Search

Heathrow Parking Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Heathrow Parking Advice

Hi all,
I'm flying out of LHR at 10am on 25 June. I usually take the train into London then the Heathrow express, but since there'll be a rail strike on the day I think I'll not be able to do so.
My back up plan is to drive myself there and park on one of the business car parks. The "difficulty" is that I fly out of T3 (mid-morning) but land back at T5 (early evening).
What do you think is best: Park at T5 business car park on the saturday morning, transfer to T3 for my mid-morning outbound flight, OR, park at T3 business car park and transfer from T5 after my return flight (early evening landing)?
Not done a T3/T5 transfer in the past so not sure how much of a hassle or quick/slow it is.
Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Depends if you're doing a day with Rail + Underground strikes, or just a rail strike day

I think you have two broad options

One is to park at one of the terminals, and use the London Underground to get to the other terminal for the time you're at the "wrong" one. Free, but needs Oyster or contactless to open the barriers. Pretty frequent. (Normally you could also use HEX or Elizabeth Line to transfer for free between T5 and T3 but likely not on strike days)

The other is to pick one of the car parks on Bath Road between T5 and T2/T3, and take the bus both ways. Based on https://www.heathrow.com/transport-a...g-stay-parking and google maps, the T5 long stay car park is next to the T2/T3 Business car park, so with a short walk you should be able to get the bus to the "wrong" one and still reach your car
Kruisler likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Depends if you're doing a day with Rail + Underground strikes, or just a rail strike day

I think you have two broad options

One is to park at one of the terminals, and use the London Underground to get to the other terminal for the time you're at the "wrong" one. Free, but needs Oyster or contactless to open the barriers. Pretty frequent. (Normally you could also use HEX or Elizabeth Line to transfer for free between T5 and T3 but likely not on strike days)

The other is to pick one of the car parks on Bath Road between T5 and T2/T3, and take the bus both ways. Based on https://www.heathrow.com/transport-a...g-stay-parking and google maps, the T5 long stay car park is next to the T2/T3 Business car park, so with a short walk you should be able to get the bus to the "wrong" one and still reach your car
The last option was discussed in another thread and it can work. I think I saw a gap in the fence behind some bins when I was last there. Otherwise, the Bath road parks will work. The Purple Parking/Q Park is just about OK.
Kruisler likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thank you both. I think I'll park in T3 business car park and will either transfer to T3 or walk from T5 parking on my return, depending on how lazy I feel on the day I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.