Reload this Page >

The Ongoing Heathrow Express Promotional Fare Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ongoing Heathrow Express Promotional Fare Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Today's London Groupon is the HEX again. £7.50 one way, can buy four per person, redeem vouchers inside three months, tickets valid until 02 October '11.

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london
Any restrictions on US residents buying these?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I think you need a UK address and probably a credit card linked to a UK address.

However, I have bought at foreign Groupon websites without a local address by using PayPal. In my case, it linked to my UK AmEx. If you have a PayPal account, this could work for you.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Roger
I think you need a UK address and probably a credit card linked to a UK address.

However, I have bought at foreign Groupon websites without a local address by using PayPal. In my case, it linked to my UK AmEx. If you have a PayPal account, this could work for you.
Discussion is moot, as the HEX Groupon sold out.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: UAL 1K (1.6 Million Miles), Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Discussion is moot, as the HEX Groupon sold out.
I successfully bought with my Am Ex, and I have a US address. Received my vouchers successfully via email. This was a great deal, and they must run it periodically, as I only signed up for the London Groupon deals since I saw this deal listed here on Flyer Talk late last year.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by smat
I successfully bought with my Am Ex, and I have a US address. Received my vouchers successfully via email. This was a great deal, and they must run it periodically, as I only signed up for the London Groupon deals since I saw this deal listed here on Flyer Talk late last year.
I am sort of in the same boat as you, but with no good outcome.

I saw the last deal for the HEX and signed up for London Groupon. Got the email yesterday for the 7.5 tickets, signed in, bought them (I thought), but got no email. Today when I tried to sign in, they said my email is not valid. I emailed customer service, and am awaiting a reply.

Kind of frustrated
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LongingForORD
I am sort of in the same boat as you, but with no good outcome.

I saw the last deal for the HEX and signed up for London Groupon. Got the email yesterday for the 7.5 tickets, signed in, bought them (I thought), but got no email. Today when I tried to sign in, they said my email is not valid. I emailed customer service, and am awaiting a reply.

Kind of frustrated
Ok, good outcome now. I actually bought 5 one way tickets on Groupon for 7.5 each. Yeah.....saves me a bunch of $$'s.

Thanks, OP!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
New HEX deal

Here is the latest deal for the HEX:
Terms & Conditions:
1.Offer valid until 11.59pm 2nd May 2011.
2.Offer valid for Express Class single and return tickets purchased online only.
3.Offer is 50% off total ticket price.
4.Tickets are valid for outward travel until 2nd May 2011. Return journey valid for one month from outward travel date.
5.To redeem this offer customers must book via www.heathrowexpress.com/royal-wedding.
6.This online offer is not available at Heathrow Express Paddington ticket offices, on board the train, at our station ticket machines, or via the mobile application.
7.Children must be accompanied by one or more adults.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 6:58 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I suppose I'll just have to wait and see if they have any future good deals for when I arrive with my family (24 May). At least subscribing to this thread and registering at Groupon gives me a chance. The cost for a family of 4 - thankful that the AUD is so strong at the moment .
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:00 am

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning
Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by QF WP
I suppose I'll just have to wait and see if they have any future good deals for when I arrive with my family (24 May). At least subscribing to this thread and registering at Groupon gives me a chance. The cost for a family of 4 - thankful that the AUD is so strong at the moment .

If there are no HEX Groupons available you might want to consider the Heathrow Connect from LHR to Paddington ( and the reverse .) The journey takes approximately 25 minutes.

The regular price for an adult single ticket on the Heathrow Connect is £8.50, a child's (5-15) ticket is £4.20

The train calls at T1 & 3, T4, and T5.

Edited to add>>
Something else to consider: if your hotel is not within easy walking distance of Paddington Station, then you'll probably need to get a taxi from the station to the hotel.
A pre-arranged car service to take you directly from LHR to your hotel may be a better deal than 4 HEX or Connect tickets + the taxi fare from Paddington to your hotel.

Last edited by east_of_the_sun; Apr 23, 2011 at 10:23 am
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:04 am

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see
Try the link in post 144, it's for sale till 2nd May, but seems like the trip can start later
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Try the link in post 144, it's for sale till 2nd May, but seems like the trip can start later
Incorrect:

4.Tickets are valid for outward travel until 2nd May 2011. Return journey valid for one month from outward travel date.

You must actually travel 5/2/2011 or earlier :-(

I'm traveling 5/12/11 and hope something will pop up.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:31 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by east_of_the_sun
If there are no HEX Groupons available you might want to consider the Heathrow Connect from LHR to Paddington ( and the reverse .) The journey takes approximately 25 minutes.

