Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glasgow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2020, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Glasgow Airport

Flew in and out of GLA earlier this week

Arrival.. My flight in arrived at 08:30. The next expected arrival into GLA was not until 11:15

Some border force got on the plane and were asking if you had completed the covid arrival form. If not you were told you had to complete it.

Wandered into the building. passport control seemed a little confusing as some people were going to fill in the form. Having filled in the form prior to arrival I had to barge a few people out the way to get to the queue for an agent.

no egates

despite being almost last off the plane there was only a q of 1 or 2 people till I got to the agent.

everything landside was closed, even at the domestic arrivals area, M&S must really regret taking over from Tesco

The express bus is running to a limited timetable, the morning I arrived there were buses at 08:45, 09;45 and 11:45. It seems they change the times every day and times are published a couple of days in advance on the website for the bus.

There was no charge for the bus.

long q of taxis available.

departing a few days later at 19:15. with a bus from Buchanan Street bus station at 16:15 and then one at 18:00 nothing really worked

Only one security station was open, so a small q

BA lounge closed (was not flying BA), Sky lounge/upperdeck or whetever its called is closed. the priority pass website does mention this

I heard the Lomond lounge was open but did not try it.

BA told me they lounge had been due to open in August but has been delayed as loads are not high enough.

Duty free was open

Airside Boots and Starbucks were open

Everything else was closed, however judging by the empty beer glasses one of the bars had been open earlier in the day.

International departures (18:00)

check in (9am)

Domestic arrivals (09:00)

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jul 31, 2020 at 8:39 am
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Wow. Thanks for the photos Scottishpoet!

It looks depressing to see it with no activity.

Flying from EDI next weekend ( to LHR then VCE )

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:59 pm

Location: Los Angeles and Eastern Sierra (weekly travel to SJC). "Home airports": LAX/BUR/BIH/SJC
Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, TSA Pre
Thanks for the photos. The two times I've flown to Glasgow the airport was kind of depressing even with people around (I usually fly to/from EDI). Seems really old, like some of the shabby parts of Heathrow.

What is Concourse D used for? I only got a little down the walkway before realizing I needed to return to B as my flight was about to board. Concourse D was a complete ghost town (October 2018).
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DataJunkie
Thanks for the photos. The two times I've flown to Glasgow the airport was kind of depressing even with people around (I usually fly to/from EDI). Seems really old, like some of the shabby parts of Heathrow.

What is Concourse D used for? I only got a little down the walkway before realizing I needed to return to B as my flight was about to board. Concourse D was a complete ghost town (October 2018).
Despite being a regular GLA traveller, I’d never heard of the piers being referred to as Concourse B or D before now! To me (and probably others), there was always the international pier, BA/BD domestic pier and low cost domestic and Ireland pier (though since they centralised security there have been some international flights from the BA/BD domestic pier).

Anyway, it appears that Concourse D to which you refer is the low cost pier. Don’t be fooled by the ghost town appearance, if you go down the stairs into the EasyJet gates area (4 gates I think), it’s (or was at least) a zoo! Ryanair tends to use the hate at the end of the pier, while Loganair flights are often from some of the smaller gates. Aer Lingus seem to have moved to the old domestic pier.
sigma421 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:54 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I always think Abbotsinch is a bit like Lisbon, in that they just keep building round the existing terminal so that you've got a kind of series of tree rings dating the place.

You can still see the old "arches", the original front of the terminal, inside - or at least you could, I know there were some changes to give it a proper "exit-through-the-gift-shop" layout.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star

D (gates 1-12) is typically low cost domestic along with some highland and island flights
Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi,

Some parts of GLA remind me a bit of the old Termninal 1 at LHR

Regards

TBS
skipness1E likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:10 pm

Location: Los Angeles and Eastern Sierra (weekly travel to SJC). "Home airports": LAX/BUR/BIH/SJC
Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Some parts of GLA remind me a bit of the old Termninal 1 at LHR

Regards

TBS
Yes! It reminds me of the old UK/Ireland departures area. I miss that terminal. Not because it was easy to use, but I seem to like mazes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.