Contacted by T&T after flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contacted by T&T after flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
We had this after a BA flight to LCY from Mykonos in Sept. Seat numbers were on the PLF at that time but we were sitting in 2C&D so no-one in front. There was one person in 1A (who had been upgraded at the check-in desk so her seat number would have been different on the PLF), one in 2A, one in 3A and two in 3D&C so we must have either been very unlucky or the whole plane got pinged.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Oh, I wonder if that was from the COVID App ?
No, it was by text msg from T&T Scotland. I did the PCR test but no way to feed it back into the NHS covid app as it hadn't originated from that, and no compatible code to enter.

It is all bit disjointed when dealing with different countries in the UK.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by i_concur
I have been contacted by test and trace today and it seems my contact was on a flight I took last Monday. No issue with that at all. It is a risk and fair enough. My question is how far they go with this. Does the whole plane get T&T contacted or just those within a certain radius of the positive case? I guess if it is crew then is it just the cabin they were in.
Yes, I got contacted by the NHS today too, for a flight I took last Monday. Not sure which, either TLS-LHR or LHR-DUB. Anyway, isolate for 10 days from that day is a bit silly considering I've already been back a week. They telephoned me and ran into trouble with the address... he thought Dublin was somewhere in Manchester, until I advised it's the Republic of Ireland (and we're no longer a vassal state of the UK!) :P

It all ended with, follow your local ROI rules and that was me done

Good to see it's taken seriously, though the fact the NHS webpage says it's in Beta amused me!
pacenotes likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They have now stopped asking for seat numbers on PLFs, and my suspicion is that they are indeed pinging the entire aircraft. For those vaccinated it just involves getting a PCR and self isolating for that day.
For those vaccinated IN THE UK to be exact. I got back to the UK after 20 months in Oz last month, just in time for my mum's 90th birthday, only to be pinged after someone on the plane tested positive. Which in turn meant the celebrations had to be postponed even though I'm double jabbed with AZ just like most of you as I was then in mandatory self isolation. This despite the vaccines minister stating on 22 July that the NHS would be able to register our overseas vaccines by the end of July. So so far more than 3 months to do something he said would take 10 days. Useless.
DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:27 pm

I got called on 14th October for a flight arriving on 4th October. Told to self isolate for 10 days from the 4th which I explained to them was the day they were calling me. Well spent money on T&T there! What’s the point of asking for the PLF if they aren’t going to contact trace within a reasonable time? Everyone will have had to do a test within 2 days so is no excuse to wait 8 days to contact trace
LETTERBOY and DaveS like this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mr Silver K
I got called on 14th October for a flight arriving on 4th October. Told to self isolate for 10 days from the 4th which I explained to them was the day they were calling me. Well spent money on T&T there! What’s the point of asking for the PLF if they aren’t going to contact trace within a reasonable time? Everyone will have had to do a test within 2 days so is no excuse to wait 8 days to contact trace
That would have been a positive on a day 8 test. But yes, a bit of a waste of time, they should not have contacted you.
DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i noted in a different thread that in october, i was contacted each week from a BA flight, annoyingly. each time was on day 8/10...but for the last one curiously my parents were not contacted despite us in 1C/D/F.

and while i was in 1C, there was no one in 1A on the day i would have encountered this "contact"
Old Nov 1, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Did those who got contacted by T&T find that their NHS app stopped working? Mine has been saying "we're experiencing technical difficulties" ever since I got pinged.

I have my pdf vaccine certificate downloaded so it's not the end of the world but I'm slightly concerned that if the system thinks I shouldn't be allowed to generate a vaccine cert then perhaps the QR code on my existing cert will no longer show up with green tick for travel and vaccine passport use in Europe. I know I don't need to self isolate but I wouldn't want to explain the intricacies of UK rules to a waiter/airport agent abroad.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
In terms of the level of contact from T&T for those who were on a flight where someone tested positive, are there follow up calls after the initial instruction to isolate or is it once and done?

Curious to know whether it becomes like the situation earlier in the year where there were often daily calls and sometimes visits for those meant to be isolating after travel.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by mattg85
In terms of the level of contact from T&T for those who were on a flight where someone tested positive, are there follow up calls after the initial instruction to isolate or is it once and done?

Curious to know whether it becomes like the situation earlier in the year where there were often daily calls and sometimes visits for those meant to be isolating after travel.

yes, but there is no pattern to who or when
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by Mr Silver K
What's the turn around time for a PCR in the UK now? One thing that I see happen in my COVID role in the US is that people have minor symptoms (slight cough, sinus congestion, and/or headache) think nothing of it and then have an incidental positive result and then when called say oh yeah I had this and that seven days ago. The other thing is when people getting sicker around day 6 and finally get a test. Both are reasons why it can take so long for Tracers to get a hold of you. The reason why tracers here will still call on the last day is to ensure the cycle doesn't continue if you're having mild symptoms.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:28 am
Original Poster

I was contacted at 11:10 yesterday. I’d left work and got a PCR test done within 40 mins. Reported negative to me by just after midnight.

13 hours all in.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
So I got pinged by NHS T&T over the weekend, 9 days after an outbound flight to AGP. Message was that I had attended a "venue that was the source of a Covid outbreak". Told not to isolate but take a test (which we were doing anyway because of day 2 return requirements).

As I have never used the app contract tracing or checked in to any venues using the app, I presume the "venue" was the flight but there seems to be no way of finding this out??
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I’m pretty sure there is no requirement to self-isolate while waiting for the PCR result for anyone pinged with an accepted double vaccination.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Im not allowed into work until cleared by a PCR test. But that is a work policy rather than a self isolation policy. So I could go to the pub. But not work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.