Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

LHR - Lufthansa or Singapore Airlines Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Hello,

Will have roughly three hours to kill between arriving at LHR with OS (18:40, likely T2A) and the onwards flight with AV (22:40, likely T2B) if you subtract time for security, boarding etc.

First question would be where the security check after arrival is located. Is it in a separate area after arrival, or between areas 2A and 2B? Meaning will I be able to freely traverse though 2A and 2B without additional checks?

Second question would be whether my business class ticket entitles me to enter multiple lounges?

Third question would be which lounge would be best?
-The United Lounge already closes at 18:00, so is out of the question.
-The AC Maple Leaf Lounge closes at 20:00, so would be out if my ticket only allows one lounge visit
-The Lufthansa Lounge closes at 22:00, but is located in 2A area, so depending on where the security check is could be disadvantageous
-The SQ SilverKris Lounge also closes at 22:00 and is located in 2B, so would be ideal in that sense - but I recently read somewhere that they sometimes restrict access to SQ passengers? Can that be true? And would that not be a clear breach of Star Alliance rules?

Given the supposedly disastrous service offering of AV from outstations, eating good food beforehand has a high priority for us. As we will be there for ~3 hours, comfortable seating also is important, but I assume all lounges will have that.

Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Hello,

Will have roughly three hours to kill between arriving at LHR with OS (18:40, likely T2A) and the onwards flight with AV (22:40, likely T2B) if you subtract time for security, boarding etc.

First question would be where the security check after arrival is located. Is it in a separate area after arrival, or between areas 2A and 2B? Meaning will I be able to freely traverse though 2A and 2B without additional checks?

Security is located during the "transfer" back into T2. Once you pass security, you can move freely between 2A and 2B.

Second question would be whether my business class ticket entitles me to enter multiple lounges?

Yes

Third question would be which lounge would be best?
-The United Lounge already closes at 18:00, so is out of the question.
-The AC Maple Leaf Lounge closes at 20:00, so would be out if my ticket only allows one lounge visit
-The Lufthansa Lounge closes at 22:00, but is located in 2A area, so depending on where the security check is could be disadvantageous
-The SQ SilverKris Lounge also closes at 22:00 and is located in 2B, so would be ideal in that sense - but I recently read somewhere that they sometimes restrict access to SQ passengers? Can that be true? And would that not be a clear breach of Star Alliance rules?

Given the supposedly disastrous service offering of AV from outstations, eating good food beforehand has a high priority for us. As we will be there for ~3 hours, comfortable seating also is important, but I assume all lounges will have that.

Thanks
I would stop by the LH lounge first, once you clear security. It will be the 1st lounge you get to. If you get bored there, or don't care for the offerings, then move onto the Singapore lounge to check it out prior to departure.
(This assumes your AV flight departs from 2B)

Note that while it is possible to go "backwards", from 2B back to 2A, there are no "Moving sidewalks" that help in that direction. Everything is set up to facilitate travel from 2A to 2B.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I think the LH lounge is quite good for breakfast options, not so much for lunch or dinner. So I strongly prefer the SQ lounge at that time of day, especially as I like Singaporean food.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

I saw that the AC lounge and SQ lounge are right next to each other. Maybe it would make sense to check out the AC lounge until closure (so more or less from 19 to 20) and then chill in the SQ lounge (so more or less until 21:45) the remaining time?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by ArnoldB
I saw that the AC lounge and SQ lounge are right next to each other. Maybe it would make sense to check out the AC lounge until closure (so more or less from 19 to 20) and then chill in the SQ lounge (so more or less until 21:45) the remaining time?
The lounges are all quite good from my experience. I like the LH lounge and also like to have a walk before the flight so I am happy if it is not the nearest lounge to the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.