10 day security staff strike at Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
10 day security staff strike at Heathrow

From 31st March for 10 days.

I fly on the 31st March. Do i just get to the airport earlier.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
From 31st March for 10 days.

I fly on the 31st March. Do i just get to the airport earlier.
It's a bit early to tell whether this strike will go ahead or whether it will be negotiated and settled in advance. With the Easter holidays looming there is a good chance that a compromise or resolution may yet be found.

Partly because T5 is likely to be impacted the most, there's already an active discussion thread on the BA board with the usual pearls of wisdom from the ever knowledgeablecorporate-wage-slave so it's probably worth keeping an eye on that thread even if you're not flying BA.

Strike planned - LHR T5 - HAL's security staff 31 March to 9 April 2023

If the dispute is not resolved there will no doubt be advice issued by Heathrow and it's airlines, but there will be a practical limit as to how early check-in can be open for flights in advance so turning up super early may not help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.