Wiki Posts
Search

BHX Security & Blocked Fire Doors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Adam1222,

I'm puzzled by your post as my earlier post, to which you refer, does not, in fact, state that I spoke in any particular way. May I respectfully request that you read it carefully: it states that the staff member "seemed.." and that "it is reasonable to expect..".

With best wishes,

Southsquare
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Did you speak this way to all of the employees you interacted with? That might explain the less than warm reaction.

The tone rang a bell; and, yes, the OP has form. This earlier thread generated some lively exchanges. At the time I assumed if it was an elaborate wind-up.

Inappropriate Conduct by BA staff
jerry a. laska and Adam1222 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by southsquare
Adam1222,

I'm puzzled by your post as my earlier post, to which you refer, does not, in fact, state that I spoke in any particular way. May I respectfully request that you read it carefully: it states that the staff member "seemed.." and that "it is reasonable to expect..".

With best wishes,

Southsquare
Dear Southsquare:
It appears, based on my discerning eye and reading comprehension skills, that the answer is affirmative.
Kind regards,
Adam1222
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by southsquare
No steps have been "skipped" in the narrative and the CCTV footage, for which I will make a SAR, would confirm that.
I wish the OP good fortune in the arena of subject access requests: it gets difficult where CCTV is involved. I know SARs can move agonisingly slowly, particularly where video recordings are the prime focus, but I'm hoping the OP will get back to us on the result of this request.

If the SAR proves successful, it would be interesting to know how useful the footage has been in establishing the nature and content of the exchange between the OP and the lounge agent(s).
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Reading this thread makes me very thankful indeed that I don't work in customer service.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Reading this thread makes me very thankful indeed that I don't work in customer service.
Thankfully, even most of us lawyers don't invoke regulations and laws in this manner when dealing with customer service. Even in my professional life, if someone spoke to me this sort of officious way it would be abnormal.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

The tone rang a bell; and, yes, the OP has form. This earlier thread generated some lively exchanges. At the time I assumed if it was an elaborate wind-up.

Inappropriate Conduct by BA staff
Ha! Well spotted.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Generally I find if a member of staff suggests to a patron to make a formal complaint to management about an ongoing issue it’s because they’ve tried to have these issues sorted several times already by their management and they’ve done nothing about it.

if customers complain then management are more likely to listen.
farci likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:11 pm
formerly JackDann

I’ve a choice on Sunday. I’m staying in London - I can fly back to Belfast from BHX or SOU, BHX would save us £100 (Train and flights cheaper).

Not much difference in the timings, but if BHX is THAT bad right now i’d rather travel from one of my favourite airports in SOU.

Any recent reports? I’d probably be flying fairly late Sunday evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.