Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchasing train tickets from US for Manchester Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2003, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Purchasing train tickets from US for Manchester Airport

I have already purchased tickets for our route from Tamworth to London and the tickets will be held at the Tamworth train station. I'm trying to purchase tickets from Manchester Airport to Tamworth, but the Manchester train station is not one of the stations allocated to hold tickets. They will not ship the tickets overseas, so I can't purchase them. We are a party of nine, so the savings will be significant to purchase the tickets ahead of time. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old Feb 7, 2003, 5:40 am

That's a really tricky one, and short of having the tickets mailed to your closest friend to Manchester and for them to come and meet you, I can't really think of anything. If you're a FF you might get the tickets delivered to the airline at MAN (obviously, checking with them first). Alternatively, you could try getting them delivered to an airport hotel (you may need to make a reservation for a day room or something). Alternatively, get them delivered to a friend in the UK and they can post them to you in the US.

[This message has been edited by Wingnut (edited 02-07-2003).]
Old Mar 8, 2003, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Try www.virgintrains.com I have bought train tickets here from the U.S. and you can choose to collect them at the station in the U.K. through a self serve ticket machine.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 5:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dan6681:
Try www.virgintrains.com I have bought train tickets here from the U.S. and you can choose to collect them at the station in the U.K. through a self serve ticket machine.</font>
I think that only works at stations served by Virgin trains, and Manchester Airport isn't one of them. YOur best bet is porbably to book in advance from Manchester city centre, and just get the local (and cheap) train from the airport to city centre, before continuing on to Tamworth.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:27 pm

Is there any problem with just buying the tickets on the day. Generally speaking, trains don't get over-booked all that much in the UK and, even for the journey you describe, it wouldn't be a disaster if you had to stand for the duration, assuming that's not a problem for you.

Aaron

------------------
Travel Search Engine
Travel Directory
Travel Forums
Old Oct 26, 2003, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Try#wwwthetrainline.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.