Print Wikipost

Local lockdowns in the UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Daily data:

Cases 80,830 (94,524 last Tuesday)
Deaths 303 (250)
Patients admitted 2,150 (1,925 the 18th)
Patients in hospital 19,118 (16,394 on the 21st)
Patients in ventilation beds 363 (299 on the 21st)
Vaccinated up to and including 27 March 2022:
First dose: 52,788,065
Second dose: 49,404,026
Booster: 38,776,246

The rolling seven day daily average for cases is now down 3.1% on the previous week and the same measure for deaths is up 25.7%. The rolling 7 day daily average for deaths is 150.0 today.
adrianlondon and alex67500 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by S_W_S
It seems like it's my turn to test positive, just over 2 years after the last time.
Right now is probably the most insidious period, with even people like Obama and Hillary getting Covid...
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
My other half has tested positive this morning, which will mean that we won’t be able to go to Ireland this weekend for his mum‘s retirement

At this stage I’m hoping I’ll also test positive, so that the chances of further disruption in the next few months will be drastically reduced… am I crazy to think this way?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
My other half has tested positive this morning, which will mean that we won’t be able to go to Ireland this weekend for his mum‘s retirement

At this stage I’m hoping I’ll also test positive, so that the chances of further disruption in the next few months will be drastically reduced… am I crazy to think this way?
OH thinks the same after I tested positive this morning, we’ve both rushed off to do PCR at the local centre before they shut for good.
DaveS likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:40 am

I travelled back home from Bangladesh a few days ago and came down with a cold as soon as I arrived. I tested a couple of times but alas it is a cold. I was hoping for an updated recovery certificate.

And in other news, Scotland has delayed the end of their face mask rules until 18th April.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Not at all. I went out for dinner with from friends in early December, and 4 of the 6 in the party tested positive. I was actually hoping I might as well, as that would mean it would be much less likely to spoil my trip in early January to Italy.

Ironically, after two trips out of the UK, it was on the second to France where I picked up Covid (not back here in the UK), but luckily didn't show up until I was back here in the UK. I think to myself now, "well hopefully that means I'll be fine for the next 4 or 5 months before the next infection."
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:26 am

Daily data:

Cases 87,188 (102,483 last Wednesday)
Deaths 213 (194)
Patients admitted 2,065 (2,030 the 19th)
Patients in hospital 19,387 (16,807 on the 22nd)
Patients in ventilation beds 365 (316 on the 22nd)
Vaccinated up to and including 29 March 2022:
First dose: 52,792,930
Second dose: 49,415,450
Booster: 38,791,373

The rolling seven day daily average for cases is now down 7.4% on the previous week and the same measure for deaths is up 22.0%. The rolling 7 day daily average for deaths is 152.7 today.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Loads of people in my social group coming down with nasty head colds in recent weeks, some of which have turned into proper chesty winter bugs, including mine. Nobody testing positive for the big-C though - so either genuine old-school colds or LFTs are becoming increasingly inaccurate.
Buggered if I am going to bother tracking down a PCR, however.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
Loads of people in my social group coming down with nasty head colds in recent weeks, some of which have turned into proper chesty winter bugs, including mine. Nobody testing positive for the big-C though - so either genuine old-school colds or LFTs are becoming increasingly inaccurate.
Buggered if I am going to bother tracking down a PCR, however.
I have had exactly this. About 3/4 weeks ago I came down with a bad cold and quite bad cough - to the point it was keeping me up at night. Did about half a dozen tests over a week and every one -ve. Anyway, thankfully got over it after 2 weeks.

Come last weekend it has returned with pretty much identical symptoms, but this time strong +ve lines with several home tests. The tests were from the same box as last time so it wasn't just a dodgy batch. Anyway, sadly meant I have to scrap a trip to NYC this week.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
I tested positive a couple of weeks ago, but it was a PCR test that caught it. Every LFT I did (including one on the day I did the PCR) was negative. Similar symptoms as you both report - a bad head cold, but also got some light-head and dizziness.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
I have had exactly this. About 3/4 weeks ago I came down with a bad cold and quite bad cough - to the point it was keeping me up at night. Did about half a dozen tests over a week and every one -ve. Anyway, thankfully got over it after 2 weeks.

Come last weekend it has returned with pretty much identical symptoms, but this time strong +ve lines with several home tests. The tests were from the same box as last time so it wasn't just a dodgy batch. Anyway, sadly meant I have to scrap a trip to NYC this week.
Did you get it confirmed with a NHS PCR? The free NHS PCR's are still available. I ordered a postal one today and will use oner from my stock tomorrow just in case. It should update the recovery certificate if it is positive.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by DaveS
Did you get it confirmed with a NHS PCR? The free NHS PCR's are still available. I ordered a postal one today and will use oner from my stock tomorrow just in case. It should update the recovery certificate if it is positive.
I didn't go for a PCR, but tbh having done a few LFTs earlier this week and all showing strong lines for +ve I wasn't sure there would be a point since I know I have it.

Would I need a recovery certificate? I haven't actually submitted anything to the site for the tests I have done. I still have my vax passports in my apple wallet.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
I didn't go for a PCR, but tbh having done a few LFTs earlier this week and all showing strong lines for +ve I wasn't sure there would be a point since I know I have it.

Would I need a recovery certificate? I haven't actually submitted anything to the site for the tests I have done. I still have my vax passports in my apple wallet.
The recovery certificate is useful for some countries. It can be as good as having a recent jab.
KARFA and ringingup like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Can I just double check… an NHS passport is not invalidated for a number of days/weeks after a positive test, is it? I think in some countries that’s what happens to the EU Green Pass.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:19 pm

Can I just double check… an NHS passport is not invalidated for a number of days/weeks after a positive test, is it? I think in some countries that’s what happens to the EU Green Pass.
i thought it was - or at least you were blocked from generating a new one from the nhs app for a period after you submitted the positive test.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.