Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Anyone gone to see a premier league game recently ? Where do you get tickets ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone gone to see a premier league game recently ? Where do you get tickets ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC
You might want to ask on Twitter or email as per here:

https://www.mancity.com/contact-us
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:59 am

For those not interested in the big teams, I went to see Brentford with a friend who had tickets. The stadium is very neat, visibility is really good. The atmosphere is a bit 'meh' if you compare with a similar game in Germany (to say nothing of those countries that are absolutely mental like Poland or Greece) but still.
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by 13901
For those not interested in the big teams, I went to see Brentford with a friend who had tickets. The stadium is very neat, visibility is really good. The atmosphere is a bit 'meh' if you compare with a similar game in Germany (to say nothing of those countries that are absolutely mental like Poland or Greece) but still.
Brentford are a pretty big team!!!

I'm hoping, circumstances allowing, to get to Wimbledon v Shrewsbury on 29/1. Luckily I have a debenture so am guaranteed a ticket!
13901 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SCHokie
No, it's this tour: https://hospitality.mancity.com/tour...kick-off-tour/

And 011 is the "exit code" in the US to then dial an international number. The mobile puts it there by default.
Just try +441614441894 from Skype.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Just try +441614441894 from Skype.
I tried that over 20 times over the past few days. Always says "+441614441894 is unavailable"

I was able to find someone from within the UK to help me and was able to get the tour booked this morning. I just sent them the money via Paypal. So all is well-thanks for all the responses.

We're going to also try and see the Wolves play Leicester on Sunday if anyone has any tips for that game.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
I tried that over 20 times over the past few days. Always says "+441614441894 is unavailable"

I was able to find someone from within the UK to help me and was able to get the tour booked this morning. I just sent them the money via Paypal. So all is well-thanks for all the responses.

We're going to also try and see the Wolves play Leicester on Sunday if anyone has any tips for that game.
No idea, other than that it's just Wolves, not the Wolves. They are playing the Foxes, however!

Glad all sorted.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
When you’ve got your tickets sorted, and especially if it’s not a Saturday game, do think about coming back to this forum and asking for advice on a lower level game to go to on the Saturday for a different (but more authentic) experience!

A couple of years ago we collectively advised a guy in just that situation to go to a Brentford game - at the time they were a decent Championship team, playing at their very old-school stadium, Griffin Park. He seemed to have a great time.
That guy was me! And it was a very good time. Very glad I got to experience Griffin Park while it was still in use.
Agree with the suggestion wholeheartedly. Since that first trip, I have also been to QPR and Fulham home matches.
Great way to get into areas of London that I otherwise wouldn't see, along with some good football in more "intimate" settings.
And at a very reasonable cost.

Originally Posted by greenbbs
This is killing me.

I’ve been a One Hotspur+ member since they switched to the new format (was a bronze member before that), and have a ticket to Liverpool-Spurs on Dec 19th.

Was planning on doing a quick in and out (arriving 18th at 8pm from the states on the daytime TATL on VS, and leaving Monday AM), but the new restrictions are putting a massive wrench into my plans. I don’t want to shell out £399 to guarantee a PCR result on Sunday AM, so I may end up having to cancel and rebook for next season…..

it’s absolutely killing me
Originally Posted by greenbbs
I was supposed to come in this weekend from the US for Spurs-Liverpool, but the ‘vid is getting so bad I canceled the trip.

sounds like a lot of the teams are pushing to postpone the schedule through the festive season
Ah man, that would have been a great match to be at. Hopefully you get over soon.

With today's announcement relaxing the entry requirements into UK, I (maybe foolishly) booked a trip for next week.
The lure of 2 derby's at home, including the NLD, was too strong to resist. Love it when fixture congestion allows multiple matches in the same week.
Have already sorted out tickets (local contacts rule!) for them. COYS!

Will try to get a look at other possible lower-league matches later today. Gonna make it a full week of football.
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only

Tickets for Wolves games (home fans) are on sale to members only and rarely get to general public sale. Molineux only holds just over 30k and is sold out unless its somthing unattractive like Burnley on a Wednesday night!

