Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National Express 4 pounds LHR-Victoria

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2005, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

National Express 4 pounds LHR-Victoria

Just returned from London and took the National Express between LHR and Victoria for 4 pounds single. They seem to be having a sale which ends on 4/30/05.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 5:19 pm
Suspended

wish they offered that fare from LGW
Old Mar 21, 2005, 5:58 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
You can travel to many UK destinations as well for only one pound one way but these fares are limited and/or restricted to advance purchase. Check http://www.nationalexpress.com/save/funfares/home.cfm for more.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 3:54 pm

Bus travel

A similarly low cost albeit less comfortable option for intercity travel is Megabus, who uses what appears to be minimally modified public double-deckers.

http://www.megabus.com/

Last edited by impaler; Apr 2, 2005 at 4:00 pm
Old Apr 2, 2005, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA
The exceptionally low fares on National Express are only offered to appeal to those who might otherwise travel on new operator Megabus (actually part of the Stagecoach Group who operate many of London's red bus services under contract as well as bus and train operations across the rest of the UK). It probably won't be relevant to many here.

The Megabus operation is indeed low cost. The double-deckers may have a new coat of blue paint but are 15-year old secondhand acquisitions from Hong Kong city service ! Looking in at them on the road they still seem to have grossly uneconomic low loads for the low fares they are charging.

The NatEx £4 single fare from Heathrow to Victoria is beaten by the Underground's fare of £3.80 single anyway. It's also beaten by frequent rather than infrequent departures, a normally shorter journey time, much reduced hanging around at Heathrow, and the ability to be taken to anywhere in Central London at the same fare.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 2:20 pm

How easy is it to take the national express from Terminal 3? do I have to walk our of the T3 building and walk to the central bus station? there is no bus links between the terminals and the bus station?

thx
Old Apr 17, 2005, 6:56 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FFSaver
How easy is it to take the national express from Terminal 3? do I have to walk our of the T3 building and walk to the central bus station? there is no bus links between the terminals and the bus station?

thx
The Central Coach Station near T3 is just above the Underground station that is kind of between T1, T2, and T3. It is well marked, but you need to walk a few blocks on mostly moving sidewalks to get there. After surfacing, you see T3 across the street!

I don't care much for the LHR Coach station since there were NO announcements for which dock the busses were to use the last time I used it. And the signs were wrong!

Oh, yes, the last time I took National Express from Victoria Station to LHR T1-2-3, I paid about £10.50 for the ticket. Sadly, there was a tube strike on departure day. At least I could buy my ticket the day before and avoid the ticket line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.