Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Best UK mobile network for roaming and data in the US?

Best UK mobile network for roaming and data in the US?

Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree, my Three experiences were mixed. Fine if just doing emails and the odd WhatsApp. But unusable on many occasions when I actually needed maps, tether my laptop, or do data heavy stuff. Vodafone costs but is MUCH better
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I use EE, with their old Roam Further package. The new version, Roam Abroad, is pretty similar - https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offer...am-abroad-pass

If you have the right price plan, you can pick it as a free Smart Benefit, otherwise it's 10/month

The pass allows you to use your standard minutes, text and data plan allowances while abroad in the five countries listed below, just as you would in the UK. From January 2022, the pass will also include 47 European destinations.
  1. USA
  2. Canada
  3. Mexico
  4. Australia
  5. New Zealand
1P likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I use EE, with their old Roam Further package. The new version, Roam Abroad, is pretty similar - https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offer...am-abroad-pass

If you have the right price plan, you can pick it as a free Smart Benefit, otherwise it's 10/month
I digress and apologies for this but do you or anyone else know if the roaming pass, as a smart benefit, will stay as it is post Jan 22? I understand theres a 2 per day fee in the EU for roaming or 10 per month?

Im trying to work out if you use the smart benefit it will exempt you from any extra fees in this post Brexit climate and the EU as well as US, Canada etc will be included in the benefit?

Also will there be a data cap regardless of the underlying contract allowance?

The details on EE are well not very detailed.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 4:51 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
If you're on an old EE plan (pre 7th July 2021) you get free roaming in the EU anyway on EE, it's only if you have recently upgraded or taken out a new plan that you will have to pay for EU roaming.

If you're on a new plan, and add the Roam abroad pass as a smart benefit or pay, you will get EU roaming as well as the 5 additional countries. The FUP is currently 50GB.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Gagravarr

Exactly what I have.

Recently spent 8 month between usa and mexico with no problems whatsoever.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Using Three out here at the moment and not had any issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.