Reload this Page >

UK opening to vaxxed Americans and EU from 2nd Aug (4am) [updated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK opening to vaxxed Americans and EU from 2nd Aug (4am) [updated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Parkdesigner
I guess, maybe to ask it another way... when Britons are on holiday somewhere else in the country, and they are told they tested positive - are they expected to return directly home? Or are they expected to cough up days of extra hotel costs to stay wherever they are on holiday?
There was a case recently of some hikers from Northern Ireland who were walking in Wales when they got a positive result, couldn't get home, and had to get help to find somewhere to stay while they self-isolated for 10 days - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-58075183 . However, Dominic Cummings (mostly) got away with driving from London to near Newcastle to self-isolate at a family property
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I guess, maybe to ask it another way... when Britons are on holiday somewhere else in the country, and they are told they tested positive - are they expected to return directly home? Or are they expected to cough up days of extra hotel costs to stay wherever they are on holiday?
I would return home if in the car, but tbh if I took a test I think I would wait for the result before rushing off to somewhere else in the country.

Also for you as it relates to travel the law clearly provides you with an exemption as I noted a few posts up to move to another address. No reason is needed for this. However, I would suggest that you find a way to do it which doesn't involve coming in to contact with anyone else.

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
However, Dominic Cummings (mostly) got away with driving from London to near Newcastle to self-isolate at a family property
Unless you are getting money every time you mention this, can we leave the politics out of the thread please.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The requirement is to self isolate, there isn't a specification where to self isolate and it's difficult to come up with rules here. So let's say you're n London when you are contacted by NHST&T, then if you can get to the East Midlands without coming into contact with anyone (e.g. you have a car) then that seems fine to me. Taking the tube and then a crowded train home isn't sensible (as one MP found out), and you don't need to look at Statutory Instruments here. NHST&T isn't that quick, and so long as you are double vaccinated, keep your mask on, avoid close contacts then you should be fine and I wouldn't over think the scenarios, there are too many of them. If you don't feel well then don't leave the house.. If stuff happens then you indulge your commonsense to come up with a sensible solution.
KARFA and Parkdesigner like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 7:29 am

Hi,

Apparently England now requires two vaccines to be from the same type based on the guidance (Quarantine and testing if you've been in an amber list country - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)). The Germans especially mixed Astra Zeneca for the first shot and Biontech for the 2nd Shot. Does this not count as fully vaccinated for the UK?

Has the requirement for two vaccines to be the same any basis in the statutory instrument or is it just guidance?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by want2fly4less
Hi,

Apparently England now requires two vaccines to be from the same type based on the guidance (Quarantine and testing if you've been in an amber list country - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)). The Germans especially mixed Astra Zeneca for the first shot and Biontech for the 2nd Shot. Does this not count as fully vaccinated for the UK?

Has the requirement for two vaccines to be the same any basis in the statutory instrument or is it just guidance?
tricky one. on my quick look on the SI it seems there is no wording on both jabs being the same (unless I have missed it?), but it seems to be the requirement is the vaccination course is authorised by your regulator. so i wonder if the mixing of vaccines was explicitly authorised in Germany?

the wording of the SI also says a course of vaccines given in accordance with manufacture instructions, but i can't imagine mixing meets this test.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
tricky one. on my quick look on the SI it seems there is no wording on both jabs being the same (unless I have missed it?), but it seems to be the requirement is the vaccination course is authorised by your regulator. so i wonder if the mixing of vaccines was explicitly authorised in Germany?

the wording of the SI also says a course of vaccines given in accordance with manufacture instructions, but i can't imagine mixing meets this test.
The mixing was authorised by our regulator. RKI - Empfehlungen der STIKO - Mitteilung der STIKO zur COVID-19-Impfung: Impfabstand und heterologes Impfschema nach Erstimpfung mit Vaxzevria (1.7.2021)
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:36 am

i suspect tbh if you can coax a normal EU certificate from whatever app you use you will probably be ok and no one will look at exactly what ones you had, although there is a danger someone does and starts questioning whether it would apply.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:19 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by aviators99
I just bought tickets to the Arsenal match . . . .
Are you sure you’re picking the right year for such a big trip? (And I don’t mean Covid.)
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI for anyone considering the Azova option mentioned above my daughter ordered it Saturday and it arrived in California Tuesday. She ordered the pre-departure to UK and the day 2.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by nnn
Are you sure you’re picking the right year for such a big trip? (And I don’t mean Covid.)
Hilarious! Bringing my son who is a Premier League fan and has never been to a proper match. It will still be great. Hopefully they will bounce back from last week!
nnn and Parkdesigner like this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:09 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by aviators99
Hilarious! Bringing my son who is a Premier League fan and has never been to a proper match. It will still be great. Hopefully they will bounce back from last week!
That's great. We are actually doing the same over Thanksgiving week. We're set up for:

LIV-ARS (EPL)
CHE-JUV (UCL)
MNC-PAR (UCL)
CHE-MNU (EPL)

After the November PL schedules are set, we may try to fit in more weekend games if possible. We are beyond excited.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by nnn
That's great. We are actually doing the same over Thanksgiving week. We're set up for:

LIV-ARS (EPL)
CHE-JUV (UCL)
MNC-PAR (UCL)
CHE-MNU (EPL)

After the November PL schedules are set, we may try to fit in more weekend games if possible. We are beyond excited.
Of course I should have waited to buy our tickets from the ticket broker. They are about a third of the price now (for club seats).
nnn likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
FYI for anyone considering the Azova option mentioned above my daughter ordered it Saturday and it arrived in California Tuesday. She ordered the pre-departure to UK and the day 2.
Thanks for this! I took your advice and ordered the same... was shocked - placed my order this past Sunday and it was on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon. Well impressed.
VickiSoCal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.