Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Liverpool Aairport -MAN Airport: best ways between them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

May I ask for suggestions for various transportation between these two airports?
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:14 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
700 Bus every hour from Liverpool Airport, at half past the hour to Manchester Piccadilly Rail Station [Journey time 75 mins] then Train from Piccadilly every 15 mins to MAN Airport [Journey Time 25 Mins].

If more than One Passenger and heavy baggage look at One Way Car Rental.

Last edited by UncleDude; Jan 7, 2007 at 4:26 am
Old Jan 7, 2007, 3:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
The other way would be bus to Liverpool station, and train to Manchester Picadilly or Manchester Oxford Road, then change there for train to Manchester Airport - there's one train an hour which goes direct from Liverpool Lime St to Manchester Airport. But it doesn't seem much quicker than UncleDude's suggestion

Train times can be found at www.nationalrail.co.uk
Old Jan 10, 2007, 7:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Following up on UncleDude's suggestion. The 700 stops at Chorlton Street coach station, so you can change there for a Manchester Airport coach instead of going to the train station. Same journey time (according to the National Express site) but you can buy a through ticket rather than having to buy a coach and then a train ticket.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 9:35 am

Programs: BA
Bit behind the times, team. There's a new station called Liverpool South Parkway (it's actually the old Allerton station rebuilt at great expense) on the Liverpool to Manchester railway, just a mile or two from the airport. There's a new shuttle bus from the airport to this station, from where you can get the train every 30 minutes to Manchester Piccadilly. From there very frequent trains take another 15 minutes on to Manchester Airport train station.

No need to go into the centre of Liverpool to the Lime Street station any more.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
well the websites aren't aware of that option either

WHBM's strange and random store of knowledge strikes again!
Old Jan 12, 2007, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Thank you all very much.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Hey I called Liverpool this week and the conversation went like this

Hi I will fly into Liverpool next week and can you tell me how to get to Manchester airport ( as I live very close when in UK )

You cant

What do you mean you cant

We dont have any links to manchester aiport

OK how about Manchester

hang on---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 minutes later

we dont have any links to manchester

Ok

How do you get to manchester from your airport

You dont

OK is it physically possible to get there without a car

No i dont think so

Do you drive

Yes but I have never been to Manchester

Why not

I only have a provisional licensce

OK is there anyone there who knows how someone without a car can get to Manchester

NO

Ok how do I book aflight when you are there and you can drive me to manchester

NO I cant do that as its my husbands car and I am not insured

OK so how do people get to anywhere outside Liverpool

I dont know

So why do you need a pasport when you fly to Liverpool

I dont know

OK thanks for your help and may I reccomend getting insured driving a car

Why

OK bye for now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.