Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

How to exit from Heathrow T3 airside lounge to landside ? (Long connection)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I have a long connection (13 Hours) at Heathrow, I would like to visit the clubhouse lounge and then tour London for a bit before going back to my flight.
Is this possible and how should I do that? I supposed I should follow the connections signs on arrival and get to the lounge.
How will I then get from the lounge to passport control and arrivals in order to get to landside?
I am fully vaccinated and it doesn't appear to be a problem in that regard.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Thanks for the recommendations, my replies are being moderated/hidden for some reason.
I am flying with Virgin from Florida and the luggage will be checked in to the destination. I've found some threads that say that you can leave hand luggage in the clubhouse and it looks like a nicer lounge than Revivals.

Last edited by galfromakus; Feb 20, 2022 at 7:55 am
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Welcpme to flyertalk galfromakus

This post on the BA forum should provide some help

LHR T3: going from airside to landside

and

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29998308-post383.html

Regards

TBS
galfromakus likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Clubhouse impiles Virgin?

Where are you arriving from and on which airline? What about luggage? Will you have checked in for your omward flight?

If all of this is is on VS/DL then personally I would clear the UK border then use Revials before going into London.
galfromakus likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Welcpme to flyertalk galfromakus

This post on the BA forum should provide some help
Thanks, useful information, especially the second thread. Seems easy enough.

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

Where are you arriving from and on which airline? What about luggage? Will you have checked in for your omward flight?

If all of this is is on VS/DL then personally I would clear the UK border then use Revials before going into London.
Arriving from Orlando,FL on Virgin, luggage will be checked in to the onward flight.
I read that clubhouse can store hand luggage so I thought I could leave my hand luggage there, it also seems like a much nicer lounge than Revivals.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Arriving from Orlando,FL on Virgin, luggage will be checked in to the onward flight.
I read that clubhouse can store hand luggage so I thought I could leave my hand luggage there, it also seems like a much nicer lounge than Revivals.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:57 am

Where has the OP gone?

rb211.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:06 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by RB211
Where has the OP gone?

rb211.
Should be fixed now!

stut
UK & Ireland
galfromakus and RB211 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by galfromakus
Where is your onward flight to and on which airline? That's an important factor in whether you can use the CH or not.

I'm sorry but if you want help you need to give full details!

I wouldn't leave any luggage in the CH if you are leaving the airport.

Last edited by stut; Feb 21, 2022 at 9:37 am
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Where is your onward flight to? That's an important factor in whether you can use the CH or not.

I'm sorry but if you want help you need to give full details!

I wouldn't leave any luggage in the CH if you are leaving the airport.
Onward flight to Israel, also from T3.
Is leaving luggage in CH against policy or is that due to concern for the safety of the luggage?

Last edited by stut; Feb 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The yes if the TLV is on VS then you can use it but remember you'll have to go through security to get to it via connections and then again when you return to LHR - which is why I suggested revivals prior to goong into London.

It's a security issue of people not being close to their bags. . There is a commercial left luggage in the arrivals area of T3.
galfromakus likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:12 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by galfromakus
Is leaving luggage in CH against policy or is that due to concern for the safety of the luggage?
Airline lounge left luggage facilities are really only intended to be used whilst you're in the lounge, or at least close by in the terminal's shops/public areas for a short period. No-one puts a trace on you, or checks, but there are circumstances where it can unravel.

The issue comes if there's an incident that requires the terminal to be evacuated - which could be a fire alarm going off or, more pertinently, a terror threat being made. It's clearly not an everyday occurrence, but equally not unknown either.

Should that happen - particularly in the latter scenario - passengers in the lounge will either be able to collect their luggage and leave with it, or will have to identify it when they return. They may be asked to get it rescreened if there's any chance of someone other than the lounge employee getting access to it. Any luggage that can't be reconciled with a passenger will need to be investigated and likely will be treated as unattended. You can imagine the implications of that.

If you're happily spending your time in central London, even if you're aware of the disruption within a short timescale the chances are you're not going to be able to get back quickly given public transport systems to the airport will quite probably be shut down. At that point at best you're going to have some difficult questions to answer as to why you left luggage effectively unattended.

As others have said, use the left luggage facilities which are set up for these sort of long layovers (or take it with you and utilise the many hundreds of central London locations that also offer storage). At the airport they will screen your luggage on receipt and provide a secure storage environment where your bags can't be interfered with after screening. The lounges, particularly after an evacuation, can't so effectively do that.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Airline lounge left luggage facilities are really only intended to be used whilst you're in the lounge, or at least close by in the terminal's shops/public areas for a short period. No-one puts a trace on you, or checks, but there are circumstances where it can unravel.
Thank you for your recommendations.
Obviously I wasn't going to leave it there without asking the staff.
Perhaps it's a complimentary service, I've seen at least one post where the person said they left luggage in the clubhouse and went to visit Windsor.
In reference to your scenario, how many times has this happened exactly?
It sounds a bit far fetched and the risk of such an occurrence seems quite low. If the terminal was to be evacuated in an emergency manner I'd imagine quite a lot of luggage would be left in the storage area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.