Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers

Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers

Old Sep 18, 2021, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schwann
I stand corrected, then. Surprising and interesting. Thanks.
Schwann likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nov11
Bought a 20 Day 2 kit from Arrival Testing based in Putney (next to Putney Bridge tube station). Seems straightforward. PLF was issued within 2 minutes so I am all good for now
Do you have a link please? Can't seem to find them by that name online.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Schwann
Do you have a link please? Can't seem to find them by that name online.
Here you go:
https://www.arrivaltesting.com

The 20 is for on-site testing (at Putney Bridge). Otherwise it costs 69 for a home kit.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
Here you go:
https://www.arrivaltesting.com

The 20 is for on-site testing (at Putney Bridge). Otherwise it costs 69 for a home kit.
Then you got lucky, currently no appointments available until August 2022 lol
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by flyslow
Then you got lucky, currently no appointments available until August 2022 lol
I believe those slots are assigned manually. You need to book during their business hours (09/10:00-17:00 UK time).
Schwann likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:02 pm

I booked Expert Medicals for the scam that is Day 2 testing for an upcoming flight. I'm not particularly bothered if it doesn't arrive, but so far I got messages and so on that it will... I just need the code.

The price is 28; some said that it could go down to 22 and change but I think the option to enter a code has gone. Still, better than 70 as seems the average or even the 40 that Randox charges.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by NickB
They are no longer accredited so cannot be used for Day 2
Yes they can
docklander likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE
Promised to report back on my experience with NWP. I also ended up having to use Collinson.

I used NWP for DAY 2/8 and Test to release day 5. Test to fly home.
NWP packages came in a timely manner. As you have to mail them back it really depends on when the post gets collected. Once the package gets to NWP it is less than 24 hours to results.

Test to return package took awhile to get to NWP so i booked a Collinson in person test at St. Pancras. Results took over 96 hrs to return. Collinson promised results within 48 hours. No refund has been processed as yet so have initiated a charge back.
Rapid PCR at heathrow from Collinson results came back within an hour.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
How long before your arrival to the Uk do you order your tests? Expert Medical says 5 business days from dispatch but I dont know how long does it take for the Royal Mail to deliver, so if I arrive to my hotel on Nov 1, when should I order the Day 2 kit?

Also, when trying to utilize the Royal Mail website or app its seemingly impossible to bring any results for the postal code I need to find a priority postbox. Dont understand what Im doing wrong. Postal code is EH1 3AF.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by asnovici
How long before your arrival to the Uk do you order your tests? Expert Medical says 5 business days from dispatch but I dont know how long does it take for the Royal Mail to deliver, so if I arrive to my hotel on Nov 1, when should I order the Day 2 kit?

Also, when trying to utilize the Royal Mail website or app its seemingly impossible to bring any results for the postal code I need to find a priority postbox. Dont understand what Im doing wrong. Postal code is EH1 3AF.
I had the same trouble with the Royal Mail website. Thought maybe it was just the computer I was on / browser issue or something.

I decided on Randox instead as it turned out there was a collection box within walking distance to my hotel. Kit ordered last Tuesday night and delivered to my hotel on Thursday. Was way quicker then I expected, as I don't arrive until tomorrow. Front desk at hotel assures me they have the package set aside for my arrival, so hopefully it didn't get lost in the meanwhile.

Would err on ordering sooner, and alerting hotel to the package arrival to hold for you. Might have helped I have Marriott Ambassador status....but maybe not. Haha
asnovici likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I used express test yesterday at t5 and got the results in roughly 24 hours. The queue felt slow,I waited 15 minutes when there were about 10 people in front of me but I'd waited about 40 minutes to get through the egates so it wasn't too bad.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL DM + Reserve, SPG + HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
How long before your arrival to the Uk do you order your tests?
I ordered the Day 2 test from Randox on Sunday, and it was delivered in London on Tuesday. As a tip, there are discount codes from various airlines that you can find online and save a few pounds.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold

7 priority boxes within half a mile of you, the nearest is in Elm Row, just 0.1 miles from you.

https://www.royalmail.com/services-n...Type=postboxes
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: M&S Elite+

It is better not to order too early as you can be caught by rule changes. At some point late in October the day 2 test should change to a rapid test. I usually recommend booking the postal test a week in advance. It would be worth allowing a few more days for the last week of October as it is school holidays in England.

The nearest priority box to that post code is at Elm Road post office.
HB7 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:57 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by DaveS
It is better not to order too early as you can be caught by rule changes. At some point late in October the day 2 test should change to a rapid test. I usually recommend booking the postal test a week in advance. It would be worth allowing a few more days for the last week of October as it is school holidays in England.
I agree with this, however, some of the tests available may get cheaper between now and then, even if the rules haven't changed till then. I imagine PCR tests are about to get A LOT cheaper due to what will soon be a massive oversupply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.