The regular price for an adult single ticket on the Heathrow Connect is £8.50, a child's (5-15) ticket is £4.20

The train calls at T1 & 3, T4, and T5.

Edited to add>>
Something else to consider: if your hotel is not within easy walking distance of Paddington Station, then you'll probably need to get a taxi from the station to the hotel.
A pre-arranged car service to take you directly from LHR to your hotel may be a better deal than 4 HEX or Connect tickets + the taxi fare from Paddington to your hotel.
Thanks east_of_the_sun, wasn't aware of Connect previously, so it looks a decent option (7 GBP cheaper per adult and only 10 minutes slower). Both of our kids are under 5, so free on both Connect and HEx. I'd say that with those savings, it'll be worthwhile for us to take Connect rather than a private car. We'll have all been travelling for 24 hours by that stage(BNE/SYD/HKG/LHR - admittedy in J), so by then we'll all want to get to the Hotel, have something to eat and sleep.

We'll get a black cab from Paddington Station to the HI Mayfair, as my daughter hasn't travelled in one so we're happy to spend on that, what we saved on Connect.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:51 pm

Bookings made by 2 May. Nothing about when to start travel!

Originally Posted by twiggers
Incorrect:
Yourself:
"Why not have a break this Easter with bmi

Start your short break to London in only 15 mins! Take advantage of this spectacular 2 for 1 offer in joint partnership with Heathrow Express.

Heathrow Express is giving bmi customers a 2 for 1 offer on Express Class and First Class single or return tickets booked between 21st March and 2nd May 2011.

Travel in comfort on modern air-conditioned trains, with plenty of baggage space, free onboard Wi-Fi, full mobile phone coverage throughout your journey and Express TV for up-to-date Sky news and weather.

Simply choose a minimum of 2 adult tickets from the drop down menu on the booking engine located to the top right of this page and only pay for 1.

This offer is exclusive to online bookings only. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions:

Offer valid for bookings made between 00.01am 21st March 2011 and 11.59pm 2nd May 2011.
Offer valid for Express Class and First Class single or return tickets purchased online only.
Bookings must be made before 11:59pm 2nd May 2011, with return journey valid one month from outward journey.
Offer not available at Heathrow Express ticket offices, onboard the train or at our station ticket machines.
Children must be accompanied by one or more adults.
We will not share your data with Third Parties.
This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer and is non-refundable"
The website actually sells tickets through August with promotional pricing. Bookings are non-refundable though.

Of course the half-off offer mentioned in post 157 is for travel starting May 2.

Last edited by LilZeppelin; Apr 24, 2011 at 12:58 pm
Old Apr 24, 2011, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
We'll get a black cab from Paddington Station to the HI Mayfair, as my daughter hasn't travelled in one so we're happy to spend on that, what we saved on Connect.
Connect + taxi will probably be slower than the tube, which drops you (Green Park) about 45 seconds from the HI Mayfair, and more expensive.

HI Mayfair has really depressing standard rooms, by the way. Upgrade to an Executive, which have been redone recently. The other rooms are untouched in 30 years. They are big, though - the biggest standard rooms I've seen in London.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 2:05 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
Yourself:
"Why not have a break this Easter with bmi

Start your short break to London in only 15 mins! Take advantage of this spectacular 2 for 1 offer in joint partnership with Heathrow Express.

Heathrow Express is giving bmi customers a 2 for 1 offer on Express Class and First Class single or return tickets booked between 21st March and 2nd May 2011.

Travel in comfort on modern air-conditioned trains, with plenty of baggage space, free onboard Wi-Fi, full mobile phone coverage throughout your journey and Express TV for up-to-date Sky news and weather.

Simply choose a minimum of 2 adult tickets from the drop down menu on the booking engine located to the top right of this page and only pay for 1.

This offer is exclusive to online bookings only. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions:

Offer valid for bookings made between 00.01am 21st March 2011 and 11.59pm 2nd May 2011.
Offer valid for Express Class and First Class single or return tickets purchased online only.
Bookings must be made before 11:59pm 2nd May 2011, with return journey valid one month from outward journey.
Offer not available at Heathrow Express ticket offices, onboard the train or at our station ticket machines.
Children must be accompanied by one or more adults.
We will not share your data with Third Parties.
This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer and is non-refundable"
The website actually sells tickets through August with promotional pricing. Bookings are non-refundable though.

Of course the half-off offer mentioned in post 157 is for travel starting May 2.
Clearly I need to read numbers better My apologies! I am going to try and book this promo now!

ETA: Booked without a problem. Thanks again for correcting me...helped save me almost $50!!!

Last edited by flyfaraway; Apr 24, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.