Wiki Posts
Search

Does the walkway to the terminal still exist at Premier Inn Heathrow T4

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Does the walkway to the terminal still exist at Premier Inn Heathrow T4

I've found the Premier Inn at T4 is a bargain at £45 a night, and want to book it for a stopover in a couple of weeks time.

I know there used to be a covered walkway from the hotel to the terminal, but Google Maps is not showing it anymore (although the satellite image confusingly still shows it). Does anyone know if it is still connected to the terminal by the walkway? I've tried calling the hotel several times but they don't answer.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC
The hotel is probably not open until Monday 14th when T4 reopens, hence why they are not answering the phone.

As for the walkway, I guess not many ppl on the forum have been anywhere near the terminal in a couple of years, but there will be more chance next week.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
I wonder whether Google Maps temporarily stopped showing the walkway after T4 closed, making it essentially a walkway to nowhere or possibly even blocked off for the duration.

The hotel's website reflects the current situation by giving distances only to the other terminals and by saying that T4 is temporary closed in the description where they used to talk about the walkway. Most likely that will be updated soon, given the Monday T4 reopening.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
As T4 has been shut, the walkway to T4 to the Hilton, Premier Inn, and Crown Plaza has been shut. I imagine that when T4 opens the walkway to T4 will also open. The Hilton and Premier Inn have been open but only reachable by TfL bus or Hoppa or by taxi or similar means.
:D! likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:08 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I expect the walkway will now be open. If no one posts beforehand I'll be able to update next week.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The warning message re T4 and the walkway has been removed from the Hilton T4 LHR website

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I expect the walkway will now be open. If no one posts beforehand I'll be able to update next week.
Confirm the walkway is open.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.