Manchester Airport Hotel Options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL Lifetime Gold/VirginLifetime Gold Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador

Appreciate the Raddison is walkable but are there any other hotels that somebody can stay before a flight and walk to the terminals?
Looking for next week and the Raddison is well above my budget
Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2023, 3:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Doubletree, Clayton, Crowne Plaza, and the new Ibis.

There is also a Premier Inn at Heald Green which is a 20 minute walk or one stop on the train from the airport.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 3:50 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
or anywhere in town
Oxford road station to Airport is 14/19 mins on the train
Old Jan 24, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA

There is also a Premier Inn at Heald Green which is a 20 minute walk or one stop on the train from the airport.
The Doubletree seems to be around £150/night most of the time (£135ish next week), so is pretty much on a par with the next door Clayton and the Radisson.

HI and Ibis next to T2 are probably convenient, although around £100/night, even now in a quiet period. The HI seems to still be under construction though - people in there working, on computers etc. with a lot of furniture still having dust sheets on them.

The Heald Green PI is probably closer to a 40 min walk to T3, assuming it's nice weather.
Trains aren't to bad during the day, if running. 2-3 an hour? Not sure what time they start though. Taxi probably best option from there.
The PI at Cheadle is fine, although a walk to the Heald Green train station or a taxi again if not driving. Free overnight parking though.

The HIX has a £4.50? shuttle bus apparently. Generally £100-£150/night, although £70+ next week at present. Nothing special, but might be fine if points are used if cash is tight?
The next door Premier Inns are £50+ next week.
All the above charge £10? a night for parking.

There's a PI and Travelodge in Altrincham. As with everywhere locally, prices range from £50-£150 on whatever day. May be parking charges.

Last edited by xenole; Jan 24, 2023 at 4:07 am
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Research....

HIX Stockport

Skyline 199 (High Peak Buses)

---------
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA

20 minute walk to Heald Green? Maybe if you're Usain Bolt! It's 2 miles from the train/tram/bus station. I'm a pretty fast walker but it took me at least 30 minutes. Whilst it's just 3 or 4 minutes on the train, the last train is normally at 23:46 (23:10 on Sunday night). The first train to the Airport only gets in at 05:47 (07:57 on Sunday morning). So perhaps fine for Mon-Sat flights at civilised times, but useless if you're on a late or early one, or travelling on Sundays.

I'd far sooner stay overnight in Manchester city centre, where there's a plethora of hotel options, and a train and bus service all night long.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by BA for life
Appreciate the Raddison is walkable but are there any other hotels that somebody can stay before a flight and walk to the terminals?
Looking for next week and the Raddison is well above my budget
Thanks
Not walkable, but I notice you have Marriott status. There is a Marriott (now called Delta I think) very close to the airport. There is a shuttle service (£4 each way).
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
Even a black cab from near Oxford Road station comes in at around £30 and takes about 20 mins, so yeah it's definitely worth checking the city centre hotels and train timetables. I see you've got status with Marriott: they've got several choices in the city including one right by Piccadilly.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
oddly enough I just looked at this yesterday. Ibis budget at about £75 won the beauty contest over the Doubletree. I have a 6am flight to Heathrow and wanted maximum bed time.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Not walkable, but I notice you have Marriott status. There is a Marriott (now called Delta I think) very close to the airport. There is a shuttle service (£4 each way).
Still a good £120+ next week, so not what I would call "cheap".

Can't say I've ever seen any shuttle buses from any hotel except for the Clayton (that is 5 mins walk from the railway station anyway).

Would expect £11+ e/w for a taxi from the Marriott / HIX / PI hotels.

Thing I don't like about the Ibis Budgets, even if paying £75-£100 at MAN, is that you earn zero points for the stay.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:54 am

I’m trying out the new ibis next week, £85 as apposed to everything else was extortionate for the same night
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by xenole
Still a good £120+ next week, so not what I would call "cheap".
The OP didn't mention "cheap" - just that the Radisson was over their budget. I don't know what their budget is!

And the shuttle is mentioned here :-

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/ma...ester-airport/
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
I don't know what your starting point is, but for me (Sheffield) it's cheaper and more convenient to sleep at home and book an airport transfer service. I only have to get up an hour earlier than if I were staying at a MAN airport hotel.
paulieuk likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
The one, and thank goodness only, time I’ve flown from MAN, I stayed at a hotel in Wilmslow. It was a short taxi ride to the airport the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.