FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   U.K. and Ireland (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/)
-   -   Gucci in London (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland/626621-gucci-london.html)

hairpeace Nov 18, 2006 6:16 pm

Gucci in London

I would like to ask which Gucci location is its flagship, and which has the most menswear for the hubby:

34 Old Bond Street
London W1S 4QL
tel 44.20.76292716
fax 44.20.7496294729

9 Royal Exchange
London EC3V 3LL
tel 44.20.76233626
fax 44.20.76233624

18 Sloane Street
London SW1X 9NE
tel 44.20.72356707
fax 44.20.78389541
I'm guessing Old Bond? :)

TIMP Nov 18, 2006 6:33 pm

I think so - though IIRC the store is still quite small.

GUWonder Nov 18, 2006 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by hairpeace
I would like to ask which Gucci location is its flagship, and which has the most menswear for the hubby:

I'm guessing Old Bond? :)

I end up with "Sloane Rangers" more often. But I don't think their men's selection on Sloane is as extensive as the store in New York. (Maybe they were just missing a few things of interest to me. :eek: ) I haven't been to the one on Old Bond in order to compare, but I always thought the Sloane location was the main Gucci location in the city. :o

hairpeace Nov 18, 2006 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
But I don't think their men's selection on Sloane is as extensive as the store in New York.

That is definite. :)

KenJohn Nov 19, 2006 5:26 am

Old Bond St store has the most men's wear. Gucci was not big into men's wear until recently.

You can also have a look inside Selfridge's Men's floor or at Harrods which may have a wide selection.

Coming to London to shop for designer wear? I fly to the US to get mine. Cheaper prices and lower taxes (but you can reclaim UK VAT as a tourist I suppose that's 17.5% refund at the airport) You must show item at airport to get the tax refund.

hairpeace Nov 19, 2006 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Old Bond St store has the most men's wear. Gucci was not big into men's wear until recently.

What? :confused:

GUWonder Nov 20, 2006 1:47 am

"Showdown at Gucci Gulch", referencing mostly men by way of that book title, was about the late 1980s. Don't be disheartened, even if that was shoes and watches. :eek:

Edeniade Nov 28, 2006 11:43 pm

Well it's true. Up until recently, Tom Ford for Gucci focused mostly on women's wear (though he had some hot men's underwear ;) ).

WBurcham Nov 28, 2006 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I haven't been to the one on Old Bond in order to compare, but I always thought the Sloane location was the main Gucci location in the city. :o

He's right, the Sloane St. location is their London flagship. I spent a little too much time when I lived just a very short hop from the store (#12 Sloane St).

The stores on Old Bond didn't ever seem to compare selection quality wise to me, however YMMV.