Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Folkestone/Eurotunnel

Folkestone/Eurotunnel

Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Folkestone/Eurotunnel

Can anyone who has done this (recently) let me know what the procedure is like?

French immigration/border control is on the UK side, right? Are there any UK exit checks of any sort?

Trying to work out how long things will take. Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:27 am

As you leave the terminal car park area you drive through two check point. First a UK check point - I have never had to show any documents on leaving, then a French check point, I have always had to show documents at this check point.
If you intend to travel right now, France requires travellers to go into 14 day quarantine on arrival in France.
Friends passed through two weeks ago (when rules were stricter) and had to produce a lot of documents on why / where they were travelling to.
If you a UK citizen, remember that the UK foreign office is still advising against all non essential travel, which means most insurance policies will not be valid if you travel contrary to that advice.

Last edited by rcspeirs; Jun 19, 2020 at 7:28 am Reason: Fix predictive text stupidity
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

The 14-day quarantine in FR is voluntary rather than mandatory.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.