Wiki Posts
Search

DUB Transit times

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
DUB Transit times

I am booked on 2 separate Aer Lingus tickets, CDG-DUB, then DUB to SFO with 90 minutes from arrival to departure in mid-Sept. Will I be able to get a boarding pass for the SFO flight in Paris? If not, is 90 minutes door-to-door enough time to exit Term, check-in, do Customs pre clearance and get on board second flight? (Only carry-on)

Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ggator
Will I be able to get a boarding pass for the SFO flight in Paris?
Assume no, given COVID.

If not, is 90 minutes door-to-door enough time to exit Term, check-in, do Customs pre clearance and get on board second flight? (Only carry-on)
If you are a U.S. resident, more than enough. If not, then good luck (tight but doable).
Old Aug 7, 2021, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. But I'm curious, why does Covid make a difference?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Thank you. But I'm curious, why does Covid make a difference?
Because to ensure that you meet the local requirement, airlines conduct the check before your flight. So for a CDG-DUB-SFO (even separate tickets), the USA check will be conducted at DUB, not CDG. Hence, the BP may not be able to be issued until everything has checked out.

(Any check done at CDG is presumed for DUB only.)
Old Aug 8, 2021, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Have you accounted for the gate close time in those 90 minutes? If not then you have even less time to do this. Even less if your ex CDG is late. On separate tickets you won’t likely just be rebooked.

I can’t remember the rules at DUB for pre clearance and when you need to have gone through the CBP by but they are on the DUB website so check thst out.

the Covid issue is that at CDG the EI agents will want to ensure you have the right to enter Ireland because they will go on that booking that you are flying to DUB and not SFO and showing the DUB - SFO booking may not be enough to over ride that.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks, all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.