Search
Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

Local lockdowns in the UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paulaf
fluttered my eyelashes.
Oh Paula, that's made my evening. Fantastic news well done for showing initiative, and shows how FT can help people out. In your case on Tuesday you should check your date on the website and see what it says, if it's the same date /place as hubby then take it, don't worry about time slots, as I'm sure you will have noticed, it's not too regimented. If not, just leave it, and go with hubby for his second too. Even if they are running short on vaccines and can't do you, then the system will keep your timing, more or less, so if after that decline, you should be able to go online and book at close to the date they will show on Tuesday. Or ring 119 if you're ok to travel a bit for it. There is another reason for doing couples together: it reduces social contacts overall, and for example we don't need to wipe down between you and husband because that's not logical.. So yes, it makes a lot of sense and reduces NHS/GP resource usage.

Sounds like a good day out! Don't plan anything too complicated tomorrow, you may need an easy day. And keep the Lemsip handy just in case.

I think we will have to wait a bit for KARFA presumably?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Oh Paula, that's made my evening. Fantastic news well done for showing initiative, and shows how FT can help people out. In your case on Tuesday you should check your date on the website and see what it says, if it's the same date /place as hubby then take it, don't worry about time slots, as I'm sure you will have noticed, it's not too regimented. If not, just leave it, and go with hubby for his second too. Even if they are running short on vaccines and can't do you, then the system will keep your timing, more or less, so if after that decline, you should be able to go online and book at close to the date they will show on Tuesday. Or ring 119 if you're ok to travel a bit for it. There is another reason for doing couples together: it reduces social contacts overall, and for example we don't need to wipe down between you and husband because that's not logical.. So yes, it makes a lot of sense and reduces NHS/GP resource usage.

Sounds like a good day out! Don't plan anything too complicated tomorrow, you may need an easy day. And keep the Lemsip handy just in case.

I think we will have to wait a bit for KARFA presumably?
Well it's thanks to you and all the others posting info on here how to understand the system and I will always push forward until someone says "no", there was a couple of umms and ahhs, and told to ask the next person along in charge, but to others note keep trying until you get into the seat to be jabbed. I'll look online next Tuesday as suggested thanks and try and get booked in. Feel fine so far, will see tomorrow. Progress also towards the vaccine passport!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:19 pm

No ill effects from me on the Pfizer although my other half had hers at 10am and it wasn't till 6pm she felt a bit off. A few hours to go for me to see if the same timeline sticks, but we both had different jabs so can't really contrast and compare
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
it's been a while since I fluttered my eyelashes at anyone, but I suppose if it get's me a vaccine earlier I may be up for it
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paulaf
Well it's thanks to you and all the others posting info on here how to understand the system and I will always push forward until someone says "no", there was a couple of umms and ahhs, and told to ask the next person along in charge, but to others note keep trying until you get into the seat to be jabbed. I'll look online next Tuesday as suggested thanks and try and get booked in. Feel fine so far, will see tomorrow. Progress also towards the vaccine passport!
Come Tuesday I would book something somewhere, even if not the same date or location as your OH. At least that way you have a back up. If you do get an earlier slot with OH, you can cancel your back up plan. Places are only locked in from noon the day before, so if you cancelled before then the slot could be picked up by someone else.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Well everyone will get their first jab soon, it’s going to really pick up now.
LETTERBOY and paulaf like this.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I'm looking forward to your account in due course too, hopefully not too long away either.
paulaf likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Come Tuesday I would book something somewhere, even if not the same date or location as your OH. At least that way you have a back up. If you do get an earlier slot with OH, you can cancel your back up plan. Places are only locked in from noon the day before, so if you cancelled before then the slot could be picked up by someone else.
Will do, funnily enough had booked hubby in for somewhere much further away for end of next week, so I cancelled it within hours of booking it and rebooked for today somewhere closer so maybe it was fate I got mine today too. As an aside I booked his online 6 days before he got the text from the GP. Yes I hope all other FTs get theirs soon too, it's looking very likely if you believe the Telegraph.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by 13901
Well, Hounslow borough also extends well into poshest West London, like Chiswick. I live just north of the border in Ealing and, knowing the Chiswick pensioners, I'm pretty sure that they all were there outside the Practice on day 1 (which doesn't stop them from moaning that the youngsters are coming too near to them).