I'm a member but can only get one ticket before a couple of days before the game.
jokerjokerj likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Since I started the thread, thought I'd give an update.
I did bring my daughter to London for a Arsenal game as her 21st birthday gift. We went to see the Arsenal-Brentford game on 19th Feb. Brought back memories for me. Decided to be ultra safe and not buy tickets from resale sites, we both registered as Arsenal red level members. After a few days of checking managed to find and buy (at midnight) 2 tickets seated together Club level from a member resale. Great seats close to the center, easy access to restaurants and bars. Spent a bit of money pregame at the Armoury (merchandise shop).
Traveling to the UK was easy since we are triple vaxed, filled out the passenger locator form, used the egates and were on the tube with our bags 15 mins after leaving the plane. Arrived on 18th Feb just before the storm, went sightseeing in the evening, ate at Dishoom (very good), PCR test for our return to Canada followed by the game on 19th, sightseeing on 20th including changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, London Eye, etc plus a train to Milton Keynes to meet friends for dinner, back to London on 21st to meet family and dinner with them at Ivy restaurant, St Johns Woods (loved it) and flew back home on 22nd.
Hectic but great trip plus Arsenal won so I may be in the running for Dad of the year. Specially since we also flew both ways in Business Class.
Special thanks to all those who provided great advice and tips on this thread. Even the empty trophy case Tottenham fans :-). Now to do it all over again soon. Can someone please clean up the weather though...
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Well, this season is turning out to be much more interesting than appeared earlier. Decent fights for top spot, European spots, and a relegation battle....involving Everton! Who woulda thought?

Was bummed to been over for the NLD only to have it postponed, but thankfully was able to book another trip for the rescheduled date next month. And will also catch the last home match v Burnley as well.

Anyone else heading over for late season fixtures?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
I went to see Brentford host West Ham today, and after a uninspiring first half by either side, Brentford scored two to secure the win. I was lucky, as a friend of mine had a set of 4 season tickets with a friend, but they are away in the Caribbean for a family holiday, so I and three other friends received the gift of the tickets. Not sure how easy it would be to get tickets otherwise.

Very nice ground (only two years old I think). Good comfortable seating. Not large but very lively. No longer a pub on every corner, but lots of pre and post match places to get a drink and bite.

As with most clubs, unless you have season tickets, looks like the best bet is getting a membership and seeing what opens up for you as tickets are released.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
I went to see Brentford host West Ham today, and after a uninspiring first half by either side, Brentford scored two to secure the win. I was lucky, as a friend of mine had a set of 4 season tickets with a friend, but they are away in the Caribbean for a family holiday, so I and three other friends received the gift of the tickets. Not sure how easy it would be to get tickets otherwise.

Very nice ground (only two years old I think). Good comfortable seating. Not large but very lively. No longer a pub on every corner, but lots of pre and post match places to get a drink and bite.

As with most clubs, unless you have season tickets, looks like the best bet is getting a membership and seeing what opens up for you as tickets are released.
Nice. I haven't been to Brentford's new stadium, but was lucky enough to visit Griffin Park before it came down. Need to get back over that way and check out the new one. Be good to see Eriksen again (amazing comeback for him).

I have tickets sorted for my next 2 matches in May, including the re-scheduled NLD. (Helps to have lots of friends that happen to be season ticket holders...and generous.)
I also have had a (Hotspur) membership for several years now, and have been able to source tickets on their re-sellers function when needed.

Was quite the weekend for Spurs. We won handily, and all our major competitors for 4th place ended up losing.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Well, this season is turning out to be much more interesting than appeared earlier. Decent fights for top spot, European spots, and a relegation battle....involving Everton! Who woulda thought?

Was bummed to been over for the NLD only to have it postponed, but thankfully was able to book another trip for the rescheduled date next month. And will also catch the last home match v Burnley as well.

Anyone else heading over for late season fixtures?
Just saw West Ham vs Lyon, Watford vs Leeds & Norwich vs Burnley.

Three great but very different experiences.
NWIFlyer and goodeats21 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:20 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by andrewstahl
Just saw West Ham vs Lyon, Watford vs Leeds & Norwich vs Burnley.

Three great but very different experiences.
I'm sorry you probably didn't get the best that Carrow Road can offer - most people have accepted that it would take a greater comeback than Lazarus to avoid relegation now, and consequently even when we play reasonably well and win games the noise is tempered a great deal. The Burnley game, much like the one at Turf Moor earlier in the season, was just a bit flat until Pukki's goal to clinch it late on.

Come back next year in the Championship and you'll probably find a much more vibrant ground.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I'm sorry you probably didn't get the best that Carrow Road can offer - most people have accepted that it would take a greater comeback than Lazarus to avoid relegation now, and consequently even when we play reasonably well and win games the noise is tempered a great deal. The Burnley game, much like the one at Turf Moor earlier in the season, was just a bit flat until Pukki's goal to clinch it late on.

Come back next year in the Championship and you'll probably find a much more vibrant ground.
Easy 3 points against my lot tomorrow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.