Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Good travel agent?

Good travel agent?

Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Good travel agent?

Does anyone have good experience with a UK-based "full service" travel agent? I'm planning a trip LHR-BKK-NRT-SFO-LHR with a baby, and currently my default assumption is that I'll book one of the RWSTAR tickets. Since the itinerary isn't that complicated there might be some better options out there and I figure a good TA could be useful here. Also, having a single person as a point of contact for making changes down the line would be pretty helpful.

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
You could take a look at Propeller Travel?

Or TrailFinders are pretty decent too.
:D! likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:31 am
Original Poster

I have seen the Propeller Travel website but didn't know if they're actually any good. I'll try to reach out to them. Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's not a very complicated routing. Since I live near one of your stops and have been to all the others many times, I am not sure what you need a travel agent for. They get no commission on air tickets so if you have them book that, they'd very likely charge you extra for that. Might as well use Kayak, google flights, etc.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 1:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
That's not a very complicated routing. Since I live near one of your stops and have been to all the others many times, I am not sure what you need a travel agent for. They get no commission on air tickets so if you have them book that, they'd very likely charge you extra for that. Might as well use Kayak, google flights, etc.
Propellor charge depending on number of segments I think.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
​​​​Need a lap infant ticket as well so I'm 90% sure I can't do this myself online. Best case I have to call TG to book and I'm not sure that's necessarily a better experience than a TA.

Originally Posted by Markie
Propellor charge depending on number of segments I think.
They charge a flat 80GBP per RTW ticket. I might try Amex Platinum Travel Services too since I think they don't charge.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stun
Does anyone have good experience with a UK-based "full service" travel agent? I'm planning a trip LHR-BKK-NRT-SFO-LHR with a baby, and currently my default assumption is that I'll book one of the RWSTAR tickets. Since the itinerary isn't that complicated there might be some better options out there and I figure a good TA could be useful here. Also, having a single person as a point of contact for making changes down the line would be pretty helpful.

Thanks!
Travel Counsellors all the way. Used them for a complicated trip to New Zealand and Australia a few years ago and they were brilliant.

Travel Counsellors
Old Jan 16, 2024, 3:42 am

I use Ann at House of Voyage (houseofvoyage.co.uk) for all holidays and business trips, she's based in the UK and gives a completely free service, gets better deals than going direct but if she thinks direct is better she will tell you. She will do all or just part of trips and is very knowledgeable about the best restaurants in the area and excursions etc. For me its just nice to have someone that you can trust and will try their best to find you exactly what you want.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.