Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Overnight at LHR T5

Overnight at LHR T5

Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Overnight at LHR T5

So due to the current situation I will need to fly from Manchester to London T5 the day before my next leg (also T5) to Chicago next week. It looks like Sofitel is closed and I’d prefer not to make the trek into the city to find another hotel that is open. I’m prepared to spend 24 hours in the Terminal but can anyone suggest a better option ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You can't stay over night airside in the terminal, Landside is also closed over night plus there are no facilities to get a drink or food

There are some hotels that are still open but they are only accepting phone and in person bookings - I think a couple of the neaby Hiltons (including the one at T2 and Hatton Cross) are open

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Apr 21, 2020 at 3:57 pm
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Many thanks I’ll check them out.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
There was a suggestion on the BA forum that (at least a while back), the Sofitel was partly open and would take bookings on the phone if you could get through to the front desk (rather than just the call centre). Don’t know if still the case or not.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Fonsini
So due to the current situation I will need to fly from Manchester to London T5 the day before my next leg (also T5) to Chicago next week. It looks like Sofitel is closed and I’d prefer not to make the trek into the city to find another hotel that is open. I’m prepared to spend 24 hours in the Terminal but can anyone suggest a better option ?

Thanks in advance.
You should check out this thread in the BA forum:
COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
There was a suggestion on the BA forum that (at least a while back), the Sofitel was partly open and would take bookings on the phone if you could get through to the front desk (rather than just the call centre). Don’t know if still the case or not.
That was occurring in March. The Sofitel closed 1 April 2020 (indefinitely for the Covid crisis).
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys - the Hilton’s are indeed taking reservations.
Old May 25, 2020, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Fonsini
Thanks guys - the Hilton’s are indeed taking reservations.
Anyone know if this is still the case?

I'm transiting Heathrow in about a week and probably won't be able to stay airside due to separate tickets. With enough time between flights I was hoping I could get a walk up rate for a shower and possibly a nap. Thanks in advance.
Old May 25, 2020, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by hedur
Anyone know if this is still the case?

I'm transiting Heathrow in about a week and probably won't be able to stay airside due to separate tickets. With enough time between flights I was hoping I could get a walk up rate for a shower and possibly a nap. Thanks in advance.
As noted earlier in this thread, you might want to take a look at this thread:
COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5
corporate-wage-slave has been updating it. The HGI Hatton Cross and the DT Bath Road have been accepting bookings online again. I believe some of the others still require a phone call to the hotel.
hedur likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:27 am

look up local option on AirBnB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.