Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
2) First name and last name (comparable to travel documentation).
No problem for A - D.
Thanks for posting this guide CWS. I have started the NHS App process - although it took me a while to remember where my passport might be! I am already on systmonline so hopefully the GP approval should all be in place.

I did take my existing 'jab book' with me to my first jab but they weren't interested and the card I got doesn't have my name on it. In fact, I've only just realised there is a name field! And there is a nice ballpoint pen correction to the batch number too which makes it a bit messy - or maybe it makes it look more realistic!

PS - what is this old fashioned finger print recognition of which you speak - aren't we all into face recognition now?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Misco60
Why should the EU include, or even consider, the UK when making plans? The UK is no longer a member, and this is just one of the many consequences of leaving.
And there are ~24m consequences as to why I am pleased about that. They will have to consider the UK and all non-EU countries at some stage whether they like it or not, I'm in no rush so it is a moot point with me. But I would rather WHO or IATA stepped in rather than the organization and other countries going their separate ways.
:D! and Tocsin like this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:30 am

With much of the EU facing into a third/fourth wave, talk of permitting third country travel really is a moot point. I’d prefer if the energy of the Commission (and Parliament and Council for that matter) was 100% focused on acquiring and distributing vaccinated and incentivising member states to use them, allowing domestic restrictions to be relaxed as soon as possible. Effectively doing what the UK have done. Travel within the EU/EEA can be prioritised after that and finally third countries can be dealt with.

Given the ongoing vaccine disaster, talk of vaccine passports and the like is simply a sideshow at this point.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
With much of the EU facing into a third/fourth wave, talk of permitting third country travel really is a moot point. I’d prefer if the energy of the Commission (and Parliament and Council for that matter) was 100% focused on acquiring and distributing vaccinated and incentivising member states to use them, allowing domestic restrictions to be relaxed as soon as possible. Effectively doing what the UK have done. Travel within the EU/EEA can be prioritised after that and finally third countries can be dealt with.

Given the ongoing vaccine disaster, talk of vaccine passports and the like is simply a sideshow at this point.
I disagree.
Governments can - should - multi-task and have some sort of capacity to look ahead, to plan forward. Not making plans for enabling travel now will result only in confusion, missed opportunities and lost income when travel eventually becomes possible. It's stuff that takes time, if nothing else to convince the Germans that GDPR will be preserved and to listen to Orban's moaning about... well, whatever he normally moans about.
:D! likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Yes - you are absolutely right. I was just starting to scratch my head as to what I, as a dual UK-EU citizen, would do about passports and nationality for these forms as I am very keen to get to my flat on the continent etc and then I read your comments and stopped worrying. Let's beat this thing first.
:D! likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by 13901
Here is a list of vaccines that may be listed in the yellow book:

1. Comirnaty; Pfizer/BioNTech

2. COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca

3. Covidshield COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca
Interesting no J&J for the yellow book option.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Interesting no J&J for the yellow book option.
I think it's because it's not yet authorised for use by either the EMA or WHO.
I should point out that this was taken from the Icelandic government's website (and it's the one country I was checking because I was interested in going there, a plan I've now shelved as the UK is still prohibiting travel).
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:59 am

How long after the vaccination at a random pharmacy will the information be relayed to the GP/NHS website? My shot was a week ago and it doesn't show up yet in either my GP's website (they use Patient Access), nor the NHS one. On the other hand a Covid test I took a few days later where I didn't even list my NHS number showed up the next day. Thank you.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by under2100
How long after the vaccination at a random pharmacy will the information be relayed to the GP/NHS website? My shot was a week ago and it doesn't show up yet in either my GP's website (they use Patient Access), nor the NHS one. On the other hand a Covid test I took a few days later where I didn't even list my NHS number showed up the next day. Thank you.
After a week I would be inclined to call the pharmacy and ask. It may be that they use paper records initially and then upload in bulk, in which case it would depend how often they upload the data, but I think waiting a week has given the pharmacy sufficient time for it to be reasonable to query. In places where they have a someone entering the data on laptop or tablet at the same time as the vaccinator is working, it should be on your record within 24 hours; those places where the data entry takes place later have more variable timescales.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
After a week I would be inclined to call the pharmacy and ask. It may be that they use paper records initially and then upload in bulk, in which case it would depend how often they upload the data, but I think waiting a week has given the pharmacy sufficient time for it to be reasonable to query. In places where they have a someone entering the data on laptop or tablet at the same time as the vaccinator is working, it should be on your record within 24 hours; those places where the data entry takes place later have more variable timescales.
Thanks, the pharmacy's listed phone number doesn't seem to work (Jade pharmacy, Vicarage Farm Road, Hounslow 2085703579). When I login to the NHS vaccine appointment service, it thinks I skipped the first dose. I'm wondering if it was a scam or just shoddy administration and they've input the wrong data. Maybe I should 're-do' the first dose elsewhere in a few weeks.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
None of which matters unless the format and included entries are acceptable to the jurisdiction of intended travel. Thus, largely not a UK issue for UK residents.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks, the pharmacy's listed phone number doesn't seem to work (Jade pharmacy, Vicarage Farm Road, Hounslow 2085703579). When I login to the NHS vaccine appointment service, it thinks I skipped the first dose. I'm wondering if it was a scam or just shoddy administration and they've input the wrong data. Maybe I should 're-do' the first dose elsewhere in a few weeks.
I really wouldn't do that, or you will end up with 3 doses just to get a correct medical record!
Try a different branch or message them through email, Facebook or twitter. Their head office is 02084271810.
NHS would think you hadn't had the first dose if it isn't on your record. Some NHS vaccine website landing pages do talk of skipped doses, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
I really wouldn't do that, or you will end up with 3 doses just to get a correct medical record!
Try a different branch or message them through email, Facebook or twitter. Their head office is 02084271810.
NHS would think you hadn't had the first dose if it isn't on your record. Some NHS vaccine website landing pages do talk of skipped doses, I wouldn't worry about it.
Hmm, yes, NHS has cancelled my 2nd dose booking now because it thinks I didn't get the first. And the only way to get a 2nd dose is to remake a first appointment. I've tried the head office number, thanks a lot for that - but the person who answered said they aren't Jade pharmacy, it's some other pharmacy and they dont do Covid vaccinations. Sounds more and more suspicious!
Old Mar 19, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Hmm, yes, NHS has cancelled my 2nd dose booking now because it thinks I didn't get the first. And the only way to get a 2nd dose is to remake a first appointment. I've tried the head office number, thanks a lot for that - but the person who answered said they aren't Jade pharmacy, it's some other pharmacy and they dont do Covid vaccinations. Sounds more and more suspicious!
If they did not charge you, it was not a scam. Unless they are really dumb scammers...
Often1 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Well it's Heston, what did you expect? Their phone number from their website for the Heston one seems to be 02085704219.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.