But if I look at my block of flats, out of 24 apartments we have 20 or so non-British tenants and, on average, 5 moves a year. Average age is fairly young and, with GPs catchment areas being what they are, it's going to be tricky to capture all of them especially when the message being repeated is not to call, they will contact you. Maybe an idea would be to use the council tax registry? I moved house 5 times before settling here and, somehow, Ealing never ever lost my location!

The other thing I'm thinking about, especially for places like Hammersmith, T'Hamlets and so on is... elderly residents being abroad. My OH is operating lots of flights to India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Ghana and so on that are packed with elderly folks doing the equivalent of what the snowbirds do over in America.
Ealing, 100,000 vaccinated, 250,000 to go. Should come with a moobs alert too.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Ealing, 100,000 vaccinated, 250,000 to go. Should come with a moobs alert too.
Yeah, some 250,000 to go though (including yours truly), onwards & upwards! I receive Cllr Bell's email blast every week but it didn't show him in his undies...
Old Mar 13, 2021, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I anxiously await that day! I think my 22 year old in UK might be the last of us, husband becomes eligible in California on Monday and I should not be far behind. Youngest slid in early by volunteering on campus at Berkeley. I will breathe a sigh of relief when all 4 of us are done.

22 year old's bestie got her jab at Astra Zeneca last week, she is on her placement there, daughter is thinking back to last Jan and Feb when they were all interviewing and seeking placements all the gang thought daughter was quite lucky to get one nearish to London vs in the hinterlands of AZ's facility, but as it turned out, none of them went anywhere but work/home/work/home, so AZ turned out to have it own benefits.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
It really is amazing to hear so many people here are receiving their jabs so quickly. Being 27 I expect that I may have a bit of a wait when I return to the UK at the beginning of April.

Mrs Wilsnunn is a doctor so should be able to get hers as soon as we are back and have finished our ten day self isolation - maybe some eyelash fluttering on my end will help and we can do it together.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 3:21 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Pfizer comes in shipments from Puurs and with many complexities on transportation and storage, hence there isn't a batch specifically allocated for Pfizer against your name. It may work to your advantage in that you could get jab2 sooner rather than later.
That's probably what happened in my case. I was given a date for my second Pfizer jab five and a half weeks after the first but a friend in the same county who had his first AstraZeneca jab one day before me has not been given a date for his second.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by KARFA
it's been a while since I fluttered my eyelashes at anyone, but I suppose if it get's me a vaccine earlier I may be up for it
I knew you could do it - if pushed!!

I have to chuckle at myself here, as I had been reading the user name of the recently jabbed paulaf as probably a Paul AF (FT thinking I suppose).

Even when a hubby was mentioned and fluttering eyelashes invoked, I still had not picked up a gender (I have met a few FTers and plenty have hubbies!) ... only when CWS wrote Paula has the penny finally dropped that it is probably Paula F
Old Mar 13, 2021, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by antichef
I knew you could do it - if pushed!!

I have to chuckle at myself here, as I had been reading the user name of the recently jabbed paulaf as probably a Paul AF (FT thinking I suppose).

Even when a hubby was mentioned and fluttering eyelashes invoked, I still had not picked up a gender (I have met a few FTers and plenty have hubbies!) ... only when CWS wrote Paula has the penny finally dropped that it is probably Paula F
Correct I'm a Paula! I'm guilty as I thought when I first joined and just read posts about seats and lounges a few years ago and didn't really engage or contribute, there was a lovely story about CWS reuniting a lost soft toy or teddy with its owner by flying it back up to Newcastle and showing us photos of it en route, I thought CWS was a lady for a while until more recently ! Sorry!

Last edited by paulaf; Mar 13, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.