Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance from UK to "All but essential" destinations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2020, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Is there -any- insurance that will cover ABE destinations these days, for leisure purpose.

I care more about medical costs and not so much on travel disruption.

I need USA specifically and have the right to travel there, so back up question is intra USA insurance for non residents?
Old Dec 2, 2020, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A number of insurers are listed in this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...surance-9.html
See also:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32676805-post503.html
Insurance during lockdown
Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Bumping this for any recent success on travel insurance to USA
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Travelling as a UK resident, I have found the following. Happy to hear of others:
- Battleface. Only up to 60 years old but includes some luggage and other cover, as well as medical and repatriation including COVID-19 positive test. Does not cover COVID related cancelations (either from a positive test yourself or from Government imposed travel restrictions like a lockdown)
- High Risk Voyager. Medical and repatriation only. Thinks it covers up to 70 year olds.
- Emirates new policy. Covers COVID-19 medical, repatriation and quarantine if you (or your travel partner) test positive. Does not cover cancellation due to Government imposed restrictions like a local lockdown or any other items like luggage. The wording about exclusions is "your travel to a destination in violation of a travel ban issued by the government of your home country or a travel ban issued by a local authority at your trip destination (unless such government or authority has provided exceptional permission for such travel). A travel ban does not include travel advice issued by such government or authority (for example, advice against all but essential travel to a destination)." https://c.ekstatic.net/ecl/documents...conditions.pdf
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
My post that jerry a. laska linked to details the insurer I have now used for three trips to the U.S. How to measure success? I have travelled 3 times without needing to make a claim -- success, in my book. If I had had to make a claim, would I have been successful? I hope so, but don't know for certain.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tjcxx
My post that jerry a. laska linked to details the insurer I have now used for three trips to the U.S. How to measure success? I have travelled 3 times without needing to make a claim -- success, in my book. If I had had to make a claim, would I have been successful? I hope so, but don't know for certain.
But you could have chosen Mickey Mouse insurance in your case. The proof (and therefore useful benchmark) is how it play out IF you need to make a claim, not if you don't.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by LondonElite
But you could have chosen Mickey Mouse insurance in your case. The proof (and therefore useful benchmark) is how it play out IF you need to make a claim, not if you don't.
Exactly. As I said.
lhrsfo and jerry a. laska like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.