched a ride on the UA Star MegaDo charter flight?
Pat89339 and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 25, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Mike, great idea on the comparison etc to the movie. I could discuss the difference between my life and the life of the Character as well as the travel in the movie as compared to the realities. As far as knowing how important family , I've always known since I was a kid.Being a better father, husband, friend, sibling ,etc is a lifelong work in progress. I 'm getting better, but still working on it. As far as balancing travel and "home life", it is more about the quality of the time in your relationships than the quantity. The obvious goal is to spend as much quality time as possible with the ones you love.
Tom, you have missed the last 12 Steak Bank dinners, you need to "balance" this out better, miss ya mate!
Old May 25, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Tom,
You have been missed - what have you been unto recently - and what are your plans for the future - specifically flying again?

-michael
Old May 26, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
I feel great.I try to keep my calories to about 1500 a day and I walk like crazy....800,000 steps in may/400 miles plus....over 1 million steps in August/500 miles plus.!
Congrats on the weight loss… but is the step count correct? Walking a million steps in a month would mean approximately FIVE-SIX hours of walking each and EVERY day??? Impressive if this is the case!
Old May 26, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Are you going to include a chapter in your book on "Mr. Pillows?"
cricketer, Xyzzy and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
Tom, you have missed the last 12 Steak Bank dinners, you need to "balance" this out better, miss ya mate!
Jimmie,It’s been over 14 months since I’ve been back to Australia! The last time I went that long without going to Australia was in 1983!!! Hope all is well Jim. I hear you might not be letting Americans in until 2022! I would hate to miss Baileys day this December!

Originally Posted by mfirst
Tom,
You have been missed - what have you been unto recently - and what are your plans for the future - specifically flying again?

-michael
about 50 flights so far this year.Sometime next month I’ll hit 100,000 BIS for the year. Mexico the only international destination so far this year. I need almost 900,000 more to hit 23 million . That MIGHT happen at the end of 22. Very busy summer 3or 4 Hawaiian trips/Florida/Greece/ Bahamas/ Caribbean/ Mexico/ Vegas/ Michigan/ Chicago/ Wisconsin LA so far. I miss flying! I miss the international trips! I miss the Polaris lounge! Safe travels to you and enjoy your summer where ever you will be!

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Are you going to include a chapter in your book on "Mr. Pillows?"
I know this man. He is a good person. He respects his privacy and I respect him. So, probably not.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 27, 2021 at 10:26 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old May 27, 2021, 9:53 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
I miss the international trips! I miss the Polaris lounge!
Don't even get me going...
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Dyce
Congrats on the weight loss… but is the step count correct? Walking a million steps in a month would mean approximately FIVE-SIX hours of walking each and EVERY day??? Impressive if this is the case!
apparently I have a thing for million milestones. Yes I walked over a million steps 2 different months last year! And yes it was about 6 hours a day. I would break into 3 to 4 walks usually. I loved it. Got my AirPods on and talked to everybody! Some business, mostly personal calls. Also became a “Pandora” guy as well. Sometimes I would work on projects by talk-text. I am traveling now much more and am involved in more business again,so 1 million a month is very unlikely again. However, I would like to average 10 miles a day for the next several months . Spoiler alert.... it’s more about the diet!
Old May 27, 2021, 11:47 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Tom, it was a pleasure meeting you on the recent MBS-ORD flight!

…I recognized him from the 20MM jacket! Well done!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Tom, it was a pleasure meeting you on the recent MBS-ORD flight!

…I recognized him from the 20MM jacket! Well done!
great meeting you as well! I’ll be doing a couple more of those flights this year, maybe I’ll run in to you again. Love that they finally have a first class on that route! Safe travels and have a great weekend!
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:20 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
great meeting you as well! I’ll be doing a couple more of those flights this year, maybe I’ll run in to you again. Love that they finally have a first class on that route! Safe travels and have a great weekend!
Right?

I knew you traveled it somewhat frequently, and I was going to ask you if you had anything to do with the -550s being on the route for a while now! I figured that might be something UA would do for you!

Likewise to you, kind sir!
BThumme likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:34 am

Tom, hope you're staying safe. Just listened to a podcast interview you did, the "23 Million Mile Man". Congrats on yet another milestone and time to update that FT profile (it still says 21mn )
Old Aug 15, 2021, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by CX HK
Tom, hope you're staying safe. Just listened to a podcast interview you did, the "23 Million Mile Man". Congrats on yet another milestone and time to update that FT profile (it still says 21mn )

Writing this on Seabourn Ovation off the coast of Greece today. This is the second of 3 cruises this summer. Other trips included are/ were, 2 Hawaii, Florida, The Atlantis in the Bahamas , 3 trips to Vegas, Milwaukee, And 2 trips to Chicago. Very busy summer. I am only at 22 million on United, probably will hit 23 late next year. (1 million plus on other airlines) can’t wait for more international flights to open up , especially Australia. Really wish everyone would get vaccinated. Too many people dying unnecessarily.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Aug 15, 2021 at 9:10 am Reason: Repair quote.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Australia is gonna be open NOV 1, fingers crossed , I’ve booked the outbound but can leave a car at the airport if you are inbound for Bailey’s Day! Cheers mate
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since

Writing this on Seabourn Ovation off the coast of Greece today. This is the second of 3 cruises this summer. Other trips included are/ were, 2 Hawaii, Florida, The Atlantis in the Bahamas , 3 trips to Vegas, Milwaukee, And 2 trips to Chicago. Very busy summer. I am only at 22 million on United, probably will hit 23 late next year. (1 million plus on other airlines) can’t wait for more international flights to open up , especially Australia. Really wish everyone would get vaccinated. Too many people dying unnecessarily.
Doing my first-cruise ever with my wife next week in.... Greece! NCL Jade. I'd vowed to never go on a cruise; have always thought of them as floating virus factories. But with Covid, seems like all the stuff the cruise lines have done (100% vaccinated passengers and crew plus mask requirements for cruises in Europe) this is probably the safest time to go.

Closing in on 23 million miles.... wow. If I'm lucky I'll make it to 1 million before I die. 65 years old now and 200k more to go. :-)
kirkwoodj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.