Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The version shown in post 208 is still the same, unlike the App version and PDF export, which has altered in layout several times now. It's just the barcode that has an expiry, I think in order to make it work better with any changes required for keeping the UK and EU app based vaccine passports in tandem. That doesn't apply to the NHS letter since that is standalone and not intended for integration (which makes Malta's quickly abandoned approach even more daft).
and in Scotland we still await an app...
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
Not sure if this has been posted upthread, but even if you pass your foreign vaccination details to your NHS GP, they won't display in the app, as they weren't performed by the NHS. A bit of a nuisance for those who had one dose here and another there, hopefully they'll still be perceived with the same legitimacy.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Cathay1101
Not sure if this has been posted upthread, but even if you pass your foreign vaccination details to your NHS GP, they won't display in the app, as they weren't performed by the NHS. A bit of a nuisance for those who had one dose here and another there, hopefully they'll still be perceived with the same legitimacy.
Pester your GP about this -- there does seem to be a way to get it to show up in the app. I speak from personal experience -- I had Dose 1 of Pfizer in the UK and Dose 2 in the US three weeks later. My second dose shows up properly in the app (although, while the date/manufacturer/batch number are correct, it claims I received the second jab at one of the UK vaccination centers rather than at the CVS in America where I actually got it...)
KARFA and squawk like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Pester your GP about this -- there does seem to be a way to get it to show up in the app. I speak from personal experience -- I had Dose 1 of Pfizer in the UK and Dose 2 in the US three weeks later. My second dose shows up properly in the app (although, while the date/manufacturer/batch number are correct, it claims I received the second jab at one of the UK vaccination centers rather than at the CVS in America where I actually got it...)
Thanks - I'll pass this on!
squawk likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:44 pm

I don't know if it's common knowledge but you don't need to phone to get your NHS vaccination certificate. I've requested mine online here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...d-pass-letter/
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Dan1113
and in Scotland we still await an app...
Nicola can't recollect anyone asking for one. Could you remind her?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:40 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
I went to the Euros semi-final at Wembley last evening to see Italy vs. Spain, and used my NHS COVID Pass for the first time. Tickets has to be assigned to each specific person, and you were required to enter your details into the Euro 2021 app including a valid ID (passport, driver's license). You were required to bring your ID, your phone with the Euro 2021 App to activate your ticket, and your NHS Covid Pass (either on your phone, or via the vaccination letter - the NHS card showing the vaccinations is not good enough). This way, in theory, they could match the name on the id to the Euro ticket to the NHS App.

On arrival, three checkpoints had been set up outside the stadium - the first was for the COVID pass, the second for the ticket, and the third the usual bag check and wand (if you looked scary enough). For those that know Wembley, this was set up to get into the up-level that circles the stadium. Lots of marshalls telling us to have all three items ready as we approach.

On the covid check, I held up my phone showing the NHS app (I had the downloaded PDF on my phone just in case), and expected to get my ID out. The marshall saw the QR code (didn't scan it), and waved me through. No check that the information I held up matched the ticket or my ID.

Next was ticket check (again no check of the ID or the NHS pass), and then through bag check.

A couple in the group hadn't had the required two jabs plus two weeks, so had to show the results of the NHS LFT test. One had the app to show it on the COVID pass, which the rules said were required. The other just showed the email of the results and was admitted.

Overall the checks seemed perfunctory.

Once inside the stadium, masks were required except when at your seats, but as they were serving beer and you couldn't take it to your seats, lots of people milling around drinking and eating without masks, which then pretty soon evolved into most people walking around (going to their seats, the toilets, to order food and drink) without masks as well.

I've two days off until I next work, and no social engagements, so other than a socially distanced run today, I'm sticking indoors and doing a LFT tomorrow.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:57 am

Unlike the first jab, which went down with no issues whatsoever, Jab #2 is hitting pretty hard. It almost feels like being drunk or super sleepy. Been taking some paracetamols to see me through a couple of meetings and then I'll probably have an early shutdown today. The arm is also pretty sore.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by 13901
Unlike the first jab, which went down with no issues whatsoever, Jab #2 is hitting pretty hard. It almost feels like being drunk or super sleepy. Been taking some paracetamols to see me through a couple of meetings and then I'll probably have an early shutdown today. The arm is also pretty sore.
Supposedly doing helicopters with the arm reduces that. I don't know as it never affected me, but daughter said it helped.
DaveS and 13901 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Supposedly doing helicopters with the arm .
On behalf of my neighbours, thanks for specifying with the arm.

Silver Fox, Dan1113 and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is Pfizer then? Yes, dose2 tends to hit slightly harder but it's good news since it shows an immune conversion battle is ongoing, which will set you up for the future. You mention sleepy - usually it's lethargy without giving much ability to sleep, maybe a dose may help but usually it doesn't. The sore arm probably won't respond much to paracetemol, but the hangover feelings should be reduced by paracetemol.

Exercise is always good, but it's not going to make any difference to the side effects.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Sounds very much like my reaction to Pfizer2 too. I don’t drink so am not sure what drunk/hangover feels like but I was very sleepy the day after (despite having my usual 5.5hrs sleep) and had a headache for most of the day too. My colleagues commented that I looked a bit “out of it and extra shiny” during the team meeting that morning!

My gym buddy had his Pfizer1 at the end of last week and has been out of action ever since, it hit him very hard.
The_Diamond_Z, DaveS and 13901 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is Pfizer then? Yes, dose2 tends to hit slightly harder but it's good news since it shows an immune conversion battle is ongoing, which will set you up for the future. You mention sleepy - usually it's lethargy without giving much ability to sleep, maybe a dose may help but usually it doesn't. The sore arm probably won't respond much to paracetemol, but the hangover feelings should be reduced by paracetemol.

Exercise is always good, but it's not going to make any difference to the side effects.
Yes, Pfizer dose no.2, thanks for the advice on paracetamol, I've taken it to lower the temperature.. BTW the NHS app is already showing the jab, well done to your colleagues from St John's ambulance service.

FYI for anyone reading, the St John's church vaccination centre (Mattock Lane, Ealing, off Ealing Broadway) is doing walkins.

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Sounds very much like my reaction to Pfizer2 too. I don’t drink so am not sure what drunk/hangover feels like but I was very sleepy the day after (despite having my usual 5.5hrs sleep) and had a headache for most of the day too. My colleagues commented that I looked a bit “out of it and extra shiny” during the team meeting that morning!

My gym buddy had his Pfizer1 at the end of last week and has been out of action ever since, it hit him very hard.
5.5hrs is too little, you need a bit more! But yeah, my colleagues have noticed I'm feeling a bit "meh" but being continental engineers they've been rather more blunt than your teammates ("even through Teams I can see you look like sh*t" was one of the comments... Love 'em).
DaveS likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
My NHS vaccine certificate allowed me into Gabon earlier today, skipping the quarantine requirement. There was test before departure and on arrival. All pretty efficient without any delay (take note HMG). The scheme started here on the 15th of June. On arrival test was $40 and pre-departure Ł20.
wilsnunn and 13901 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:33 pm

Had my second AZ on Saturday, zero side effects this time apart from slightly sore and itchy spot where needle went in. I did have Full English before the jab, as prescribed by CWS, maybe that helped

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.