Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

UK 'to bring in 14-day quarantine' for air passengers

UK 'to bring in 14-day quarantine' for air passengers

Old May 22, 20, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Scots_Al View Post
If you donít mind me asking - what would be the point of such a visit? If you spend your whole time in the U.K. in quarantine, i.e. not seeing anyone you didnít arrive with, then is it really worth the hassle? If itís just a case of keeping your UK property ticking over, can someone else not pop in?
Yes, happy to answer as well. The builders have nearly finished their work, and although they say they will put all the furniture and pictures back properly, I want to check for myself, see if anything has been damaged, etc. -- as I would need to claim this soon after the work is complete. It would be great for someone else to do this for me, but as nobody else knows my home like I do, what is supposed to be there, and what condition it is supposed to be in, I have learned from previous experiences that checking in person is the only proper approach.

From another perspective, it's also nice to be home sometimes. But it's not essential by any means, which is why I have not travelled since March.
Old May 22, 20, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Scots_Al View Post
If you donít mind me asking - what would be the point of such a visit? If you spend your whole time in the U.K. in quarantine, i.e. not seeing anyone you didnít arrive with, then is it really worth the hassle? If itís just a case of keeping your UK property ticking over, can someone else not pop in?
My reasons why I'm thinking of doing the same are insurance related. My home insurance requires it not to be left unoccupied for more than 90 days, and my medical travel insurance also only allows trips of maximum 90 days. Both of these could potentially be changed, but for the latter I would need to go back to the UK anyway.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks all! Always interesting to try to understand why people would want to make trips which at first glance seem odd!
Old Yesterday, 6:32 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Wow, that list of exemptions is quite something. Maybe you can find an occupation on the list you would like to do (or already do). Something like "Euratom inspector" sounds good....

You have 16 days to have your last 'non quarantine' visit, if you arrive before 8 June you'll still be fine. At least that's one visit (and one batch of goodies back to wherever you want them).
Old Yesterday, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
You have 16 days to have your last 'non quarantine' visit, if you arrive before 8 June you'll still be fine. At least that's one visit (and one batch of goodies back to wherever you want them).
I definitely would, but if I left where I'm seeing out the Covid disruption I wouldn't be allowed back in.
Old Today, 2:54 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
I definitely would, but if I left where I'm seeing out the Covid disruption I wouldn't be allowed back in.
Yes, that is certainly an issue to be considered!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: