Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi fare to Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Taxi fare to Heathrow

I'm going to be visiting a friend next month and unfortunately, need to find my own way back to the airport. I'm contemplating the best way to get from Tonbridge to Heathrow for an 08:30 flight.... anyone have a rough idea what taxi fare would be? Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:51 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
You should get an idea here.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Perfect, thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Use a local mini-cab firm, it will be cheaper.

Alternatively, the Heathrow hotels are generally about £40 at the moment (eg HI Aerial) so taking the train the night before and stopping over might be less stressful.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:37 am

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM); BD *G; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
Use a local mini-cab firm, it will be cheaper.

Alternatively, the Heathrow hotels are generally about £40 at the moment (eg HI Aerial) so taking the train the night before and stopping over might be less stressful.
Add 8 quid for the Hotel Hoppa, or less if you can get creative with the local buses. (An example coming form Central London would be the Piccadilly Line to Hounslow West, then the 222 to Uxbridge, which would pass the Premier Inn, Sheraton Skyline, Holiday Inn M4J4, and a few others I can't remember).
Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
I'll second the minicab suggestion - I've had very reasonable rates from a buddy of mine's house in N16 to LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.