Wiki Posts
Search

Marks & Spencer @ LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Marks & Spencer @ LHR

there used to be reg stores selling clothes etc, it seems that they now only have Food items. Am I correct that the closest full store would be Hounslow Cranford? If it is is there a way to get there using the free bus system from LHR central term If I need to pay for transport then it pays to pay the $10 shipping charge on their site instead
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:16 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
No, the Cranford one is a petrol station convenience store!

The nearest full branch is in Staines, which is well outside the free bus zone, I'm afraid.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stut
No, the Cranford one is a petrol station convenience store!

The nearest full branch is in Staines, which is well outside the free bus zone, I'm afraid.
Thx, I noticed it says you can have an order shipped to a store for p/u, any idea if the M&S Food Shops in the Terms are included? My gut says no
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Thx, I noticed it says you can have an order shipped to a store for p/u, any idea if the M&S Food Shops in the Terms are included? My gut says no
I saw that Staines isnt from from LHR but there doesnt seem to be a Tube stop, so I assume its not easy via the buses. Is there a Full Store (besides the one in the City, that is near a tube stop and that isnt far from LHR . When I put what I wanted into the cart I saw that it jacked up each item by $10 so the 2 items would cost me an extra $30 with shipping Not worth it imo. But if the UK wont us yanks enter in mid Oct then its moot or if they wont let me transfer from my final destination. rather be prepared should it be possible to accomplish
Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

M&S have never had a full clothing store at Heathrow to my knowledge. Nearest (other than Staines) are Windsor and Uxbridge but all three are pretty small and won’t have the full selection. For that you’d have to head to Central London - Marble Arch, Pantheon (Oxford Street), either of the Westfields, the City. Or out of town to Camberley.

The food stores should accept a Click and Collect order, but best to do a trial run online and see. The garages don’t (or not all at least).
Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
M&S have never had a full clothing store at Heathrow to my knowledge. Nearest (other than Staines) are Windsor and Uxbridge but all three are pretty small and won’t have the full selection. For that you’d have to head to Central London - Marble Arch, Pantheon (Oxford Street), either of the Westfields, the City. Or out of town to Camberley.

The food stores should accept a Click and Collect order, but best to do a trial run online and see. The garages don’t (or not all at least).
thx, for the item Im interested in getting, it was always sold @ LHR although they didnt have as full as a selection as in the reg stores. But it sufficed
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What is the item you are after? We may be able to suggest alternatives.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
What is the item you are after? We may be able to suggest alternatives.

PJs shortys, was able last summer to get the reg ones @ M&S in Prague, but they didnt have any shortys. I usually keep a couple as backup and its been awhile since Ive been to The UK and dont have my reg shorty backups any longer. I know the quality isnt what it used to be but sttill find them to be better then whats out there for the price. PRG was more then getting in London (flew non-stop from UA) yet alot cheaper then M&S US prices

Buying online they want $39 a pair or its 22.50 GBP which is apx $29 plus a $10 shipping. Could live with the shipping but not the extra $10 per pair and with a 50/50 chance of transiting LHR in Oct I thought why even pay the shipping if I will be @ LHR

1st time to Londo was '83 and friends got me to buy them and havent worn anything else since
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Not that it matters, but does anyone happen to know when and where there was a Marks & Spencer full shop at LHR, as mentioned in the first post? I'm just trying to figure out how I managed to miss it.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Giggleswick
Not that it matters, but does anyone happen to know when and where there was a Marks & Spencer full shop at LHR, as mentioned in the first post? I'm just trying to figure out how I managed to miss it.

As the OP when I said Full Store I didnt mean the size or had the selection like Oxford Street. If it helps Ive yet to step inside T5, so it goes back to when BA was @ T4
Back in those days Oxford would have had over a dz different selections in PJs longs and shorts, while maybe there would be 1/2 dz at LHR. Nowadays I dont believe M&S even at Oxford would have a dz different patterns. It used to be all cotton (which I purchased) or a blend, from the website they only have the all cottons. But M&S isnt what it used to be either, really nothing is
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
there is a bus to staines roughly every 90 minutes. i say bus, its more a people carrier

https://bustimes.org/services/442-he...l-moor-staines

an alternative would be tube to hatton cross then the 285 to feltham station and then a train to staines. this would be fairly frequent
i don't think there is a direct bus from t5 to feltham station

or its about a 3.5 mile walk.

other alternatives ... heathrow express to paddington, tube to edgware road, big m&s by the tube station

railair bus to reading, big m&s 5 minutes walk from the station
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Giggleswick
There wasn’t (as I helped peripherally on a project assessing whether it would make sense about 15-20 years ago and concluded it wouldn’t). As John Lewis have found in T2, general merchandise retail doesn’t have the sales density or margin to make Heathrow work.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
there is a bus to staines roughly every 90 minutes. i say bus, its more a people carrier

https://bustimes.org/services/442-he...l-moor-staines

an alternative would be tube to hatton cross then the 285 to feltham station and then a train to staines. this would be fairly frequent
i don't think there is a direct bus from t5 to feltham station

or its about a 3.5 mile walk.

other alternatives ... heathrow express to paddington, tube to edgware road, big m&s by the tube station

railair bus to reading, big m&s 5 minutes walk from the station
Thx indeed, but unless I have a min of an 8 hr layover, I wouldnt want to gamble doing it, alot safer simply taking the Tube into town, and for that Id have to switch to a 7am departure to LHR from the 9:30am I wanted to grab.. Hopefully they will send it to the M&S Food shop in T5 to be picked up and save me the hassle
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
There wasn’t (as I helped peripherally on a project assessing whether it would make sense about 15-20 years ago and concluded it wouldn’t). As John Lewis have found in T2, general merchandise retail doesn’t have the sales density or margin to make Heathrow work.
Yet I remember seeing the pjs @ LHR and not the styles I was able to get @ Oxford St and once grabbing a pair since I was only connecting and it would be better then nothing at all. Sort of what I ended up doing in PRG last summer
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by craz
Thx indeed, but unless I have a min of an 8 hr layover, I wouldnt want to gamble doing it, alot safer simply taking the Tube into town, and for that Id have to switch to a 7am departure to LHR from the 9:30am I wanted to grab.. Hopefully they will send it to the M&S Food shop in T5 to be picked up and save me the hassle
Bus 8 from T5 has a far better schedule and is more direct.
https://www.firstgroup.com/berkshire...or=1&source=sp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.