Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ongoing Heathrow Express Promotional Fare Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by mauld
I'll be flying VS UC (on a reward tix) and assume that their offer of HEX F is only for paying passengers ? Looking at the responses here it appears HEX often has discounted rates, unfortunately none showing currently. My other option would be the tube-- I have an Oyster Card, but haven't used it in over 3 years, will it still be valid (doesn't say anything about expiration). I'll be at the Hyatt Churchill (Portman Sq), what would be the easiest trip via tube? I arrive at 7:30am on a Sat, and am not in any hurry, as I assume my room will not be ready that early, also I will only have a small carry on and am travelling solo. Any suggestions ??
Incidentally, if you do decide that the HEX would be easier, there are some 25% discounts currently available. There is a thread on the BA forum which discusses them.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
HEX Discount

Where are the Heathrow Express 25% discounts available?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
www.heathrowexpress.com/cwt
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
That's 25% off for singles only, though it is good for bookings made up to and inc. the 31 Dec.

The link below offers 25% off for singles and returns, though is only good for bookings made until the end of November:

www.heathrowexpress.com/vodafone3
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Thumbs up

Thanks a lot - it saved me quite a bit on two roundtrips
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mizter T
That's 25% off for singles only, though it is good for bookings made up to and inc. the 31 Dec.

The link below offers 25% off for singles and returns, though is only good for bookings made until the end of November:

www.heathrowexpress.com/vodafone3
One of the terms of this offer is that it's only available for Vodafone customers only. I am not a vodafone customer, do they ask on the train to verify wether or not i'm a vodafone customer ?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:07 pm

No they dont
Old Dec 10, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Are there any discount codes available for 2012 travel, or will I need to wait until the beginning of the year to book?

TIA

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Dec 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 11, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: their are many of them
really discounts on the heathrow express lmfao.

its a bargain at present for the time it take to get from LHR into central london on it.....

and what is discount like 1 pound or 2 pounds if that

interesting.......still laughing at this
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
The only thing I'm laughing at is your post. It's obvious that you haven't got a clue how much the HEX costs and therefore the real value of discounts available.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
really discounts on the heathrow express lmfao.

its a bargain at present for the time it take to get from LHR into central london on it.....

and what is discount like 1 pound or 2 pounds if that

interesting.......still laughing at this
A second class single ticket costs £23 if bought on the train ($36), £18 from the ticket machines and £16.50 if bought online in advance. That's a lot for a 15 to 20 minute train journey.

As a result of reading FlyerTalk I haven't paid full price in recent years and my last three journeys cost me £8.25 each. Not laughing at this but the savings make me smile
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:23 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Alvador
A second class single ticket costs £23 if bought on the train ($36), £18 from the ticket machines and £16.50 if bought online in advance. That's a lot for a 15 to 20 minute train journey.

As a result of reading FlyerTalk I haven't paid full price in recent years and my last three journeys cost me £8.25 each. Not laughing at this but the savings make me smile
Yes, £18 or £16.50 is a lot, but I like to think of it as saving 45 minutes of my time and some stress rather than a 15 minute train journey.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:28 pm

I m flying into LHR on the 23rd and out on 3rd of Jan.

Using the website with the 25%, I can buy a single each way for 12 + change. Will it be valid for tickets in Jan?

Or should I book the 23rd using the 25% code and the 3 Jan using the 15% code?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:32 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

This doesn't list any promotion code for me nor does it give any discount. However when I put in the promotion code "CWT" it worked and allowed a fare of GBP12.49 in February (and would have allowed me to select any time in 2012).

Last edited by RichardInSF; Dec 22, 2011 at 9:39 am
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:21 pm

Questions, sorry if they have been answered....

Do I need to buy for a specific travel date, as so far all I know is I will be flying in Jan but not sure of date.

Also what if I do buy for specific date and I get bumped on flight- can I use for next day? I may be flying standby...

Just looking for a single....

Many thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.