Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

The Ongoing Heathrow Express Promotional Fare Discussion

The Ongoing Heathrow Express Promotional Fare Discussion

Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:45 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Online tickets are valid for 6 months (with a 1 month limit after first use for return tickets). Standard price tickets can easily be bought at the stations, and are valid for 3 days after purchase.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:26 am

thanks Stut, I appreciate that! Hope you are having a safe and lovely holiday with Mrs. Stut and that you both are well!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:38 am

Anyone have any luck finding any discount codes for the new year? I am looking to purchase 2 tix for my trip in 2 weeks but haven't had any luck finding current codes that work. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by Frank9881
Anyone have any luck finding any discount codes for the new year? I am looking to purchase 2 tix for my trip in 2 weeks but haven't had any luck finding current codes that work. Thanks!
https://www.heathrowexpress.com/amex

"Simply complete your details and you will then be able to book your 15% discounted Express Class or First Class single and return Heathrow Express tickets.

Offer valid for bookings and travel between 1 January and 31 March 2012."
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold
Thanks SFO_Runner, I just booked two Heathrow Express tickets for next week using my Amex card and it worked great!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:47 am
me2

Programs: BA SPG Gold
HEATHROW EXPRESS - Kids Go Free This Easter

Heathrow Express is offering free travel for every child accompanied by a full fare paying adult this Easter.

The offer applies to the following dates:

Easter Break – kids go free Monday to Sunday from 30th March to 15th April 2012 - Everyday.

To book, simply choose a minimum of 1 adult & 1 child travelling on one of the applicable dates.

This offer is valid for Express Class and First Class single or return tickets purchased online between 14th March & 15th April for applicable dates. The offer will also be available from our Mobile Sales Advisors for travel from 30th March to 15th April, 2012. This offer is not available at Heathrow Express’s ticket offices at Paddington station and Heathrow airport terminals.

https://www.heathrowexpress.com/kids...omocode=KIDSGO

promo code KIDSGO

ADVANCE BOOKING NEEDED
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
But why use the Heathrow Express?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
But why use the Heathrow Express?
Are you saying that it's never a good deal, no matter the price? Or are there more convenient options?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Are you saying that it's never a good deal, no matter the price? Or are there more convenient options?
Obviously it depends where you're going!

It is, by far, the most comfy rail option into London and, by a bit, the fastest. It is, by a lot, the most expensive.

Tube is 75% cheaper but slow, rickety, possibly no seat. It may of course get you closest to wherever you go.

The Heathrow Connect rail service is the slower version of the HEx and cheaper, still drops you at Paddington.

All depends on your relative time and money concerns.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Obviously it depends where you're going!
Well, that's kind of why I asked

There seem to be many long discussions in various threads for Tube vs. Express vs. Connect.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any codes currently for heathrow connect????
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Keyser
any codes currently for heathrow connect????
I don't think there tends to be any; it's cheap enough as it is!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stifle
I don't think there tends to be any; it's cheap enough as it is!
agreed....but when you are buying 7 tickets then any discount would help....
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:10 am

There's something called the Network Railcard, which gives a third off most rail fares in the south east of England for the holder and up to three accompanying adults and four accompanying children, though only after 10am on weekdays (and furthermore, on weekdays there's a minimum fare of £13). It costs £28 and is valid for a year - it's supposed to only be used by the named holder (the coverage map is here).

The Network Rail discount applies to fares on both Heathrow Connect and Heathrow Express - it would reduce the cost of an adult return on Connect from £17.80 to £13 on weekdays (or £11.75 if both the out and return journeys are made during the weekend or on a public holiday).

However buying a Network Railcard if you're arriving from outside Britain is likely to be an issue, as I'm almost certain that the Heathrow Express/Connect ticket offices at LHR don't sell them. Railcards can be bought from any 'normal' National Rail station ticket office, but alas the Heathrow ticket offices are an exception as they don't count as 'normal' in this regard. A few train companies do still have telesales lines which can I think sell Network Railcards, but I rather doubt they'll dispatch orders to non-UK addresses.

If you want to save a bit of money, I'd suggest just taking the Tube - it's really not that big an ordeal. (Non-Oyster fare is £5.30, Oyster fare is £4.80 or £2.90 depending on time of day - all Tube fares are singles.)
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mizter T
If you want to save a bit of money, I'd suggest just taking the Tube - it's really not that big an ordeal. (Non-Oyster fare is £5.30, Oyster fare is £4.80 or £2.90 depending on time of day - all Tube fares are singles.)
that's what i normally do....i don't mind the extra time in the tube....if there is no discount for the heathrow connect then the tube makes sense....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.